I completely give up.

cessna

And I'm only interested in women now who show an interest in me.

FANTASTIC idea......seriously you will avoid much rejection this way....in theory.

• Like 1
  • Author
Oh come on man. Being flaked on twice is nothing. From your original post with you talking about the "endless games" it sounded like you were being flaked on left and right. However, if you're being this shaken by only two women that you didn't even know, you're giving up far too easily IMO.

I mean think back to other things you've done in life. When things didn't go as planned a few times did you just give up? Or did you stick with it and persevere?

No, I meant I've been on online dating twice. I wish it was just two women that had played games, unfortunately it's been many more.

Haven't read all the posts... but...

Ahhhh I wish people would cut the 'be happy with yourself first' thing.

Come on! It's not that! Dating does suck immensely these days. It just does.

• Like 2

No offence brah, but your name cessna made me think you were a chick.

I'm willing to bet your problem is you are too nice when you text.

Too eager to respond.

also, need to schedule first meets during the week.

Not the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Author

No idea how you linked 'cessna' with me being a female. That's besides the point though, I'm not taking any advice from a man who uses the term 'brah'.

For whoever asked, I'm 27.

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

For what it's worth, I've never set up weekend dates w-women in the beginning either.

It's time I use for myself to unwind and to hang w-friends/family. So until she demonstrates value and it gets more serious, I plan all dates on weeknights.

Jacob_Duluoz

Cessna is a an aircraft company started in 1927. Along with Boeing, Airbus and Gulfstream it is one of the most widely known aircraft manufacturers int he world. Cessna's are owned and piloted by many people, mostly men! I would wager beautiful women love pilots brah!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna

• Like 2
  • Author

Oh I totally agree with the weekday date thing. I never ask a girl out for a date on a weekend so I'm not sure where that came from.

As for the texting, again I agree but I'm not too nice or too eager. I'm pretty straight to the point but I like to have a bit of a joke and laugh with it as well, keep it light hearted.

I'm not one for endless texting which is why I try and set up a date quickly.

And Jacob is spot on. Cessna isn't my name, rather the type of aeroplane I learnt to fly in years ago. It's just the first pointless, generic name that sprung to mind.

• Like 1
Cessna does sound like a feminine name, no offense. I would guess you were a girl too.

Why do you guys think using a plane as a handle makes you more likely to be a girl? Don't get it...

I have had enough with trying to find a woman for a while now but tonight is the night that I finally give up for good.

I can't be bothered to deal with the endless flakey girls, the endless ghosting and the endless games.

I just don't care anymore. I'm not bothered about marriage and having kids so at least I don't have that too worry about. It just seems that dating in this day and age had become such a chore, nothing about it is even remotely enjoyable.

I can't think of one girl since I've been single that hasn't given me the run around. Who hasn't made me chase and who, eventually, hasn't ended up ignoring me and vanishing off the face of the earth.

The idea of love just seems like such a waste of time to me now. I just want to concentrate on doing stuff that I enjoy from this point on.

Rant over.

I feel the same way. I've lost faith in finding the right woman too. My last and only serious girlfriend dumped me five years ago. I'm 29 now. I spent years trying to replace her. And nothing ever worked. Recently, after dates with six or seven women I met online went nowhere, plus several flakes, I got to the point where I was just going through the motions. I wasn't putting any effort into first messages anymore and deep down I just dreaded going on another date whether it started online or off because I knew the person would probably just flake like the others. I wasn't looking forward to meeting people. I had had enough and deleted my profiles. I don't actively pursue women anymore. Dating is unpleasant and unenjoyable. It's too much work. If it was meant to be, then why does it seem so impossible? It was making me a cynical, bitter person, so I gave up.

Edited by oberkeat
  • Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217
I feel the same way. I've lost faith in finding the right woman too. My last and only serious girlfriend dumped me five years ago. I'm 29 now. I spent years trying to replace her. And nothing ever worked. Recently, after dates with six or seven women I met online went nowhere, plus several flakes, I got to the point where I was just going through the motions. I wasn't putting any effort into first messages anymore and deep down I just dreaded going on another date whether it started online or off because I knew the person would probably just flake like the others. I wasn't looking forward to meeting people. I had had enough and deleted my profiles. I don't actively pursue women anymore. Dating is unpleasant and unenjoyable. It's too much work. If it was meant to be, then why does it seem so impossible? It was making me a cynical, bitter person, so I gave up.

Sounds like the man has to sell himself to the woman more than the other way around

sportygirl89

Wait until you've been single for 2 years (almost 3 as the end of this year). Then complain! I'm busying my self up with other fun activities. If you get yourself out there you could potentially meet someone decent. Searching for someone every minute or everyday (via online or other options) probably won't get you what you want long term. Go have fun with your friends and family and worry about girls later! I'm 26, so I get the pressure to be dating but I don't want to date just to date.

I'm going to be really honest.

If you're single for years at a time, and you have no offers, not even from people you're not onto, then chances are ; you're unattractive or just not desirable and very boring seeming. I am single a year now and get offers constantly. From online and real life ( a friend of a friend was really into me last night). I decline the offers because I hold out for the best sparks and chemistry in addition to compatability.

If you're not getting offers regularly, make sure that you're:

-Not exhibiting weird or socially awkward tendencies. I once did, and a mate of mine pulled me aside and tried to help me combat that.

- You have to be warm and approachable.

- You have to make it known you're keen but not be too over the top because you come off as desperate, and your value and perceived attraction drops.

- You have to manage to somehow be yourself but cover the weird or socially off putting tendencies, basically. And you need one heck of an honest friend or family member who woll behold enough to tell you the truth............

- Do you work out weekly? Decent people with options take good care of themselves. They aint all thin playboy models or body builder types, but you do need to avoid being dumpy or homely. Take some self pride.

So.... Have you ensured you're not socially unpleasant, stand offish or odd? Do you take ok care of your body? Are you warm and approachable? Do YOU take risks and approach a lot of women???

No idea how you linked 'cessna' with me being a female. That's besides the point though, I'm not taking any advice from a man who uses the term 'brah'.

For whoever asked, I'm 27.

Haha. 'chillax brah.'

Are you, by any chance, a pilot? Or just a fan of cessnas? I assume your name is a reference to the planes?

Edit: nevermind, was cleared up. Of course, since we refer to boats as 'she', one could argue that planes would also be referred to by the feminine pronoun (not sure what the custom is among pilots, I assume she), so maybe it is justified to assume a person named after a plane is female? Could be worse though, imagine what people would assume about you if your handle was Enola Gay.

I just did the same I gave up dating a long time ago. I still **** a woman here and there but that's it. It is a chore. You gotta worry about too much. There's people who just want to **** around and be happy. The only difference is some are willing to admit and own up to it and some aren't. There's too many girls out here for me to let a few that ignore me or overlook me, keep me down.

As of now I am putting more energy into what "I" love. Not into someone who isn't looking for that. I find that I click more now with girls who don't take these things seriously.