She rationalizes about lying about her age

LookAtThisPOst

• Author
LookAtThisPOst
But even as open as you are aren't there things you would not share initially?

If you have an issue with revealing your age when it comes to dating. The lest you could do is not even bother with online dating. Keep it organic in regular social gatherings.

impatiently_patient
Not tinder :laugh:

IRL, people don't select via age ranges we wear on our sleeves. I'd focus on IRL interactions that happen organically.

Or you lie... which is the topic du jour here. I'm not saying it's "right" to lie, I just think it might be more of a concern to some, and more of a limiting factor to others. Personally, I think online dating makes you fill out too much information and the algorithms assume way too much based on it.

Interestingly, on Ok Cupid, most of the women who broswe me are a good 5 to 10 years older (and often of low match percentages), a stark contrast to the ~23 year olds that flirt with me out in the fray (who are too young, frankly). I'm the same guy both places. The numbers obviously change the outcome.

• 1 year later...
  • Author
LookAtThisPOst

Recently saw this profile of a woman, she has her age at 41, but in her profile she said that that isn't her real age and feels that she shouldn't have to reveal it to anyone and believes there's more to someone than their statistics. Eels she shouldn't have to reveal such things until she gets to know someone.

Would that make her lie justified?

• Like 1
Life lessons
Recently saw this profile of a woman, she has her age at 41, but in her profile she said that that isn't her real age and feels that she shouldn't have to reveal it to anyone and believes there's more to someone than their statistics. Eels she shouldn't have to reveal such things until she gets to know someone.

Would that make her lie justified?

I'm hesitant to say it's not a lie, because it is but on the other hand, she's letting you know that she's being dishonest. So, I guess that's up to the individual, yourself, on how you view that! Age really is just a number. If there's a connection there then go for it. If you're physically attracted to her, go for it. Does she look to be close to the age she's saying she isn't? Lol

GunslingerRoland

Yeah, that isn't a lie. She says she won't reveal her real age. It is neither a lie, nor dishonesty through omission. You can decide how much it does or doesn't bother you. But remember to be fair, that if you met a 40 something woman at the bar, you probably wouldn't ask her age the first time you met her.

• Like 1

I think on OLD you ought to put your real age, but I get not wanting to talk about your age. On OLD, I've heard too many young girls who ended up out with old guys 40 years old who truly believe they are just the same as in their 20s and that's how they justify it. The only way they're still like they're in their 20s is if they have arrested development and have refused to grow up and date full grown women.

RecentChange

It's a shame people can't just OWN IT.

I mean wouldn't you rather look good for your age, then lie and say you are younger - and kinda look a bit, ahh weathered for your fake age?

Not to toot my own horn, but I do not look like 38 years. It's funny to see the reaction from doormen, check out clerk's etc when they see my ID. "Born in the 70's!? No way!" - and my go to joke is yep, I am an old lady!!

So, maybe I could say I was 30, or even 29. But I am PROUD of the wisdom and experience that extra decade has lent.

Wouldn't you rather be an experienced mind in an older body, than try to pass as younger and less worldy in an older body?

• Like 1

I guess the problem she has is that she looks 41, but she may be 51 or even 61 and if she tells the truth then that puts her in a different category as regards the men she will attract on OLD.

She is probably looking for a guy in his 40s, not one in his 50s, 60s, 70s... not many guys in their 40s will consider women in their 50s-60s on OLD, I would think.

She may just be fed up of dating very much older guys.

Edited by elaine567
Cookiesandough

It's not lying if she's saying it's not her real age she just doesn't want to tell it

She's entitled to feel that way and others are entitled to feel it's insecure, weird, and/or dodgy and pass up a date with her.