My coping diary

Yepanotherone

• Author
Yepanotherone

Day 17:

I'll provide a short update of where I'm at and what's been going on.

So I received my University results and achieved a 2:1 overall which I am pleased with. I would have loved a 1st (which is a 70% overall, I achieved 68% so I was close but short) but it was not to be. However I am happy, academically I did awful in the later part of school mainly due to depression - I was afraid to acknowledge it, tell anyone and deal with it at the time and this went on for many years.. I was left demotivated, no ambition and missing a lot of classes. So for myself many years on to have completed a degree is a pretty fascinating thing and I'm proud of myself :)

I don't feel it's really settled in that University is finished, it's September and a week or two from now I'd usually be preparing to start a new year. It's quite sad that it's over and I will miss it but I'm grateful for it's experiences and opportunities.

So in terms of work, I've handed in my letter to apply for unpaid leave, I hope it's accepted, if it's not then I will have to quit my job which isn't the worst thing in the world as I'll be applying for a new job now I'm a graduate anyhow but it would be nice to have a back up income in till I find a new appropriate job.

Relationship wise.. I never went on that date on Tuesday, the girl was playing games, she's been known to do this in the past so I didn't message her on the day we had made plans to meet. However I've got chatting to a new girl who is attractive and we are going for a date on Friday which will be cool.

I feel a little bit angry and myself and my ex at the moment.. I'm in slight disbelief that I actually thought we would work out (the long distance, the fact I'm traveling, her stage in life) and the nonsense I put up with.. I guess as she was so attractive, I was blinded by some her actions but rationalized them so I could keep the status quo.. however deep down my instincts was telling me something was deeply wrong and we needed to break up or discuss deeply what was going on.

I'm still slightly hung up on the fact she was so good looking and that really was the thing that stopped me being so assertive with her, I guess I didn't want to lose her as I felt she would be the best physically I'll ever get. I realize and acknowledge that there are many beautiful women out there and ones that I'll probably find more attractive, it's just getting to that point that's taking it's time..

Tomorrow I have my appointment with the endocrinologist, I really hope all goes well and quickly. My ideal scenario would be that I get diagnosed, given medication and possibly receive an MRI in a few weeks time, all before I travel.. I really don't want this to effect my travel plans... that's all I'm focused on at the moment. The hormone issues truly are effecting my mood and weight loss.. some days I'm in a great mood and others I'm a bit down, I hope for more stabilization. In terms of weight loss the hormones truly are stopping myself losing weight which is frustrating as I'm doing everything as needed.. hopefully medication will lower my hormones and leave me to lose some weight before I travel, I'd like to be in somewhat shape before I go.

As always I said this would be brief.. and it was nothing of the sort haha. Thank you for your continued support. oh and I haven't checked her social media once since that very painful day :)

• Author
Yepanotherone
Samsung S5 or S6.

Otherwise, keep on going. You're doing well, keep strong. Don't look for breadcrumbs.

Good luck!

I'm considering the LG G4 or the S6 now, both seem to have great cameras which would be very good for my travels.

• Author
Yepanotherone
Samsung S5 or S6.

Otherwise, keep on going. You're doing well, keep strong. Don't look for breadcrumbs.

Good luck!

I'm considering the LG G4 or the S6 now, both seem to have great cameras which would be very good for my travels.

Btw something I didn't mention in the above post...

I'm beginning to feel really grateful for the break up, I can see that I'm less frustrated, more content with life and my self respect and confidence is shooting up. I don't feel now that in future relationships if I were to be disrespected that I would stand for it. I really am learning a lot about myself and how to improve my relationships from this break up. My anxiety has lessened to a great degree and I'm acceptance of me as a person... I'm just me, nobody else it me and if others don't like that then I wouldn't want to associate myself with them anyway :)

That's good news. Being grateful for the change is so important. If you start to get upset just remember the feeling you had when you first felt grateful for it.

I know how hard it is to move on from someone so attractive. It can make simple things like picking up a laundry bin look seductive as ****. However, it doesn't mean they were right for you. Make sure they stimulate your cerebrum as well. You sound like you're making great progress. I wish I had your mental fortitude right now. I sure as hell could use it.

As for the phones:

S6 - GREAT camera, no expandable memory no accessible battery like older models. I love mine but...I miss the SD card slot.

LG G4 - Slightly less amazing camera but has an SD card slot AND a removable battery which I feel are bigger bonuses in the long run. I may even trade my phone in because those features are so important to me.