Should the Dumpee contact the Dumper?

Gingerlocks

• Author

Thing that is pissing me off is that EVERYBODY says that she will come back to me at some point, wanting to start again....

Thing that is pissing me off is that EVERYBODY says that she will come back to me at some point, wanting to start again....
Tell everybody to STFU.

Sounds like you need to hang around some different people.

Newsflash: your ex, my ex, Jesus' ex - they're not that special.

• Like 2
  • Author

Anybody? should I keep the entire family blocked, even though we got ALONG really great, and her mom loves me to bits.

Block for the foreseeable future.

"The foreseeable future" is as long as it takes for you to feel completely, totally, entirely indifferent to her, and you couldn't care less where she's at, who she's with, what she's doing, or why.

The day you realise you haven't thought about her for a month, and when you do, it's like thinking about the checkout guy at walmart's - that's when you'll be 'indifferent'.

THEN - if you feel it matters any, you could say hi to her mom.

But not before.

NEVER, before.

Do what you feel you need to do. People on here have already suggested what you should do, but if it is eating at you, then do what you want. Think about what is the worse that can happen and how will you deal with it. Only you can answer that. Are you going to see pics of her on their pages and will that hurt? Is it best not to take that chance because it may keep you from healing? We give advice on here based on our experience, but you have to sort through and do what is best for you. Worst case, you learn from your mistakes and sometimes that is better than wondering if you did the right thing or not. Live and learn I say, but do not repeat the same mistakes twice because then it is a conscious decision on your part and no longer a mistake.

G-Locks I didn't get a chance to read your story because of all the comments and threads but from what I see yours is very heartbreaking and similar to mines in the aftermath so from one man to another... Stay no contact and don't contact her again. Though I do like what Oregon has to say lol... "BLOCK EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE," depending on how you feel it may not be the best bet because it does show harsh resentment but at the same time it does help to some degree (kind of like being in rehab) but you're still going to think about it and wonder.

I removed my ex-fiancé from my page about 3 months ago as my female 'clientele' starting growing and after being involved in a lot of personal activities I didn't want her to be apart of while she was going on and on about her new man. I didn't follow her so I couldn't see it but it came a time when it was like... WHATEVER... even though her family and friends would still reach out to me to say hello and check up on me from time to time.

All in all... if the family stays in touch don't block them....Your ex will reach out to you for certain (mine did after 8 months NC and I finally realized she will never change her spiteful/idiot ways and it helped me move even further) and keeping doing YOU! It will sit in your mind but take your time, meet as many ladies as you can and when the time is right you will know... even if it's reconciliation but in order for that to happen you MUST... MOVE... ON! Best wishes champ.

• Author
G-Locks I didn't get a chance to read your story because of all the comments and threads but from what I see yours is very heartbreaking and similar to mines in the aftermath so from one man to another... Stay no contact and don't contact her again. Though I do like what Oregon has to say lol... "BLOCK EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE," depending on how you feel it may not be the best bet because it does show harsh resentment but at the same time it does help to some degree (kind of like being in rehab) but you're still going to think about it and wonder.

I removed my ex-fiancé from my page about 3 months ago as my female 'clientele' starting growing and after being involved in a lot of personal activities I didn't want her to be apart of while she was going on and on about her new man. I didn't follow her so I couldn't see it but it came a time when it was like... WHATEVER... even though her family and friends would still reach out to me to say hello and check up on me from time to time.

All in all... if the family stays in touch don't block them....Your ex will reach out to you for certain (mine did after 8 months NC and I finally realized she will never change her spiteful/idiot ways and it helped me move even further) and keeping doing YOU! It will sit in your mind but take your time, meet as many ladies as you can and when the time is right you will know... even if it's reconciliation but in order for that to happen you MUST... MOVE... ON! Best wishes champ.

why did she contact you? what did she want?

why did she contact you? what did she want?

I wish I could tell you my friend and I reached out on here about a month ago to find answers because I've kept the door slightly open to start a new friendship and maybe a possible reconciliation waaaaaaay down the line if no one else works out but I guess she found I had deleted her and she basically wanted to throw the dagger in even more when she started talking about her new guy and step daughter lol.

The crazy thing is she asked me "What have I been up to?" Then she adds, "I understand if you don't want to keep in touch." I didn't want to answer or let alone keep it brief, but like an idiot I waited a few days to respond and just told her all I had been up to which was a lot and just focused on things to talk about other than who we were dating and all that and I ended the email in a way to where she didn't have to respond back but of course...she did it anyway and it was a horrible response to say the least.

Some say she was just being nosey, some say she was being spiteful, some say she's probably not as happy as she thought she would be but all I know is that I'm just staying focused on what I have now and that's my health, money and "friends." :)

Any new updates for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's good to hear man. The hell with it but don't ever burn bridges just in case those nights get lonely lol j/k. I read everything you wrote and it is devastating but when you get to that point where you can just accept it and look back and laugh it feels so good. Keep doing you man.

Did you end up unblocking the family?

I removed my ex from FB but I kept her mom and sister. They were extremely good to me and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Luckily neither of them have ever posted many pictures or anything like that. Plus I'd like to have them able to contact me in case of something important, you know?

Of course it's up to you, I just liked them too much to do it. If it ends up making things worse I'll probably pull the plug, although I'm not much of a facebooker anyways.

• Like 1
  • Author
Did you end up unblocking the family?

I removed my ex from FB but I kept her mom and sister. They were extremely good to me and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Luckily neither of them have ever posted many pictures or anything like that. Plus I'd like to have them able to contact me in case of something important, you know?

Of course it's up to you, I just liked them too much to do it. If it ends up making things worse I'll probably pull the plug, although I'm not much of a facebooker anyways.

Yup, I've blocked them. Thought it was for the best.

• Like 1