Inexperienced guy in need of guidelines (Updated)

It's now four months since things went bad, my question is: how do you forget a girl you love? I would really like to move on but I have her stuck in my head. It gets better for a while and then something triggers in me and I get sad again. We only saw each other twice since then (randomly). Sometimes I dream about her and realize I miss just talking to her - I lost a good friend. Her birthday is this week, I will call her to wish her all good, what will happen in the future I have no idea.

I would not reach out to her again. Now if she approached you that's another story.

You got multiple dates from her which shows that you will get other women to date you so time to look for someone new.

Men don't get dates unless they ask for them.

• Author

We agreed we'd stay friends, I also told her I won't ask her to see each other again and it's her choice. I don't intend to pursue her, just thought I'd make a friendly call. Even if she ever changed her mind I'd look hard into the reasons why. Right now I don't even think I'd accept if she said let's go for a walk or something...I'd like to leave this chapter of my life behind but I can't simply bury it...it would probably be better if she would rudely cut me off back then so I could at least tag her a b*tch and move on.

Pulling the friend card on you is worse than if she was a b*tch. YOU CANNOT BE FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH.

Also, whatever you do, do NOT send her a birthday greeting. Don't. Don't. Don't.

• Author

Alright, f*ck it won't say a thing. We live close to each other - what do I say when I meet her on the street? Become an ice cube, say hi like I don't even know her for my entire life? Avoid contact forever? When we were going out together I knew I would regret risking it all but just had to push on...like maybe something good happens. Now exactly that happened and I will walk away 100% before getting attached to any friend again. Lesson learned.

• Author

Also to be honest it wasn't her pulling the friend card on me, at the time I was so in it it was me having illusions of being friends, she didn't know what to do really. When she saw it was not going to end well she tried to back off a little to let things cool down a bit. Of course I had to dig deeper until finally breaking everything. She said it was ideal during summer when we went so easy...

Also to be honest it wasn't her pulling the friend card on me, at the time I was so in it it was me having illusions of being friends, she didn't know what to do really. When she saw it was not going to end well she tried to back off a little to let things cool down a bit. Of course I had to dig deeper until finally breaking everything. She said it was ideal during summer when we went so easy...

You did nothing wrong.

You tried to become her BF.

She shot you down. That is all what life is about.

You will be doing something wrong if you continue to be her friend. Maintain no contact. Sometimes you may run into each other. No need to acknowledge her. If she is in the diner when you arrive. Avoid eye contact and sit at the opposite end.