Shallow or realistic? He's 2 feet taller than me

abby_tx

regine_phalange

I used to know a married couple who had a significant height difference. But it was adorably funny and cute in my opinion. And I suspect that they had awesome sex :p

• Like 2
  • Author

I thought I'd give an update. Thanks to everyone who suggested I give it a try.

The date went really well. The negative is that every place we went, we got stares. I'm not used to that. It was a bit uncomfortable and obviously I'll have to learn how to stop caring what people think if we continue dating. Not only am I a lot shorter than him, but I'm also very petite and thin. He had his arm around me at one point and got worried that it was too heavy for my body to handle. In reality, it felt so good I wanted to fall asleep in his big, manly arms. I've never felt so comfortable and safe. Ahhh

We're pretty different interest/style wise. Where we match up I think is our personality. We're both really mellow and old fashioned when it comes to dating. I guess we'll see what happens.

• Like 2
  • Author

I REALLY want our second date activity to be 'nap' because it would feel so good to lay in those arms and I'm too impatient to wait. ha

Did he make a typo in his profile? How do you know he's 7', did he talk about it?

There is no height difference when you are lying down together.......mother nature has her ways :love:

There is no height difference when you are lying down together.......mother nature has her ways :love:

I beg to differ.

I'm 5'3'' my last long-term was a man 6'4''. That's 1'1'' foot difference and it was very awkward at times.

Mismatched height *can* cause sexual incompatability.

This is obvious, and I bet everyone was thinking of this already..

PinkElephants
I REALLY want our second date activity to be 'nap' because it would feel so good to lay in those arms and I'm too impatient to wait. ha

Yes! I'm 5'2" and I dated a guy who was 6'4". He used to lay on his side with his arms and legs wrapped around me and his head tilted down towards mine. It was pretty sexy being wrapped up in a big man cocoon.

The only bad part was that he'd sleep with his arms around me and I got rolled from one side of the bed, over his body, to the other side because he took me with him when he turned over and it was impossible to crawl out of the hole he made when he was holding me in. It was a minor issue that was solved with a conversation that ended with me sleeping unbothered and being snatched 8 inches across the bed and into the arm cocoon as soon as my eyes opened.

Mismatched height *can* cause sexual incompatability.

This is obvious, and I bet everyone was thinking of this already..

But they don't always. We had no sexual issues and it was fun being flung around by a guy who was so much bigger. Plus, how tall he is doesn't matter when the girl is on top ;)

• Like 1
Okay thanks everyone! I am trying not to be so self-conscious. I just picture people seeing us in person and laughing or thinking, "Why is he with HER?" Or tall girls thinking he could do better. I have to work on my confidence I guess.

I'm average height 5'4" so that should tell you how tall he is. :eek:

there are plenty of petite women with men well over 6 feet tall.

hayden pantierre and wladimer, kristen bell and her husband, kim kardashian and her first husband, eva longoria and her basketball ex. plenty of popular celeb couples.

I'm 5'4 and my LTRs were always 6'2-6'4. It worked.

But when I had a few dates with a basketball player 7'2... meh. It does bring issues in bed. It doesn't match very well. But maybe that was only my one experience. Try it out and tell us ;)