Girls, will this hurt my chances with young women?

BeaveCake

Do you have any idea how many women have a crush on Vin Diesel? Shave it off and workout, plenty of women will like you........actually, because it's a different look at your age, it will actually improve your chances. Novelty can give you a boost.

• Like 2

Many women find it unattractive. I'm an anomaly amongst my girlfriends, who are all late 30's and early 40's, in that I find bald men very attractive. They don't, and often nix a guy right away for not having a full head of hair. Their loss, as their pool is smaller than mine as a result, and I'm okay by that - I get all the cuties!

• Like 1
I know of no young women who prefer bald, especially the attractive ones, it's more a girl who is more able to get past it I'd say, and again if she's attractive she can obviously have her pick, and would choose the 99% with hair

Absolutely false.

As a guy with no hair, I think the majority of women just don't care that much, even if they do prefer hair.

Other attributes come in higher on the list.

I can't even describe the level of girls I can get in your age group as basically an old, bald man. :lmao:

It has almost nothing to do with it, even though I thought as you do before the shave.

• Like 1
HereNorThere

I had a roommate that went bald at the age of 25. The day that he actually decided to go ahead and shave his head, he cried.

Funny part is, once he got used to it, it was actually a real attention getter. He probably got more chicks because of his shaved head.

Grow a beard, figure out how gain more muscle you probably need to lift heavier and eat more protein.

Yes you might have problems finding the ones who are open attractive cause your standards are high as sh*t. Even taller guys with hair have problems getting chicks that hot.

• Like 1

No I dont see how being bald (yes Bruce Willis bald) would hurt your chances. My now ex of 5 years started balding at like 18 and shaved his whole head at 20. I met him a few years later and didnt think anything of it. I dont think its a big deal either way. And i'll even go as far as to say that it seems as if its becoming a trend. Bald with a beard.

• Author
Grow a beard, figure out how gain more muscle you probably need to lift heavier and eat more protein.

Yes you might have problems finding the ones who are open attractive cause your standards are high as sh*t. Even taller guys with hair have problems getting chicks that hot.

I wouldn't say they are astronomically high, yes I of course find the beauty queen attractive but there's also a number of girls I thought were very cute but my friends were just like' she's pretty but that's it' so I'd say the lowest I'll ever date is a 7, and that's a solid statement. If there's one thing I am it's stubborn and I've settled on enough that I won't settle in this department.

As for the rest my facial hair was partially affected as well and has patches so it's a no go, and for my stature I have decent tone. All the guys in the close family are small guys, it's just our build, while I will eat to improve muscle definition I'm not willing to try supplements or powders as I've seen those cause serious issues.

• Author
Many women find it unattractive. I'm an anomaly amongst my girlfriends, who are all late 30's and early 40's, in that I find bald men very attractive. They don't, and often nix a guy right away for not having a full head of hair. Their loss, as their pool is smaller than mine as a result, and I'm okay by that - I get all the cuties!

Maybe the shaved head is more accepted by girls my age then, if you say most girls your age don't like it when the majority of men do lose hair anyway and it isn't uncommon. I've done a few anonymous polls in sites where you can ask people of the opposite sex in specific age groups question where they can (if they choose to be) be anonymous as well and only about 1/3 or under of the voters under 25 say it's a deal breaker so maybe they shaved head is more accepted as a new trend.

And no offense but you and your friends are a little above the age I'm going after haha, I hope to be married in my twenties to a girl about the same so don't take it personal haha. And thank you for your support!

Everyone is different. I've never dated a bald guy and I personally don't find that attractive (I'm not 20 so my opinion doesn't count) but hey...some guys like blondes and some guys like brunettes. There is someone for everyone out there

Edited by LilaMarie
  • Like 1
40 Fonzarelli
I wouldn't say they are astronomically high, yes I of course find the beauty queen attractive but there's also a number of girls I thought were very cute but my friends were just like' she's pretty but that's it' so I'd say the lowest I'll ever date is a 7, and that's a solid statement. If there's one thing I am it's stubborn and I've settled on enough that I won't settle in this department.

As for the rest my facial hair was partially affected as well and has patches so it's a no go, and for my stature I have decent tone. All the guys in the close family are small guys, it's just our build, while I will eat to improve muscle definition I'm not willing to try supplements or powders as I've seen those cause serious issues.

You can still build muscle if you want to. Some jacked guys were once "small guys". And the basic supplements like whey protein, multivitamins, fish oil, etc are perfectly fine.

• Author
Shaved to the skin though? Like Bruce Willis bald?

You can still build muscle if you want to. Some jacked guys were once "small guys". And the basic supplements like whey protein, multivitamins, fish oil, etc are perfectly fine.

While I continue to lift I'm not really unhappy with my size, yeah some more muscle wouldn't hurt but my weight and stature is actually perfect for skydiving with wind resistance, (I'm taking courses and getting licensed on it after starting last year) and to me bald jacked guys always seemed like they were overly compensating, to me the same with bald guys with a ton of facial hair.

• Author
Everyone is different. I've never dated a bald guy and I personally don't find that attractive (I'm not 20 so my opinion doesn't count) but hey...some guys like blondes and some guys like brunettes. There is someone for everyone out there

So baldness would have been a complete turn off despite a guys face/eyes etc? I can respect if not, I admit I couldn't dare a bigger girl and don't want to be a hypocrite.

And I've never heard a guy turn an attractive girl down for hair color so I don't think that analogy fits really. Be honest....most of the women you know probably find it a turn off as well? Past and present girls you've known? (If the subject was ever brought up) and be brutally honest if it typically is said 'I wouldn't date a bald guy' just tell me

Beavecake...you seem like a positive person, your personality comes through...take our opinion with a grain of salt please?

One bald guy caught my attention but he was omg sooooo attractive (if you want to know details lol here goes, over 6ft tall, lean, engineer, house, younger, he had it all except the hair). He has been the only bald guy to hit on me.

My friends do have bald boyfriends but you are not going to like what I say next...they are a bit on the heavy side. Men fall in love with their eyes and women fall in love through their ears. If you are a good guy women will see that so stop focusing on the negative!

And yes, there are guys that are attracted to blondes only. Everyone has their own definition of what they consider attractive.

• Like 1
  • Author
Beavecake...you seem like a positive person, your personality comes through...take our opinion with a grain of salt please?

One bald guy caught my attention but he was omg sooooo attractive (if you want to know details lol here goes, over 6ft tall, lean, engineer, house, younger, he had it all except the hair). He has been the only bald guy to hit on me.

My friends do have bald boyfriends but you are not going to like what I say next...they are a bit on the heavy side. Men fall in love with their eyes and women fall in love through their ears. If you are a good guy women will see that so stop focusing on the negative!

And yes, there are guys that are attracted to blondes only. Everyone has their own definition of what they consider attractive.

Well again whatever the ages are, said you're older and a man being bald at that point is more acceptable. As for your friends well don't take it as an affront when I say a girls weight is definitely deal breaker category for me. Two things that call it for me are a girls face-I'm going to be spending a lot of time looking at it she needs to have a great face-and weight, I'm a small guy and I could only ever date a slender or skinny girl, I do jog and work out and am very active with skydiving etc, so I couldn't get past a girl being heavyset. Please don't take that too bad but I'm very straightforward about what I find physically attractive and if a girl is skinny with a beautiful face she is pretty much set in my books

• Author
Wrong analogy.

It would be more like you turning down women with blue eyes.

There will be a million others who enjoy your shaved head.

Is it really that many though? And you said about my age who were attractive just seems like they'd pick hair especially given how young I am they may subconsciously think it's irregular whereas your age not so much. (Don't take that bad) true I've been told I rock it and girls have said they couldn't imagine me with hair with how well my face and headshape fit it, but I still feel like the caliber of girl I go for wouldn't be into it ever on a guy like me who's not a natural stud.

And just so you know I realize I sound shallow with looks but I admit they are a must and I will not lower my standards, that being said I only want one in the end, I'm not some player, I do need a girl to look beautiful and be sweet but I want something real and lasting with her not some fling.

Do you have any idea how many women have a crush on Vin Diesel? Shave it off and workout, plenty of women will like you........actually, because it's a different look at your age, it will actually improve your chances. Novelty can give you a boost.

Gary its not even 9am over here! Don't start me off thinking about "lunch" already!!! :D

• Author
So what are you gonna do if you don't get what you want?

I'd rather be alone than with a girl I thought was below a 7 because I'm a person who's brutally honest, it's just part of the way I raised, I do nothing half assed and that carries over to most aspects of my life, truth is I'd never tell a girl she was beautiful if she wasn't actually very physically attractive. And yes personality is important in a relationship, but alone it just makes good friendship. I don't fully like the numbering system for a few reasons but it's kinda the only way to describe my standards I guess, like I said 7 is the limit and that's something that won't change ( to be fair many of my friends say the same) and personally I know many just decent looking guys non model type, who do get the model girls, and I've been told by plenty of girls that I rock a shaved head do well they couldn't imagine me with hair so unless you really think no hair cuts down a guys looks a ton I wouldn't say I'm shooting too high with my standards here.

But you act as though it's VERY crippling on the dating scene '1 or 2' girls won't mind? So you're saying the vast majority will view it as a deal breaker? You act like this is the same offputtingness (if that's a word) as a fat guy etc. seriously though,

I've done several anonymous polls on a site where you ask questions anonymously to members of the opposite sex and it's usually under 1/3 say they couldn't, whereas for the rest while it's not a preference it's not a deal breaker.

You seem to say id only have a chance with a couple girls in a crowd and chances are they weren't attractive, am I right in the way I took that?

Yes maybe 1-2 girls in a crowd; similar to but not as bad as being fat. Do you really think that half or more girls would be okay with or even prefer a bald guy? Common be realistic.

Whatever man, I think everyone knows that internet polls do not reflect real life. It's also why presidential election poll trackers are always laughably inaccurate.

No I absolutely don't think that the girls that would be okay with a bald head would be unattractive. A super hot girl could be okay with or even prefer a bald head and a fat ugly girl could only want guys with full hair. I don't think anyone would say that better looking girls are more likely to not be okay with a bald head, but I'm surprised that you even thought I meant that.

Edited by wb1988
  • Author
Yes maybe 1-2 girls in a crowd; similar to but not as bad as being fat. Do you really think that half or more girls would be okay with or even prefer a bald guy? Common be realistic.

Whatever man, I think everyone knows that internet polls do not reflect real life. It's also why presidential election poll trackers are always laughably inaccurate.

No I absolutely don't think that the girls that would be okay with a bald head would be unattractive. A super hot girl could be okay with or even prefer a bald head and a fat ugly girl could only want guys with full hair. I don't think anyone would say that better looking girls are more likely to not be okay with a bald head, but I'm surprised that you even thought I meant that.

I think you're a bit delusional in thinking it's as vast a turn off as you say, do I think it a preference to near half no I do not at all, I know the preference will of course be hair, however it's not a dealbreaker to most like you say, I'd say yes probably close to 50/50 of the girls my age may find it a deal breaker, however like that implies there's the other half that don't mind, you make it sound like less than 5% or like a very rare occurrence a girl will date a guy with no hair. And once again this was a poll totally anonymous so it prevents 'feel good' answers, even the posts here are way over 50% saying it's fine true the age skews it but still.

And by the way, as far as look how good looking those famous bald guys are to pull it, my two strongest qualities were face and eyes, I don't mean to brag but my face really is model like with my cheekbones jawline and general head shape. A friends girlfriend even told me once I was the only person she knows who can pull off no hair, saying how before he current boyfriend she actually kinda crushed on me, and I've even been told I look better without hair than with it given how hair made me look juvenile, so I highly doubt I'll be relegated to 1 or 2 girls only per every hundred as you say.

By the way clubbing is not how to meet quality women

Is it really that many though? And you said about my age who were attractive just seems like they'd pick hair especially given how young I am they may subconsciously think it's irregular whereas your age not so much. (Don't take that bad) true I've been told I rock it and girls have said they couldn't imagine me with hair with how well my face and headshape fit it, but I still feel like the caliber of girl I go for wouldn't be into it ever on a guy like me who's not a natural stud.

And just so you know I realize I sound shallow with looks but I admit they are a must and I will not lower my standards, that being said I only want one in the end, I'm not some player, I do need a girl to look beautiful and be sweet but I want something real and lasting with her not some fling.

Not sure how long you have been bald for but from what you wrote it seems to be fairly well accepted with female friends.That's a very good sign unless they BS you just to try boost your confidence. I do think the more attractive women with many options will tend (not exclusively) prefer guys with a full head of hair. I do think women are more accepting of a bald guy at an older age, though as a couple have pointed out it will make you stand out more in your 20s. It will lower your options, in terms of women who don't mind, but I guess from your perspective its the opinion of the more attractive women that counts. I guess you'll find out for yourself as you start to flirt with them more.

People use Vin Diesel as an example of a bald guy who women like, but I think the guy is reasonably good looking to begin with and hyper masculine. The bald look suits a thick neck guy much better than a pencil neck guy. If you are handsome like you say that will definitely help to offset the no hair. I had a couple of friends that were balding in their 20s, and it hit their confidence and they had a harder time attracting women. They did not shave their head though, and how much their lower self esteem damaged their chances over their thinning hair is hard to say, but it definitely compounded it imo.

• Author
Not sure how long you have been bald for but from what you wrote it seems to be fairly well accepted with female friends.That's a very good sign unless they BS you just to try boost your confidence. I do think the more attractive women with many options will tend (not exclusively) prefer guys with a full head of hair. I do think women are more accepting of a bald guy at an older age, though as a couple have pointed out it will make you stand out more in your 20s. It will lower your options, in terms of women who don't mind, but I guess from your perspective its the opinion of the more attractive women that counts. I guess you'll find out for yourself as you start to flirt with them more.

People use Vin Diesel as an example of a bald guy who women like, but I think the guy is reasonably good looking to begin with and hyper masculine. The bald look suits a thick neck guy much better than a pencil neck guy. If you are handsome like you say that will definitely help to offset the no hair. I had a couple of friends that were balding in their 20s, and it hit their confidence and they had a harder time attracting women. They did not shave their head though, and how much their lower self esteem damaged their chances over their thinning hair is hard to say, but it definitely compounded it imo.

Was it awful though? You're friends dating life I mean did they date or get any decently attractive girls at all? (Like the other poster says how hardly any will accept it) and I do think shaved is much better looking and well received then grown out balding hair by a ****load.

And the girl who said I was a stud wasn't a super close friend at the time she just heard once I was self conscious and straight up said I was nuts for it, and multiple people have seen old pics with a lot if hair and said they prefer this, I really was shocked how well I pulled it off , given I'm a skinny pale guy haha 5'8 to 5'10 depending on the scale and weighing under 140 I'm not big, I work out and get tone but no mass however I fit my build. I don't look scrawny or jacked or muscular just fit which is fine. So my neck isn't jacked but it isn't pencil either, it may be on vin diesel compared to him but whole shape looks well all in all.

As for my skin the same dermatologist who told me about the condition initially pretty much told me I had a skin type that doesn't tan at all basically two steps above ginger. So I am paler... But my face and eyes have been complemented a ton more since shaving and they do work wonders for pulling it off.

OP,

Who cares?

Lots of sexy men have bald heads, and most women don't mind a bit.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=famous+bald+men&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=643&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q7AlqFQoTCPba1d2Yq8cCFcq6GgodpOgEWg#imgrc=rbsqhh7VCNeQPM%3A

Smart women are more interested in personality, kindness, reliability, sense of humour, good grooming, rather than how many filled follicles a man has on his head.

Go for it !

• Author
OP,

Who cares?

Lots of sexy men have bald heads, and most women don't mind a bit.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=famous+bald+men&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=643&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q7AlqFQoTCPba1d2Yq8cCFcq6GgodpOgEWg#imgrc=rbsqhh7VCNeQPM%3A

Smart women are more interested in personality, kindness, reliability, sense of humour, good grooming, rather than how many filled follicles a man has on his head.

Go for it !

Realize I'm only 20, looking to date younger women and hope to be married in 20's so I'm not even entertaining the though of waiting to date until baldness is acceptable