Met a Cheater....

MissBee, why are you upset with him? It's not his responsibility to cover your heart, it's yours. People lie. People purposely hide important details about their lives out of selfish gain, being a compulsive liar and all the other reasons for deceiving others. It's our duties to investigate strangers. Atleast that's what I have learned during my journey of dating again, reading post on OW forums, etc. I always remember the phrase:Stranger Danger...lol

I am confused because we should "expect" people to be nefarious that would negate someone from being upset/annoyed with them. Seems to be a very reasonable response to finding someone has been less than truthful with you.

So while yes we need to investigate and slowly get to know others it does not negate a negative emotional response when you found out they may have acted like a douchebag.

I think being completely blase on it would be a weird/unnatural response.

Miss Bee - sorry you are dealing with this. Get the information you want/need and make you best decision. You have a good gut and head on your shoulders and they will steer you in the right direction.

And sometimes, people just suck.

• Like 2
Grapesofwrath

Recently I was talking with a sales rep at work. He started flirting with me, asking personal questions. We had originally met on jury duty, so it wasn't our first meeting. In any case, he tells me he has a girlfriend, blah blah blah, then three minutes later says he thinks I'm very attractive and would I like to go for coffee.

I mean...for real? wow.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

If there is one thing I've learned (the hard way) is to always listen to your instincts. It's a shame people cant just be honest but unfortunately that is the world we live in - at least you were not to invested in this relationship.

MissBee, why are you upset with him? It's not his responsibility to cover your heart, it's yours. People lie. People purposely hide important details about their lives out of selfish gain, being a compulsive liar and all the other reasons for deceiving others. It's our duties to investigate strangers. Atleast that's what I have learned during my journey of dating again, reading post on OW forums, etc. I always remember the phrase:Stranger Danger...lol

Loveme,

Sure we have a responsibility to cover our own heart, but certainly have some responsibility to cover the heart of people we date. Not being honest with one you are dating is not good protocol.

MissBee,

Any update?