Girl I work with asked me out..

HereNorThere

Dude, you're 21 with a summer job and a crazy chick trying to stick her tongue down your throat. Go buy yourself a box of condoms and have fun.

Geez, what, are you going to live forever?

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217

Don't know if this counts as a role reversal, but when I was at the dog beach with my Dog, my Dog is male, when we were walking, my Dog was approached by a female Dog and sniffing him, I wonder if that is uncommon among dogs, as in typically it is the other way around

mortensorchid

Well you didn't really say whether or not you like her as well. You were wishy washy enough to give a maybe answer the first time. This happened to me recently - I had a thing for a guy I was working with and asked if he wanted to hang out sometime, he texted back "I am not interested in you romantically". That was my answer. I decided "I tried and that was important". No contact since.

Do you like her? It doesn't sound like you do that much. If she hasn't moved on by now, I'd just forget about it.

Yesterday a girl at work asked for my number. I gave it to her, and she was texting me a lot. She texted me this morning, before, and after work. She seems to have a lot in common with me, and asked if I'd ever want to go on a date with her. I didn't commit fully, but said we "probably could at some point". I want to get to know her better at work before meeting outside of work (I know that's probably @ss backwards). That's how I've made friends at work to this point though. I don't think I should rush things with her just because she's interested.

Then there's the whole "I work with her" thing that makes me feel like this is a losing battle. She asked if I'd ever date someone I worked with, and I told her I'd need to think about it. I think I'd like to have her as a friend, if nothing else at the moment because I need friends, and she seems really cool.

I guess I just need some opinions on what I should do/thoughts on the situation. I don't remember having these questions when it came to my ex, so it's my first time dealing with this.

Just do it, don't worry about people talking. There's people in many work places I've been in dating and RL (not me though cause I suck at dating!). It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks just you and her.

yeah be weary, business and personal can get ugly real fast. I have been fired over it so I would just play it very very safe. If she goes crazy on you at work then you can get in trouble. She seems very aggressive as it is. Texting you a lot and it was just yest? If you like her I guess go for it.

• Author
Well you didn't really say whether or not you like her as well. You were wishy washy enough to give a maybe answer the first time. This happened to me recently - I had a thing for a guy I was working with and asked if he wanted to hang out sometime, he texted back "I am not interested in you romantically". That was my answer. I decided "I tried and that was important". No contact since.

Do you like her? It doesn't sound like you do that much. If she hasn't moved on by now, I'd just forget about it.

Surprisingly she hasn't moved on yet, but I have told her that I am coming out of a bad relationship, and am not interested in being together right now. She obviously was upset when I told her this. I'll know for next time to bring this up earlier if someone is showing interest in me, but I don't feel 100% ready.

She seems like she really wants it to turn into a relationship, but I'm just looking for friends right now. Someone I can talk to at work, and maybe outside of work. I also don't think a relationship with her is a good idea when I just met her. I don't have any romantic feelings for her. Ever since my breakup, I'm not really sure how I'd develop those feelings for someone again.

It doesn't sound like she's playing with you. She went straight to the point. She wants a date with you. If you're attracted to her go for it. Not knowing someone is a BS excuse...that's what the date is for. If you're not attracted to her be honest with yourself and leave her alone.

Edited by Jame22

You seem really really hung up on your ex still. This girl at work seems like the perfect opportunity for you to just get out of your own head and gain some confidence back. And let's be honest, you're supermarket job isn't like working at a Fortune 500 company so no need to treat it as if it's this big moral decision and worrying about the reprocussions.

Getting to know her at work is just going to elongate this whole thing and make it bigger than it needs to be. You're struggling with confidence issues and thinking you'll never be able to like or feel about a girl the way you felt about your ex. Why don't you just have a simple after work hang out with this girl and see what happens. There is no commitment by doing that. Just because you see/hang out with her outside of work doesn't mean that she's going to be your girlfriend after a week. Just chill with her. She likes you so it's always nice to see that other girls find you attractive and cool after you've been dumped and question yourself.

Grab coffee or ice cream after work one day or at a time when you're not busy. You're already texting her a lot based on your posts so that's just going to give her and everyone else at your job the impression that you both have crushes on each other. You don't need to "break up" with this girl and tell her you don't want her to text/talk to you anywhere but at work either. What's the worst that can happen by hanging out with her for an hour or 2 once. You might find out you actually like her and have a ton in common. If not then you can be mature about it and tell her that you think she's an awesome girl but since you just went through a bad break up , you're not looking to date or get involved with anyone at the moment. Can say that you can tell she deserves a BF who can fully commit to dating and you just can't do that right now.

It's one hang out/date. Don't over think it. Give it a shot.