Meeting up after 3 months apart!

• Author

So after the meet last week - I text to apologise for getting a little upset. I asked how she was and she said she was 'caught off guard'?

Caught off guard about what???

I since sent a photo of us together - and she come back in a really long message - it was a Nicely put definitive it's over.

At least I now know she is 100% happy this is what she wants so I do feel better now even though not having her feels rough.

What will be will be...

• Like 1
At least I now know she is 100% happy this is what she wants so I do feel better now even though not having her feels rough.

Seven years is a long time. You're not going to get over her just like that. At least you worked on yourself and tried to fix flaws. The same thing happened to me. When my Ex broke it off it was a big eye opener and I realized I had some work to do on myself.

I think we beat ourselves up and take all the blame when in reality it takes two to tango. I took all the blame at the beginning of my last BU. After having some time to reevaluate my entire relationship, I know now that she was bad news. Coming clean to friends and family also helped confirm what I felt.

At least you found some sort of "closure" as it were. Now you can proceed to heal.

• Author

Thanks - it's still not going to be easy however I just feel better now I know she is 100% happy this is what she wants.

Her happiness is paramount to me so if she is happy elsewhere so be it.

I'll move on - you never know 6-12 months down the line who knows how things work out - if I have found someone else at that point then it's too late but I'll never burn my bridges.

I hope the next guy doesn't make the same mistakes I did and loves her as much as I do.

Every now and then a good memory comes to the fore and I can't help but break down...

We had our great times...

Cest la vie