Woman with male energy

PogoStick

I'm trying to figure out how having a PhD and being smart is a "masculine" trait.....

It's a misogynistic opinion.

• Like 6
LMAO :laugh:

It's interesting to note calling one woman masculine leads to multiple women expressing their hurt feelings and disappointment, but calling men feminine brings peals of laughter.

Double standard?

Are we saying women don't mind labeling and criticism ... as long as it's not directed at women?

...You see, it's this grinding, constant challenging. That was only 1/2 the food discussion. Is she hyper, is she ball busting? Maybe she's just detail oriented, that's a kind spin.

Reads like she's obnoxious...or, at best, socially inept.

I did not realize those traits were "masculine". Good to know; explains a lot.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2
It's interesting to note calling one woman masculine leads to multiple women expressing their hurt feelings and disappointment, but calling men feminine brings peals of laughter.

Double standard?

Are we saying women don't mind labeling and criticism ... as long as it's not directed at women?

We are laughing because this whole thread is ridiculous.

Double standard?

It's ironic. smackie 'made a funny' by using a gender stereotype to illustrate the point about gender stereotypes being bogus (and in a way that many guys would likely get all worked up about). ;)

• Like 4

If you like it, go for it.

In my experience, women I know like this are very set in their ways. They are also freaks in the sack and often swingers.

Just sayin.

Double standard?

It was kind of a shoot back. Women does this she's masculine? Okay so man does this he's feminine?

But there's some truth to the type of double standard you're referring to.

• Author
I'm trying to figure out how having a PhD and being smart is a "masculine" trait.....

Way to be selective. A PhD...in MATH, which was already explained that only 30% are women. Facts can't be misogynistic.

Never did I mention being smart related to masculinity either.

Anything else you want to distort?

okc match percentage only indicates surface compatibility. While useful... Chemistry? only one way to see that, in person.

3. Complained about guys wanting to go exclusive after 1 date. Took that to mean she's reluctant to give up other fk buddy(s).

Maybe it means she likes to take things slow and not move in together after a month. Just sayin... Smart people don't move fast because they want to find out if you:

have a hidden drug problem

have an ex problem

have a bull****ting/lying problem

have an anger problem

have a cheating problem

[add the rest of the problems people have that aren't apparent right away]

5. Was kino-ing me during the date. Very open body language after 30 minutes in.

sounds like she likes you. make a decision.

Double standard?

I'm not sure where you see a double standard. It's incredibly sexist to downgrade another human being because we feel they are acting in a way that is against how we feel their gender should act. By all means, have your preferences but there is no need to use opposite gender as an insult.

Besides, if genders were reversed and a female member started a post saying they had a date with a man that had 'feminine energy' because he was 'nice' and 'didn't try to get her into bed right away' and 'not acting like an alpha', and a bunch of other female posters started saying how it's a turn off, I'm sure the outcome would be similar.

• Like 1
autumnnight
Way to be selective. A PhD...in MATH, which was already explained that only 30% are women. Facts can't be misogynistic.

Never did I mention being smart related to masculinity either.

Anything else you want to distort?

Sorry, I used the word smart instead of intelligent. Again, I am trying to figure out why being in a statistical minority makes one masculine. Statistically, more women play clarinet than men. But I wouldn't automatically say a man who played clarinet was feminine. Statistically, more men fix cars than women. But I wouldn't consider a woman who knows how to change her oil masculine.

I kind of agree with an earlier poster who said she doesn't seem masculine, just unpleasant. Unless we are saying that being unpleasant is an inherently masculine trait ;)

• Like 3
HereNorThere

Oh, so now there's something wrong with being "masculine?" Now being masculine is an insult?

See how that works?

Whether you like it or not, social gender role is a very real thing amongst humans. Luckily, most of us live in a time and place where we have the freedom to pursue our own interests despite these antiquated ideas of who we are "supposed" to be. However, attraction is not a logical concept that you have a choice over. The majority of hetrosexual males are going to attracted to women who accentuate their femininity and most females are going to be attracted to masculine men. It's in our DNA; it's our biology. You may not like it, but mother nature doesn't give a damn about your opinion regarding this.

Still, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) are still predominantly male professions although this seems to be changing.

"According to the Census Bureau's 2009 American Community Survey, women comprise 48 percent of the U.S. workforce but just 24 percent of workers in STEM fields. Half as many women are working in STEM jobs as would be expected if gender representation in STEM professions mirrored the overall workforce" Women in STEM fields - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That doesn't mean women who pursue this career path are masculine by any means. However, it does mean they are pursuing something outside their normal social gender role. Ask any guy who cuts hair in a salon if people don't naturally assume things about him because of his choice in careers. Trust me, I grew up with men that owned them, so I've seen the stigma first hand.

Everyone here acts like attraction, social gender roles, etc are all these logical concepts that everyone has a choice over and they aren't. Trust me, I never, ever chose to be attracted to girly girls. I'd give anything to not be actually.

Besides, this has nothing to with the woman in question being masculine. Truthfully, most men like classy women and she just wan't that classy, point blank period.

Edited by HereNorThere
autumnnight

There is nothing wrong with being masculine.

I am not denying that STEM fields, at present, are much more populated by men than by women. I just fail to see how that makes a woman masculine.

Then again, the word masculine probably means different things to different people. I was viewing the word masculine as "manly" or "non-feminine," and since I am sort of a..."girly" woman, then for me, being called masculine would not be something I would want.

So, seeing it through my own lens, perhaps one who is able to see from a point of view other than one's own can understand why I was confused as to how being math-oriented makes one manly or non-feminine.

Or, we could just keep jumping on my syntax, whatever works.

Besides, this has nothing to with the woman in question being masculine. Truthfully, most men like classy women and she just wan't that classy, point blank period.

Went on a 1st date last night, very interesting woman. She's a really high match for me on OKC, like 95% which is rare in this conservative locale. She's a woman with lots of masculine qualities.

Assuming Pogo can speak for himself and determine his own thread topics, it has everything to do with the woman in question being masculine.

Personally I'm not offended by Pogo - he can say or think whatever he wants and he's not really hurting anyone. But let's not recast what the premise of the thread was to fit our sermons. ;)

• Like 5
autumnnight
Assuming Pogo can speak for himself and determine his own thread topics, it has everything to do with the woman in question being masculine.

Personally I'm not offended by Pogo - he can say or think whatever he wants and he's not really hurting anyone. But let's not recast what the premise of the thread was to fit our sermons. ;)

Jen, if you had man parts I think I could fall in love with you...

• Like 1
Jen, if you had man parts I think I could fall in love with you...

I'm already in love with you despite your lack of man parts! :D

There's a reason being classy is referred to as "lady like." :)

I've known a lot of "classy" guys and have never once found them "lady like".

Jus' sayin'. :mad:

• Like 2
HereNorThere
I've known a lot of "classy" guys and have never once found them "lady like".

Jus' sayin'. :mad:

Yes, except we we're referencing the same woman throughout the entire post, so I didn't feel it was needed to point out I was referring to her again, but good job catching me on my technicality. I feel so "unmasculine" now. :)

The majority of hetrosexual males are going to attracted to women who accentuate their femininity and most females are going to be attracted to masculine men. It's in our DNA; it's our biology. You may not like it, but mother nature doesn't give a damn about your opinion regarding this.

That's not biology, that social construction. Attraction today can no longer be defined using DNA and biology as an argument - sorry.

To call on biology, you'd need to look at how cavemen were mating.

Men were looking for a mother to their children and women were looking for a provider. The most sought after women had large hips and breasts and would be considered obese by today's standards and the most sought after men were the best hunters (AKA richer)

This means, biologically, you men should go after fat women and women can choose their mate based on the size of his wallet - which I believe are the two main complaints of men on this board.

• Like 3
Yes, except we we're referencing the same woman throughout the entire post, so I didn't feel it was needed to point out I was referring to her again, but good job catching me on my technicality. I feel so "unmasculine" now. :)

No reason to feel "unmasculine".

Unless, of course, you're saying that only women can be wrong. ;)

• Like 1
HereNorThere
That's not biology, that social construction. Attraction today can no longer be defined using DNA and biology as an argument - sorry.

Men were looking for a mother to their children and women were looking for a provider. The most sought after women had large hips and breasts and would be considered obese by today's standards and the most sought after men were the best hunters (AKA richer)

This means, biologically, you men should go after fat women and women can choose their mate based on the size of his wallet - which I believe are the two main complaints of men on this board.

Whaaat? I never said a word a female size. Besides, lots and lots of men are attracted to women with bigger hips and certainly ample breast size. I mean, big butts and boobs are practically all men freakin talk about.

And yes, there are still social constructs about beauty that change over time according to our environment, but social constructs are part of evolution, even if not a on a genetically altering scale. Those social constructs are the adaptation that leads to evolution. The mere fact I am attracted to to people with vaginas at all is my DNA. I did not ask to be, I was never given a choice and if I was, I would change it.

Add indigenous peoples to that. I came in too late to modify.

(looking at you mrldii)

Whaaat? I never said a word a female size.

Hey, I just took your biology argument and attacked it because it was kind of faulty. Biologically, we are wired to search for the best partner as I described. The fact men are attracted to a woman because she is 'feminine' and that women are attracted to men because he is 'masculine' is not biology, it's social construction. What is considered 'feminine' and 'masculine' is different from one time to another and influenced by society so it has nothing to do with biology.

And yes, men today are attracted to large butts and breast as long as they are on a lean body. Hardly the fertility goddesses I was referring to.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=fertility+goddess&rlz=1C5AVSZ_enCA600CA607&espv=2&biw=1232&bih=682&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CDsQsARqFQoTCPTXxYLdjccCFQMUkgodtNwOAg

• Like 1