How often...

RoseVille

I'm just reminded how good I feel single. I'll probably die alone and I'm really not all that upset about it!

No...you just have to find the RIGHT guy for you. Not impossible. Keep searching. Good luck.

• Like 1

My girlfriend's washing machine is broken so I've been spending more time than usual with her this week, trying to help resolve that. We'll probably end up spending a significant portion of 5 days together this week and we're not ready to break up or kill each other yet. :p I actually really enjoyed seeing her face while waking up an extra morning this week.

As other people have said, if it's the right person then it will feel right.

• Like 3

But I do have my old department issued 'cuffs! ;)

Are you a cop?

I have a MILF fetish. Lol

Why?

Now you're going to make me have to start a thread on this (fetish).

but anyways, if you really wanted to to make it work, you should've went over there, slapped the sh*t outta him and forced him to do something fun.

Are you serious? You think someone should force him? And you think he would just do it happily and not fight?

...Haha! I'm too old for you, boy! ;)

Disagree. Regardless of the chronology involved, if that's the way he chooses to live,

he's waaaaaay too old for you!

The only thing that bothers me about all of this is the fact that right now there is a guy sitting at his computer telling himself, "Yeah...I knew it...she wants me...and broke up with him just to be available for me..."

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm not buying it. Two things 1) your fresh from that other situation 2) you weren't all that interested in this guy (re: reason one)

You don't have to buy it. It's true. The guy has absolutely no life, no passions, no hobbies, no recreational activities (his morning walk to Starbucks on Saturdays doesn't count). He repeatedly over this month said he lives a boring life, but insists he himself isn't boring. But he is. A person who has nothing going on other than work is boring. He doesn't even watch the news. Can't even talk about the theater shooting, the police excessive force cases (which obviously matter to me).

I want someone I can share my life with, but he needs to have his own life to share with me, too.

I don't. I ended it tonight. I needed this thread.

Yeah, I did, too. Tonight I pressed to learn more about him and his interests. He's just devoid of inspiration, passion, curiosity, anything. He works, eats, sleeps, cleans house, repeat. And he's fine by that. He's looking for someone to do things with, but doesn't want to do the things offered. He said he doesn't want to be alone.

Haha! I'm too old for you, boy! ;)

I'm just reminded how good I feel single. I'll probably die alone and I'm really not all that upset about it!

Was this the guy who licked your butt Rose? Gotta give him props for handling his business that way at least. :p

• Author
Was this the guy who licked your butt Rose? Gotta give him props for handling his business that way at least. :p

No. This is a guy who wanted to wait a long time before we hopped in bed. He said he waited 6 months with the last girlfriend.

Maybe his divorce made him boring.

• Like 2
No. This is a guy who wanted to wait a long time before we hopped in bed. He said he waited 6 months with the last girlfriend.

:confused:

Wants to wait 6 months before "hop(ping) into bed", but is willing to make New Year's Eve plans in July.

Hmmm...saying one thing but doing another. That's simply 'crazy-making'.

I don't like crazy-makers. Grrrrr... :mad:

• Author

I snowboard in the winter, he's never done any snow sports and never wanted to. But he said he'd learn how to snowboard so we could go together.

I like hip-hop rap music, he doesn't. But he puts it on in the car and said he'd learn to love it.

Can't explain why, but I don't like this stuff.

PrettyEmily77
I snowboard in the winter, he's never done any snow sports and never wanted to. But he said he'd learn how to snowboard so we could go together.

I like hip-hop rap music, he doesn't. But he puts it on in the car and said he'd learn to love it.

Can't explain why, but I don't like this stuff.

He's blowing hot and cold coz he's not ready for a R, even tho he thinks he is / wants to be. 6 months is far too long if nothing else is in line, IMO; doesn't sound like he's in the right head space.

Nothing wrong with him or you, aside from not being compatible. Happens...

At least the good thing about it is you can trust your instincts 100% :).

• Like 1

Oh wow. Yeah ok no. :eek:

• Like 1

RED FLAG that he wants to wait. If anyone, it should be woman putting on the breaks not the man.

• Like 1

I'm good with 3 times a week. I don't need more than that. I like to have scrubby days where I just sit around in nasty pajamas with unwashed hair and eat Chinese food and watch movies/TV shows that he would never watch.

Maybe after over a year together when we're super comfortable with each other I could go all 7 nights if we lived together or something... but I've lived with a guy and I got so sick of him so quickly. I hated that I couldn't go to the mall after work for an hour without him blowing up my phone, or having to have a "what are we going to have for dinner" mutual discussion... I like to eat what I want without discussing it with someone.

I don't know, maybe I'm not the marrying type. LOL

Edited by nadine5
  • Like 1

Why?

Now you're going to make me have to start a thread on this (fetish).

Are you serious? You think someone should force him? And you think he would just do it happily and not fight?

Disagree. Regardless of the chronology involved, if that's the way he chooses to live,

he's waaaaaay too old for you!

The only thing that bothers me about all of this is the fact that right now there is a guy sitting at his computer telling himself, "Yeah...I knew it...she wants me...and broke up with him just to be available for me..."

:rolleyes:

You guys take this forum way too seriously.

I_Give_Up67 :cool: kind of depressing huh?

You had that pic that look like you were on a boat taking off, like bye. Lol

• Like 2
LoveMachine67
You had that pic that look like you were on a boat taking off, like bye. Lol

You're the first person that caught that, and actually mentioned it.... :D

• Like 1

Ya think?!? Hell, I've only been posting for about a half a month now and I've already had to replace 2 monitors, 4 keyboards and a mouse which have stopped working after spraying coffee/soda all over 'em

from the "serious"ness I've been having with some of these folks.

I do not believe I can afford many more of these "serious" posts. :p

• Like 3

I was going to make thread about it for informational reasons but since you didn't really mean it, forget it then.

• Like 1
Your experience reminds me of a guy I went out with 3 times who was recently divorced with 2 children. By the 3rd date, he was talking about introducing me to his family, inviting me up to his cabin for Christmas (our 3rd and final date took place in June), meeting his 2 children and moving in together. I ran for the hills after that 3rd date. I used text to break up with him (I know, the coward's way out) because he would blow up my phone with texts or want to talk for hours. He was angry at first, but I blocked his phone # and luckily never heard from him again.

I hope this guy isn't a stage 5 clinger, although his future forecasting makes me think he might be. Guys who future forecast are really insecure and can be emotionally codependent. Use your intuition with this guy. Don't let him manipulate you.

Adding my story of a "fast-forwarder" to the pot lol, several months ago I went on 3 dates with a guy. On our first date he kept talking about how funny it would be if this was the story of how he met his wife...I thought it was a little strange but somewhat cute that he would even think of that. He told me he wanted to see me every single day, I again thought he was joking until I said I couldn't see him the next day because I had lots of work to do and he seemed legitimately upset. I ignored it. Second date, he starts talking about if I were his gf this and that and if I were his wife this and that and how he had so many plans already for us...I was like wtf....but I went on a third date with him, this one took the cake!

Went on the third date, went to a restaurant on his side of town, it got late and I decided to stay the night instead of catching a cab. I go to his home and I'm complimenting him on his good taste, his house was really nicely decorated in a manly way, he had lots of nice art work and his kitchen is like my dream kitchen :laugh:.....but anyway, he responds that I could move in and live there if I wanted to. I of course laugh it off thinking he's joking, until I see he has an attitude after I change the subject, then he starts saying how he's never asked any woman to move in before, but he really likes me and thinks this can work longterm and why can't I move in and why should I follow convention, and how he knows it isn't standard but so what, he had a good feeling.:eek: I was shocked! I still couldn't quite believe this dude was in fact seriously arguing with me about moving in with him on our THIRD DATE! I kept asking is he was serious and then he got even more upset and sulky and then kept asking me to think about it and started saying I could have all the space I want there, all the perks, this and that, the only thing was that I couldn't invite people over all the time, :confused: I tried to diffuse it with a joke, and said yea, I'm not moving in with you or anyone until you put a ring on it, then he proceeds to say, if I'm serious we can go to the courthouse tomorrow after we wake up (WTF?), I'm like you're kidding right, and then he gets upset that I keep asking him if he's serious and I had enough....I felt very uncomfortable and then changed my mind and decided to just take the cab home...which upset him even more but he said it was fine.

Next day I get a barrage of text messages from him saying I was such a difficult woman, I didn't know what a good man was, how I should have been flattered he wanted me to move in, and how I'd be lonely and he would enjoy watching me self destruct....:eek::eek::eek::eek:, this was all in succession before I even responded! LOONY! I simply replied "I think it's best we go our separate ways" then blocked him! All that to say, be wary of men who want too much too soon, most of them won't be lunatics like this guy, but chances are though, anyone who is so keen on enmeshing with you so quickly is either enamored with the IDEA of a relationship and hardly care who it is with or something else is amiss why they feel it's fine not to have a life and expect someone they're just getting to know to immediately sign up and get on board for forever or higher than warranted levels of commitment.

Edited by MissBee
  • Like 3
Ya think?!? Hell, I've only been posting for about a half a month now and I've already had to replace 2 monitors, 4 keyboards and a mouse which have stopped working after spraying coffee/soda all over 'em

from the "serious"ness I've been having with some of these folks.

I do not believe I can afford many more of these "serious" posts. :p

Alright my bad, I misread you. :cool:

I was going to make thread about it for informational reasons but since you didn't really mean it, forget it then.

I was talking bout the slapping him part.

• Author
Next day I get a barrage of text messages from him saying I was such a difficult woman, I didn't know what a good man was, how I should have been flattered he wanted me to move in, and how I'd be lonely and he would enjoy watching me self destruct....:eek::eek::eek::eek:, this was all in succession before I even responded! LOONY! I simply replied "I think it's best we go our separate ways" then blocked him! All that to say, be wary of men who want too much too soon, most of them won't be lunatics like this guy, but chances are though, anyone who is so keen on enmeshing with you so quickly is either enamored with the IDEA of a relationship and hardly care who it is with or something else is amiss why they feel it's fine not to have a life and expect someone they're just getting to know to immediately sign up and get on board for forever or higher than warranted levels of commitment.

I've experienced similar a few times, and I couldn't agree with you more.

One guy asked me to send him pictures of my dream engagement ring - after the first date. He lived about an hour away, and had started looking to transfer within his company so we could be together. He was SERIOUS. ONE DATE.

• Like 1

We're these guys normal looking? Did they act normal while approaching or on the date?

These sound like the socially awkward type.

• Like 1