Feels good!

ConfusedInOC

• Author
ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by alphamale

ahh yes, NC. My dear NC. When executed correctly (which most of the time it is not) it is a proverbial work of art.

It's....it's a Rembrandt. It is Beethoven. It is pure and utter beauty.

Alpha, the philosopher. Whodathunkit?!

Confused - I got a good laugh from your comment... "Love makes us doing strange things. I know when I look back at the things I forgave her for and how I treated her like a Princess, I had to ask myself "Son, where are you cohonies?!" My friends would answer "In her purse..."

I think you were just being human - you loved her. Doesn't make you less of a man.

good job dude.

I bet you feel a hell of a lot better now than you did a few weeks ago when you were still thinking about getting her a birthday present.

Had you gotten her a present and spent time with her on her B-day it would have been torture wouldn't it?

You've made some huge steps. Going out with friends and having a good time without thinking about her is HUGE.

I do have to agree with KMT though, you'll know your completely over her when you realize on day that you haven't been thinking about her in the morning, and when you get an email and just delete it without any emotion.

I remember back after my Ex left, if my mom or a friend talked about her, it hurt a little, later hearing people talk about her made me mad, now, I just go "meh"...

Now, go get some hot personal trainer digits, so I can live vicariously through you! :bunny:

• Author
ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by BigB

good job dude.

I bet you feel a hell of a lot better now than you did a few weeks ago when you were still thinking about getting her a birthday present.

Had you gotten her a present and spent time with her on her B-day it would have been torture wouldn't it?

You've made some huge steps. Going out with friends and having a good time without thinking about her is HUGE.

I do have to agree with KMT though, you'll know your completely over her when you realize on day that you haven't been thinking about her in the morning, and when you get an email and just delete it without any emotion.

I remember back after my Ex left, if my mom or a friend talked about her, it hurt a little, later hearing people talk about her made me mad, now, I just go "meh"...

Now, go get some hot personal trainer digits, so I can live vicariously through you! :bunny:

Thanks man!

She was there today but being inundated with a couple of goof offs. She had just gotten back to her desk by the time I was leaving. Normally a good time to hit her up. But I am playing it cool, I just swung by and told her to have a good weekend and split.

She likes me though. I caught her checking me out several times during my workout. I wear headphones so...heh, maybe I should stop?!

As for the Ex, NO CONTACT on her birthday. It won't hit her until tomorrow. In her email yesterday she blabbed about how busy she is with school.

Good.

I'm too busy to remember her birthday....

alphamale
Originally posted by jp13370

I think you were just being human - you loved her. Doesn't make you less of a man.

still tho, JP13370, he could have still loved her and had his cajones in his own pants and not in her purse :laugh: as a matter of fact she may respect him and love him MORE had he had his cajones in the proper place.

think 'bout that!

• Author
ConfusedInOC

still tho, JP13370, he could have still loved her and had his cajones in his own pants and not in her purse :laugh: as a matter of fact she may respect him and love him MORE had he had his cajones in the proper place.

think 'bout that!

Well her birthday is over in 2-1/2 hours and she hasn't emailed me asking what's going on. But then again, I didn't expect her to.

alphamale
Originally posted by ConfusedInOC

Well her birthday is over in 2-1/2 hours

yeah well it was over 30 minutes ago in Detroit

• Author
ConfusedInOC

yeah well it was over 30 minutes ago in Detroit

Hah. I broke NC today but actually no damage done. She sent me an email the day before her birthday (kinda like "ummm, remember my b'day is tomorrow) as if I would forget it (and I did, on purpose). So today I replied to her PM (as a reminder, it was a day after her b'day and I never said happy b'day or sent her a gift) but didn't know she was there (she's invisible all the time.)

Basically she was asking me a bunch of questions. My answers were short and I never replied to her last question. I kinda like leaving her hanging in cyberspace.

And I never did say happy birthday.

• Author
ConfusedInOC

Man, that whole conversation just cemented in my brain how demented she is.

What was I thinking dating her?!

Originally posted by ConfusedInOC

What was I thinking dating her?!

W000000t, "what was I thinking" is the next stage dude - IMO

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

I'd bet you won't be missing her in the morning any more.

any progress w/ that personal trainer chick?

• Author
ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by BigB

W000000t, "what was I thinking" is the next stage dude - IMO

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

I'd bet you won't be missing her in the morning any more.

any progress w/ that personal trainer chick?

Nah. She might be there tomorrow though. If she is there an not being bothered, I'll ask her out for coffee or something.

My ex called me this morning!! FINALLY he swallowed his pride and caved in -said he was sorry and told me that I have been the best thing he's ever had - I'm a great person, he loves me and I'm beautiful..... He admitted he has some issues and can't control his temper (I threw in "and you can't control your penis and your cheating ways".

I let him grovel and apologize profusely then I said "Yes I'm a great person and yes you have issues". He offered to take me out to dinner today but I said I already have plans (which I do - I'm going to a BBQ) and I thanked him for being man enough to call and apologize but that I've had enough of his games and abuse and I want to go on with my life.

He begged and pleaded - apologized for everything he did the past 2 years - he put on a good pathetic show that I thoroughly enjoyed but I held my ground. All the times he's hurt me and all the times I've cried myself to sleep - all the times he made me feel horrible - all the times he oogled other women in my presence and told me I'm not getting any younger...............ugh.

I told him that I felt my intelligence and independence threatened him to the point he needed to cut me down all the time to make him feel more powerful. I told him that maybe with the next woman he dates he won't try to make her jealous, cheat on her and disrespect her and she'll stick around and he'll end up having a longer lasting relationship - maybe he'll actually learn something from me and that is SOME PEOPLE WON'T PUT UP WITH HIS SH*T!!!!

I've gotten solid closure now and can close this door knowing he realizes he lost a good thing. I can now look forward to finding someone who will love me for who I am and be my best friend. I am 42 and I refuse to settle just to be married with a big diamond ring on my finger - I'd rather hold out and find my best friend. I'm not desperate!

Like Confused said "It feels good".

I was vulnerable, opened my heart - gave him my all, bent over backwards to please him and he bulldozed over my heart. I'm not giving up and will do it all over again until I get it right!

• Author
ConfusedInOC

Coolness. My ex will figure out eventually what she lost and even if she doesn't, it will matter little to me. The thorn in my side is gone.