Is there something wrong with a woman if she doesn't have alot of friends?

Not that big a deal, so long as she treats me like she would a good friend.

If she has disproportionately more male friends than female ones though and says few girls like her or that all girls are catty, that's a big red flag.

I'd say nothing wrong is a woman always has a few close friends but not a lot of friends. But if a woman is running through a lot of friends and can't keep them, then yes, something is wrong.

This is also a good point.

A woman (or man for that matter) who changes friends like underwear is suspect to me.

I'm a loner. I have a few friends and it feels like an effort sometimes. Nothing wrong with it. I've always been a bit shy but I get it now, i just have to force friendships and yes initiate things all the time. If they dont like me, tough ****e.

Also I think the fact i have few friends bothered my ex.

Edited by smiley1
  • Like 1

Its not the quantity of friends that matters, its the quality ;) better to have a few really good ones than lots you barely hear from or do much with.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think there is something wrong about it. Though I am saying that because myself doesn't have lots of "close" friends! :p

I live in a country different from where I was born and raised, so I sometimes feel a bit of cultural difference about being close friends with someone but I got few here that I can casually call, chat and have meal together. Even back home I only got few close friends that I always hang around with when I go back home.

I do have this mind of "why I don't have many friends as others do?!" sometimes but I don't want to force myself to be with someone, I go out myself for nice lunch, movie, all sort of things.

People are overrated.

Said as the uber social misanthrope that I am. Everyone thinks I am the most social creature ever, but deep down I'm realizing I don't need a lot of people around, I actually prefer to have few close friends (2-3 max) and lots of acquaintances I don't have to care for - drains my energy to have to people please and care about people. I am kind of too busy doing better things - even if it's reading a good article.

People are overrated.

Haha, true. Puppies are so much better. Always thought it kind of discriminatory that my landlord would have no objections to me having a human but a dog is against the rules.

• Like 2
LookAtThisPOst

I typically try not to date women who have too many friends as I'm more of a "quality over quantity" kind of guy. I can probably count on ONE hand how many good friends I have.

Usually women that garner a plethora of friends seem to desire being the center of attention and focuses moreso on quantity and not quality. They seem easily distracted.

• Like 1
Who cares about the # of friends. Quality >> Quantity.

The only thing that would bother me is if she had zero friends, zero acquaintances and just seemed antisocial in general and unwilling to interact with people (including her own family). I've never met a person who was THAT isolated and walled off from society. Even the very shy women were at least a little social and expressive from time to time and had a friend/acquaintance or two.

If you were unlucky enough to be born into an extremely dysfunctional family like your father is a paedophile and your mother is a chronic drug user or one of your parents is a narcissist, sometimes it's better to keep away from family, especially if the entire family are in denial about the dysfunction-which is more common than you would expect.

Regarding friendship, for me, a friend is someone you can share your deepest feelings with. I haven't found this friend yet. Most people most of the time interact with each other on superficial levels and rarely deeply connect on an emotional level period.

• Like 1