Will She Believe Me?

• Author

I said myself that I thought things would turn out for the worse. In the beginning the question I asked was if you guys thought she would believe me. She did. It's just that other factors made it to where everyone turned against me.

This was actually no big deal at all. I honestly feel better for it and for what I learned. I will never apologize for being young nor will I expect my children to.

As far as involving you guys goes, I think there is a difference, TaraMaiden, in asking someone for advice and deferring to them for the majority of your life decisions. I made it very clear to everyone what I was going to do prior to even posting the question.

bubbaganoosh
Im a guy. I used to be great friends with a girl named Lisa. Lisa and I both served in the same church. Things were great until one day I found out that the pastor had been telling some lies to me and other friends for years, which had turned us all against each other.

Gotta tell you friend that if you have a pastor of a church telling lies and causing trouble, then he isn't much of a pastor and that isn't much of a church. Sorry but you might be better off finding another church and don't worry, your not going to grow horns and a forked tail even if Lisa's dad said so.

• Like 1

If someone took such a video of me I would want to know about it, no matter who told me. the congregation seem to worship the pastors and can see no wrong in anything they do. Comes over as brainwashing to me.

I mean no offense with this, but a lot of these churches are not what they make out to be. I mean a church with a pastor telling lies like this is ridiculous? I've seen way too much stuff about the immoral things done by people who make out they would never do any wrong.

Find another place to worship and remove yourself from he lives of all these people. It's not worth it.

Mrs. T

• Like 1

Look, you do still have feelings for her, mixed as they may be, and it's over and now her whole family thinks you went too far to maintain involvement with her and so do I. I'm who said telling the pastor was the better way to handle it. You wanted to see if you could be her hero and it failed. Any contact you have with her now will just seem threatening to her and her family. You really need to just accept it's over.

• Author
Look, you do still have feelings for her, mixed as they may be ... I'm who said telling the pastor was the better way to handle it. You wanted to see if you could be her hero and it failed.

I promise that isn't true. I like her as much as I like any person now. Can't remember if I said this earlier but I haven't even attempted to contact her in the last 7 months.

I would have done the same thing for any girl except sooner if it weren't for the complicated relationship she and I have.

The problem with telling the pastor first is that it defeats the entire point I was trying to make. I've personally seen and experienced manipulation from a pastor -- all the while I was thinking that they were a person who would never sink so low. I was blind to the obvious because I thought that people in church leadership were too holy.

You see, everyone, it was my blind trust in the clergy that caused me to wasted a large portion of my time, emotions, trust, energy (and of course, money). To tell the pastor first would be to strengthen Lisa's blind trust in the clergy. That is not what I want for anyone. I know how devastating it is when you find out the truth, but I haven't met a single person online or off, who says they wish they hadn't found out.

The truth needs no filter. Lisa is a grown woman.

• Author
If someone took such a video of me I would want to know about it, no matter who told me. the congregation seem to worship the pastors and can see no wrong in anything they do. Comes over as brainwashing to me.

I mean no offense with this, but a lot of these churches are not what they make out to be. I mean a church with a pastor telling lies like this is ridiculous? I've seen way too much stuff about the immoral things done by people who make out they would never do any wrong.

Find another place to worship and remove yourself from he lives of all these people. It's not worth it.

Mrs. T

I agree, Mrs. T. And that was what I was trying to show Lisa. It actually saddens me that she is very likely being lied to the same way I was. It certainly is not worth it.

I'm going to go with other posters who've said you should find another church. This one sounds like a mess. It should be a spiritual haven, not a source of ridicule and deceit. Maybe a change in venue would be just what you need.