Need to calm down and stop panicking

You've been dating for 2 years and best friends for 4 but haven't ever met her family? That seems a bit strange. How old are you two? I really think this girl is manipulating you and making you think you need to prove yourself to her at every turn. What has she done to assure you that she wants you in her future? Breaking up with you over trivial events? Toying with you when you're broken up? I know it's tough because you love her but look at it if someone else was explaining their relationship to you and see if it sounds as ridiculous to you as it does to me.

• Author

Haha, yeah I know. I met her parents but she wants me to meet every member of her family, including grandparents. We are both very young. Turning 20s.

Im sick of the toying. I agree what shes doing is ridiculous. But knowing my personality, im always seen as the nice, gentle type. SO when she calls, its natural for this insane amount of guilt hitting me. After the breakup we talk about kids and future, but that puts a false sense of hope in me. So I dont buy any of it anymore

Simon Phoenix

While you seem to be finally acknowledging reality a little bit, your mindset is still wrong. You are still looking to trick your ex into feeling something for you. That's not going to happen. There's no move that you can make that will suddenly make her want you again, especially since you've been so weak and spineless since the break.

The only think you can do is completely cut her out. No contacting her, no answering her contact, no checking up on her through social media and friends, nothing. Complete and utter No Contact. Then you need to figure out how to get your self-respect back and stand on your own two feet.

Honestly, this girl has no respect for you and you need to stop putting up with this. But you're never going to get to that point when you keep acting like a lovesick puppy all the time.

It's time for you to pull the cord completely. Block her number. Get your balls back.

Edited by Simon Phoenix

Take your "ball(s)" back and go home! Come on,man! Get out of this girl's grasp and get back to being a man..:cool:

You need to walk away dude, forget about this loony tune.

Lemme tell ya, as soon as you meet someone who knocks your socks off and you will, you won't care about crazy woman anymore - in fact you'll be dancing around that you dodged a bullet!

• Author

Hey guys, I just feel like crap today and I need some insight and advice for those whose gotten over a break up.

Today was a good day since I passed my driving test and I was really happy and I really wanted to tell her (ex), since she would be happy for me but I stopped myself.

Its just really painful because I miss her so much. I wanted to check up on her, but noticed that recently she deleted all photos of us on Instagram because we both follow each other and all of a sudden I just feel total crap again.

What hurts the most was last week she wanted to work things out with me, so we went out last Monday, for a nice lunch and had some 'us' time in my room (no intimacy). I thought it was time for us to rekindle and re-bond. Since then I havent heard from her. Now, she just deleted photos of us, or anything to do with us.

I panicked a little, i thought what we had was amazing and I really had hope that we would be together

EDIT: I'm on my second week of NC. Two days ago, I legitimately accidentally sent her a snap chat and i decided to block her because I did NOT want her to see me as weak. Now she yesterday, she deleted everything to do with me.

Would LOVE to reconcile, but its impossible and bad to hold on hope.

How long would this pain go for? I just want to be happy, with or without her. Its hurting me emotionally how all my friends are happy and I;m just alone. I feel like a wimp, I cry a little in my sleep. I feel so weak.

I just want to be happy in the end but I honestly feel like its impossible. Sorry to be negative, but it hurts. A lot.

Edited by tsa902
Thistooshallpass21

It gets better my friend. I'm one month into NC, granted I still hurt but it does slowly subside. In all reality we all want a reconciliation, but that will never be a possibility until we fully move on. Think about it, all the pain we've gone through think about how it would feel trying to be with that person again. The trust will never be there, we'd be walking on eggshells. Trust me try to move on first and if it's meant to be it will. It has been hard for me to accept that but it is the only thing that can be done. Just remember you are not alone almost every single person on this site is feeling that same crappy feeling that you feel.