Epidemic of WAW

ManyDissapoint

Who actually files for the divorce is rarely indicative of who was 'most at fault' in the demise of the relationship...if such a thing is even measurable.

If it's not measurable, then how do you know it's rarely indicative as the cause? This sentence doesn't make sense to me.

If it's not measurable, then how do you know it's rarely indicative as the cause? This sentence doesn't make sense to me.

As even your snippeted-quote indicated, I didn't state for a fact such a thing is immeasurable...I merely questioned whether it could be measured. I'm a product of California where we have "no-fault divorce"; to boot, I subscribe to the theory that "It takes two to tango...and to tangle", so when a relationship goes south, I believe BOTH parties have played a part in it.

Explanations as to that sentence's meaning were contained within the entirety of my post, as well as in several others' posts within this thread.

Beyond that, it's A-OK by me if someone/s doesn't/don't understand my thoughts when put in writing; I don't require being understood by everyone...only those I hold closest, in real life.

:cool:

• Like 1

I would say (and I'm pretty sure there are stats that back it up) but there are still more WH than there are WW. Probably close to 60/40.

However my experience has been that WW's have exit affairs and usually leave or are planning to leave the BH once they are set up in their other relationship.

More WH usually are having affairs but don't ever think about leaving their BW because they are getting the best of both worlds. Two women to take care of their basic needs.

I think that WHs don't usually want to divorce. BHs often do. I also think that WWs tend to know what they are risking when they get into an A (even if they are going through a midlife crisis, they know in the back of their mind what is at stake). Often it seems that BWs are willing to give reconciliation a shot with their WH.

The fact that 66%-80% of divorces are filed by women is staggering. I saw one study put it up near 90%. Something is wrong with gender politics in our culture. Even as a woman, I feel for men ... men tend to have it much worse in divorce.

I think this is why the whole MGTOW movement is silently growing.