How to get over something that never was....

fiestyfirecracker

• Author
fiestyfirecracker
Hey Fiesty, I hope you're doing better now than when you started this thread. Are you?

GET.OFF.FACEBOOK!

I can't stress that enough. If you must, block him or block him from your feeds. There are options for that. FB is the worst when you're trying to get over someone because by human nature we're too curious to click, click, click. I actually deactivated all of FB and have been fine. However, you don't have to go that extreme. You can just block him.

I've bene in your shoes and the best way to get over someone, like I recently did... is a combination of things:

1. Admit reality, mourn for a period

This is important. Acknowledging your pain, misery has a key window. Do it. And then move on. Don't cry everyday because that's not moving on. Get it out of your system and go.

2. Self improvement

I took a cooking class and joined a boot camp fitness class. It helped me get over my crush who rejected me.

3. Meet new people/hang out with loved ones

BBQs, game nights, movies, all that good stuff. Have fun with other people and don't stay too isolated for too long.

4. TIME

We move on over time... simple as that. Some cuts are deeper obviously, but time heals all wounds for the most part. No one died here, he didn't cheat on you (because like you said you guys were never a couple) etc. So I'm confident as sad as you may be now that in due time you'll wake up one day and go "Huh... I feel free of the burden... I guess I don't miss him as much anymore..." and from there it'll snowball into a distant memory from your younger years :)

I truly believe those 4 components/steps are crucial to moving on. And I think #4 is based (how long it takes to heal) on #1, 2 and 3. And how effectively you can manage #1.

I think coming here to post about him was a great step for you. Now just keep it in moderation. Don't make new posts about him all the time because that will just keep you in dwelling/what if/wish mode.

I wish you the best. You seem like a good person just looking for love and a connection. I believe the right guy is out there somewhere else for you. Give it time. In the meantime, enjoy life.

All amazing points. You've totally made my afternoon thank you so much for your insight it means so much!

• Like 1
All amazing points. You've totally made my afternoon thank you so much for your insight it means so much!

You're welcome! I know sometimes it's easier said than done.

But I find with each crush that doesn't pan out, no matter HOW MUCH you think you liked them and that "oh this one was REALLY the one, even more than the other crushes that came before him/her"... my points are valid and true for each scenario regardless.

In no time flat they'll become just another distant crush from a younger you.