Why would you leave carb seriously

this is not a permanent fix you can't live on carb free diet forever

it's unrealistic specially for people like us who love food!

You can lower your intake and that's ok

but to limit, this is like a dream that only few few people can manage it and I think it takes the happiness out of our life..

What's the point of being slim without delicious food

You still can eat carb and be healthy ...

Anyway ..

my tips

First , become member of my fitness pal and add friends there Amazing application amazing!

secondly consider buying fitbit charge hr or surge this will motivate you to move more and be more active .

and

also consider buying these so you can wear them and walk don't buy the 10 pounds buy something like 2 pounds on each ankle or each wrist..

and there is even the 2 pound option .. that will maximize your loss and build your muscle I read you can't do weight lifting, so I guess this is a substitute if you used the 1 or 2 pounds

Gold's Gym 10-Pound Pair Adjustable Ankle Weights - Walmart.com

best of luck

I am trying to lose 10 to 15 pounds as well. I bought fit bit yesterday

and by the way giving up soda was really easy of me..its not healthy it will destroy my body and makes me age fast..

I just decided and I replaced it with natural lemon juice or orange juice for a year or so, you really won't miss it if you brought other healthy juices

now I drink yogurt drink, you can make it at home very delicious

2 tablespoon yogurt+water+ice+ a little bit of salt

and sometimes just water!

TaraMaiden2

I have a 750ml bottle of spring water laced with 1tbsp ACV in every room.

Rather than carry one around with me, having one in each room at hand's reach means I am always drinking.

It's thirst-quenching and good for me.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
DatingDirection

Why not try the McDougal starch solution? Starches aren't bad for you, when you deprive yourself of starches, you get mood swings. But over all sounds good, although a bit of salt is ok, but sea salt.

---

Now, about the changes.

2 weeks ago i started cooking.

It's rather simple with some basic rules :

- avoid starch

- if i can't avoid starch, go for whole-grain [usually with pasta]

- avoid fats

- the ingredients have to be as close as possible to basic; that means no processed meats, or vegetables [from a can]

- less salt overall

- food should not be overtly spicy but not bland either

- try to eat warm [i eat cooked food ... cold]

I mostly did peas stew with chicken.

Some olive oil, add chopped garlic and onions, add meat, add pepper and a small part of salt [avoid stuff with MSG like crazy], add chopped bell peppers, add chopped tomatoes, and 2 bags of 1 pound of peas/peas+carrots/green beans ... let it there for 1h or so, until the sauce thickens and the starch leaves the peas.

In the past i used to use not having an ingredient as justification over why i could not cook something ... this time i just wanted some warm and cooked and good.

So far the cooking has been the only change [still guzzle down Cola], but i dropped about 5-6kg [13 pounds].

I guess it's mostly avoided water retention but also some measure of weight loss.

Halfway through this 2 week period i ate some processed meats [mici ... caseless sausages], and i ballooned up for that day.

---

Next element i want to add to the change is to switch to some more healthy meals, cream soup for one [pure vegetable and very easy to prepare]. I'm thinking green pumpkins, cauliflower, onions, leek, carrots, white beet, red long peppers. All of this put in a pressure cooker, and when done ... mushed into soup.

Also, i tried to use tricks to suppress appetite ... but they don't work as well for me as eating healthy as a goal does; i can do it for a while but i always end up yo-yo-ing the whole thing.

The big thing would be if i managed to drop the Cola and switch to tea [i did it for a while and it was great].

One thing i'm doing differently is not taking failure as hard; in the past the smallest failure in the diet or the change would prove that i ****ed up, depressed me and i would stop.

Now, even if i have a small relapse, i try in broad strokes to stick to it.

So far this has worked great, in the past though i knew how to cook i never had the drive to stick to it this far and i would have taken last week's failure very hard.