I owe you short guys an apology!

It's really surprising that a girl who's willing to date a guy under 5'10" is a mythical creature. Lol

No it is not...lol

Look, once upon a time...***children gather around Gloria25 for a story now***

I was seeing this guy in the Army. He was shorter than me. I mean, I take off my shoes at the door of every home I've owned and one day, I glanced at his/mine combat boots and it was sooooo funny how his were smaller than mine (I do have big feet too)

Anywho, he was handsome...blue eyes, blonde and per comedian Margaret Cho - a "kickstand". Yes, he had a perfect penis too!!! I was so crazy about him...but he was an arrogant little sh***t. An Army ranger with an attitude.

The sex was great, but like most hotties, he barely did much and I was doing backflips to please him...He said that's why he kept on coming back for more....cuz ot the great sex.

One time, lol, I told him to forget going home and cleaning up after being in the field and to come straight to my place and I had fun "cleaning him up" in the shower :eek:

So yes, I've dated shorter guys and have no issue with them - unless they have issues with their height...

• Like 1
Some of those women will meet a shorter guy IRL and fall head over heels in love.

Well, the Army Ranger guy I was referring to was a dog too...He had many of women :eek:

Well, the Army Ranger guy I was referring to was a dog too...He had many of women :eek:

I have no doubt. Tall isn't necessary for sexy.

• Like 3
Ha ha Jay, the 5'10 OLD rule is common knowledge, pretty much set in stone.

Real life is more forgiving thankfully but 30% of relationships now start online and I can see that percentage rising over the coming years.

It's not going to get any easier for the short guy.

It's not going to get any easier for the women with a 5'10" height requirement either. There's only so many tall guys to go around.

OP, girls writing a dating profile is one thing, but when you talk to them in person, they're just girls.

• Like 1
  • Author
OP, girls writing a dating profile is one thing, but when you talk to them in person, they're just girls.

Lol I'm 5'11" dude. For the longest time I've been talkin sh*t and making fun of these dudes on here.

Earlier another height thread poped up and I asked them to prove it to me. And they did. I've never been so wrong in my life.

• Like 3

It seems like people think that people will be less picky because they are OLD but I actually think they are more picky. (that goes for both men and women)

• Like 1

I know someone who is cute and super sweet, but very overweight (guessing maybe needs to lose about 75 lbs?), with 3 kids and is only about 5'2" or so. She refuses to date any man under 6 ft tall and making less than $100K. :(

• Like 1

Men have some fault in this too. Because short women can do equally as well with short or tall guys, she might as well select for tall.

Celeb couples: Meek Mills (6ft) and Nicki Minaj (5'2). Beyonce (5'7) and Jay Z (6'2). Will Smith (6'2) and his wife Jada (5'0). Shaq (NBA player) (7'1) and ex-wife Shaunie (5'0).

I'm 5'7.5 so that makes me 5'8 technically.

The NBA adds 2 inches to your height so on OLD I would put I'm 5'10. It's 2 inches she ain't bringing a ruler to the date. If she has a problem with that she can go date Sasquatch for all I care. **** out of here lol

toscaroscura

I'm tall where I'm from, about 5'8". I am not petite either. I have big feet (10 wides!) and big hands for a woman.

I am always the tallest of my friends and I am the tallest girl in my family. Growing up, I never developed a preference for tall men because I figured because I was tall myself, that that would severely diminish my dating pool. Also, as a teenager at least, I noticed that very tall boys seemed to love very petite girls. So looking back, most men I have been with/dated have been say, 5'7" to 5'11", ballpark.

Every single guy I have dated that has been my height, or a little taller/shorter, has made comment to me in an insecure way about his height compared to mine. Like every one. It's been a handful of guys. One guy made a sort-of joke about how he was glad I didn't wear heels. Another made me stand back-to-back with him to prove that yes, he was an inch taller than me.

I don't freaking care about height. All those men were sexy and adorable and gorgeous to me. They are the ones that make it about their height.

And yes, I have been overlooked in the past for smaller girls. Oh well I guess! But I don't think I am so rare.

• Like 2

In a fair world, women who are not at least 5'6" should never get to date a man who is 6'0" or taller. :D

Hey, ouch!!

All five of my long term boyfriends have been between 6'2 and 6'5.

Shorter guys don't seem to be as interested in me.

I apparently look better from up high. (Maybe because I'm chubby! I need the "MySpace Angle" to get me in the door!)

Seriously though, people should date people who they like, and not artificially exclude someone based on height... whether shorter or taller.

autumnnight
Hey, ouch!!

All five of my long term boyfriends have been between 6'2 and 6'5.

Shorter guys don't seem to be as interested in me.

I apparently look better from up high. (Maybe because I'm chubby! I need the "MySpace Angle" to get me in the door!)

Seriously though, people should date people who they like, and not artificially exclude someone based on height... whether shorter or taller.

I'm mostly kidding. But when I was in high school it really miffed me :)

• Like 1

Shortest woman I rejected was about 4'7-4'8 and the tallest was 6'2.

And it was their height that bothered me.

Tallest I dated was 6' and shortest was just over 5'.

I am 5'8 and my friends have always told me that I am too picky. They might be right :eek:

That's bullcrap. Women in the 5'7" to 5'10 range look AMAZING. They usually have great proportions and more slender frames. IMO, they look very femenine (which is contrary to what I read in another thread about a guy's opinion on tall women). And when they wear heals.... F*** yea!

I've always prefered taller women, but that does not mean I don't find shorter women attractive. My GF is a petite 5'3.5" and I love her look. I wouldn't change her height if given the option; it suits her actually.

Definitely a pile of poo that statement.

I've never seen a guy reject a girl because they were too tall (or short for that matter).

If a guy has indeed said that, it was a cover up for the real reason he was too scared to admit.

What I find ironic is the amount of hand wringing that we see from men on this subject. Because, let's face it guys, we men sort of dominate when it comes to being selective on physical appearance. And if any gender is more apt to look past physical attributes and appreciate non-physical qualities, it sure as Hell aint us!

You rock! :)

• Like 1
5' 10" here.

Bring it, ladies.:cool:

I'm a bringing it Nate...

Oh hang on how tall did you say you were...

F*** it. Your gorgeous... I'll bring my own cuffs - just remind me where did I put the key... Oh heck what will I need the key for???!!! :love:

Note to self must go and check how tall my date is tonight... Still haven't looked. Was having to much fun chatting to him... Because after all if he is too short I may as well not bother... <- "British Sarcasm" at its best...

Definitely a pile of poo that statement.

I've never seen a guy reject a girl because they were too tall (or short for that matter).

If a guy has indeed said that, it was a cover up for the real reason he was too scared to admit.

I'm going to assume you quoted the wrong post because I have no idea wtf you're talking about.

• Like 1

Where I live I don't think we put that much importance in height, however it's still pretty uncommon to see a couple where the women is taller than the man.

The more I read this forums, the more I start to believe that dating in the US almost requires a PhD, so many rules, so many requirements, it seems exhausting, there are height requirements, hair requirements, carrer requirements, penis size requirements, previous relantionships requirements, experience requirements and so on, then there are the rules for the date, forget about being authentic and have fun, dates are not supposed to be fun :). It seems more complicated to have a successfull date than working for NASA, at least that the perspective of an outsider.

• Like 1

Those requirements are for online dating. People complain about online dating having requirements, but I don't see online dating working the way they want it to work without setting requirements.

Lol I'm 5'11" dude. For the longest time I've been talkin sh*t and making fun of these dudes on here.

Earlier another height thread poped up and I asked them to prove it to me. And they did. I've never been so wrong in my life.

Why on earth were you making fun of guys who were shorter than you?

Doesn't speak well of you now does it?

• Author
Those requirements are for online dating. People complain about online dating having requirements, but I don't see online dating working the way they want it to work without setting requirements.

I don't think it works, unless you call dating down sex working.

Why on earth were you making fun of guys who were shorter than you?

Doesn't speak well of you now does it?

I seriously thought it was all in their head.. I had no idea there was so much truth to it.

autumnnight
Where I live I don't think we put that much importance in height, however it's still pretty uncommon to see a couple where the women is taller than the man.

The more I read this forums, the more I start to believe that dating in the US almost requires a PhD, so many rules, so many requirements, it seems exhausting, there are height requirements, hair requirements, carrer requirements, penis size requirements, previous relantionships requirements, experience requirements and so on, then there are the rules for the date, forget about being authentic and have fun, dates are not supposed to be fun :). It seems more complicated to have a successfull date than working for NASA, at least that the perspective of an outsider.

It actually doesn't/isn't. People just make it that way and/or blameshift