Do we really find someone better than our ex?

• Author
Try adopting your mom's abundant mindset

I wish I could.

I see too many skanks out here it's hard to think otherwise.

Move out of NYC.

And stop blaming every other factor for your own failures.

It's the "place", the "women", etc, etc, etc...

Do we really find someone better than our ex? Or is that just some bull**** we tell everyone so they can shut up and quit whining?

Simple answer to this Jon is sometimes, sometimes not. You may or you may not. There's no 'always' - romance is too much of a roll of the dice to ever really know how anything's gonna be.

• Like 2

The thing with people is that they're all different. Not better or worse. Just different. And that thing is truly enriching as it makes us all unique. Different people will touch you differently and the quality of that experience ... you know on what it depends ? On you !!! On how you chose those partners.

As a woman, from experience, I can tell you that the way you feel when you go out with someone you really like is massively different from going out with a person who's just... There.

I have never regretted going out of my comfort zone. Ever. Sometimes things didn't quite turn out as I expected or wanted. But I've learnt sooooo much. About myself. About what scares me. And about how to confront my fears.

I think that sitting at home and mooning over your ex is also your fear of change. You want to stay in your comfort zone... Well, not possible anymore - unless you want to end up single & miserable. Reframe this episode. Look at it as an opportunity to date more. Find out more about women. Get rejected. Get accepted. Get disappointed. And have massive fun doing it.

Your ex is gone anyway. You might as well enjoy being single ;-) !

• Like 1
Or is that just some bull**** we tell everyone so they can shut up and quit whining?

You couldn't convince me a stranger off the street wouldn't have been better than what my Ex morphed into after the ring went on. 17 years later I fired her.

For 18 yrs now I dang well come close to worshipping my wife. That's no BS.

• Like 1

But of course. Your ex was alright, but not good enough for the long-term or even forever-married-picket-fence thing.

• Author
You are really really not over your ex are you?

I don't think it really matters if there's nothing better or safer out here.

I don't think it really matters if there's nothing better or safer out here.

if you continue to hide inside your place - or your parents' place - you'll never find out. You can't judge if better or safer unless you are able to experience and compare. You can't experience and compare if you don't meet someone new. Therefore you sit inside and moon over you ex thinking there's no one better outside...

selffulfilling prophecy. Makes sense to me :rolleyes: