Signs he's a PLAYER?

veganpilot

• Author
veganpilot

Nope. I never told him and didn't care about him calling me hun. I also never told him to call him my preferred name. Strange thing was after the first date he started to call me my full name. Maybe I should tell him I prefer Chris because it is masculine and casual.

Nope. I never told him and didn't care about him calling me hun. I also never told him to call him my preferred name. Strange thing was after the first date he started to call me my full name. Maybe I should tell him I prefer Chris because it is masculine and casual.

Yes, you should do this and how he responds will actually give you one of your first heads up that he has dating potential for you. If he responds positively and from that point forward begins to meet that need, that's real sign. When you express a need or desire to a dating partner and they accommodate it, great. If he continues to call you hun or Christina, he's not listening to you. Maybe he'll slip up here and there, but he's still learning. As long as he starts doing it consistently, it's good. This is really a tiny thing really, but it's important to YOU. And, it's important for you to continue to express your desires and needs going forward and observe whether he meets them. Don't get too picky though ;) No one is a mind-reader.

• Like 2
  • Author
veganpilot

Thanks for the advice! I actually told him I need space and it is important in a relationship. He is giving me a lot of space now, since any clingers would make me run for the hills! I also love how he is not persistent because being persistent turns me off A LOT regardless of how attractive they are.

Yes, you should do this and how he responds will actually give you one of your first heads up that he has dating potential for you. If he responds positively and from that point forward begins to meet that need, that's real sign. When you express a need or desire to a dating partner and they accommodate it, great. If he continues to call you hun or Christina, he's not listening to you. Maybe he'll slip up here and there, but he's still learning. As long as he starts doing it consistently, it's good. This is really a tiny thing really, but it's important to YOU. And, it's important for you to continue to express your desires and needs going forward and observe whether he meets them. Don't get too picky though ;) No one is a mind-reader.

because it is masculine and casual. -- Don't tell him why. He doesn't need to know anything. All he needs to know is what you want and do it because he wants to do what you want him to do. This is an early relationship. You do not have to explain yourself to him about anything yet. And, again this particular thing isn't a big deal, but it is practice for you. If he asks you, that's OK, tell him.

There may come a point when you need to express a greater need, but not fully prepared to share specifics, perhaps, because you're not at that comfort level yet. All you need to do at that point is express the need and let him accommodate it. If he asks you why, you simply say, I will talk more about it at a another time, but I would appreciate it if you would accommodate me for now. You are now establishing boundaries. Sharing enough for him to know what you need when you need it.

As long as you're insecure about his motives, why not just keep things casual?

She's being insecure without knowing whether she has a reason to be. She's being insecure about him because of the unknown. Why worry about unknowns? She has nothing to base her insecurity on with him. If she's being insecure it's about her own internal insecurities or the past being projected on to this individual. It doesn't matter what his history is, what matters is what he is showing her specifically.

casey.lives

sometimes a guy is not a player but bad at breaking up with people. it's a woman's job to care for her self and her well being.

• Author
veganpilot

By casual, do you mean casual dating? Because I definitely do not do casual dating. We can date but nothing serious, which means we can go out and having a boyfriend /girlfriend experience without the sex. Like I said I'm a virgin but I never told him and never planning to. I'm just glad he brought up nothing about sex yet, and did not touch me inappropriately.

But do you think he is playing with me? In his profile he said he wanted to date but nothing serious, and his second motive was friends. And mine was looking for a relationship. Do you think he read my profile, knew what I was looking for and morphed into that criteria to get into my pants, etc? Or so that it is easier that way?

You gotta stop thinking so much about the reasoning behind what he does or might do. You're not going to be able to tell the future no matter what feedback you get from any replies here. Gotta find out for yourself. He might be Prince Charming... He might be a scumbag... Either way, you'll have a interesting story/memory to tell. You're 19, enjoy dating and finding out about the men you go out with instead of trying to plan a relationship. "Did he see my profile and what it said?" Thinking things like that I can assure you that as a guy he did not read your profile and break it down as thoroughly as you're doing to his.

The profile is just there so you can meet. Everything else is filler or "fluff" to attract women in my opinion.