She's in a ridiculous relationship and I love her. ?

• Author
Cosworth82

Ok, so last night I did it. I've told her this isn't happening any more. She isn't taking it very well, been crying all day (haven't seen her but she's been messaging) - but then, still there she stays so.... balls to it.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

• Like 3

Congrats for ending it. Hard to do. A healthy relationship doesn't start this way, especially where you think someone needs rescuing. She needs to leave him and be on her own two feet in order to enter a healthy relationship with you. If that is indeed her choice. You were wise to get out. What if he's got a temper? Things could get messy. Hang in there.

Ok, so last night I did it. I've told her this isn't happening any more. She isn't taking it very well, been crying all day (haven't seen her but she's been messaging) - but then, still there she stays so.... balls to it.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I think you did the right thing.

TaraMaiden2
Maybe :( I do love her very much, and I'd go so far as to say she's my "dream girl" but whether I'm her dream guy or not, she still needs rescuing.

Ah.

There we have it.

You want to 'rescue' her.

Well, does she actually WANT to be rescued?

Are you sure that when you ride up to the Castle keep, and demand the drawbridge be lowered so you can 'rescue' this damsel - she's actually going to want to come out?

If her life is really so bad with this guy (and how do you know, first hand, that it is? Are you just going by her impressions and what she's told you?) then why, as you ask, hasn't she moved hell & high water to leave?

It seems with the romantic interest you have provided, that's still not sufficient reason to motivate her to meet you half way....

So who are you rescuing, and why?

Edit to add: Ooops. Didn't realise there was a 'page 2'....:rolleyes:

Edited by TaraMaiden2
  • Author
Cosworth82
Ah.

There we have it.

You want to 'rescue' her.

Well, does she actually WANT to be rescued?

Are you sure that when you ride up to the Castle keep, and demand the drawbridge be lowered so you can 'rescue' this damsel - she's actually going to want to come out?

If her life is really so bad with this guy (and how do you know, first hand, that it is? Are you just going by her impressions and what she's told you?) then why, as you ask, hasn't she moved hell & high water to leave?

It seems with the romantic interest you have provided, that's still not sufficient reason to motivate her to meet you half way....

So who are you rescuing, and why?

Edit to add: Ooops. Didn't realise there was a 'page 2'....:rolleyes:

Thank you for this, genuinely. You're right with every word. This is probably the most hard hitting and well worded post in this whole thread. I miss her terribly but again, you're right. I mean where is she now? lying next to him (or worse). It wasn't really about "rescuing" as such. I do think she's making a huge mistake, and I'm convinced that (in the fullness of time) I'll be proved right. I do love her, despite what some other member here said. She loves me too (I'm not kidding my self here) but as she won't meet me half way, there's nothing I can do. Thank you for posting :)

• Like 1