Down in a hole...really hurt.

• Author
AnotherSadSong
the saying is if you continue to do the same thing and expect different results...insanity.

Anyway, I really think that you jumping into the dating pool right now would actually cause more damage than good. You are trying to replace like for like right now.

You need to heal and learn. Then and only then should you try to bring in a new person. In AA they recommend you not date for the first year so you can develop new habits.

Take your time, this is not a sprint. You are in this for the rest of your life.

Breath. Satu's post was great. Print it and put it on your fridge. (Im thinking about doing it also)

I will venture slowly with it. I am not desperate for a man. It will keep my mind off all the hurt. I have a lot to offer someone, so I need to be choosy.

And they will either deal with my slow or not. The right person will. Deal with my slow is not a proper sentence. I cannot place thoughts properly today.

• Like 2
  • Author
AnotherSadSong

It was strange a week ago after we had a different argument about the lack of communication on his side, I received an email of him asking to be my friend on FB, which of course he rescinded, being he and his wife are of course friends. But it was at 3 in the am, so I can only think he must have found someone else who is easier than me. He came in from screwing her and compared us two and he figured I was not worthy.

It was strange a week ago after we had a different argument about the lack of communication on his side, I received an email of him asking to be my friend on FB, which of course he rescinded, being he and his wife are of course friends. But it was at 3 in the am, *so I can only think he must have found someone else who is easier than me. He came in from screwing her and compared us two and he figured I was not worthy.

*Thats very likely.

• Author
AnotherSadSong
*Thats very likely.

I think so. I was replaced. Good for them. I really hate this feeling of hurt. Thanks for hearing me out, my vent.

• Author
AnotherSadSong

Oh forgot, his last words were also this relationship is unsustainable. Such a great guy. I made such a mess for myself. I did this to myself.

To tell someone without any emotion that they were just a f____ and that they never meant anything to you after years is quite a bomb. I deserve it not from him but deserve it for having an affair. You are right that all I have left is to go up. What kind of person would speak to someone and tell them that with absolutely no concern of their well-being?

I feel the same way about my situation. I ended my affair 11 days ago and he just walked away without saying a word. After 3 years that's what I got. Nothing. The good news is you have this fabulous support system here. Try to do something special you haven't done in a long time. Be kind to yourself

• Like 1
  • Author
AnotherSadSong

We had a huge argument 2-3 weeks ago and he fought for the relationship. He wrote me, Let's agree and be honest, we both want it. Then now, he dumps me so callously without any regards for my feelings or well-being.

• Author
AnotherSadSong
I feel the same way about my situation. I ended my affair 11 days ago and he just walked away without saying a word. After 3 years that's what I got. Nothing. The good news is you have this fabulous support system here. Try to do something special you haven't done in a long time. Be kind to yourself

I would love to sit across from another person over wine and dinner at a great restaurant and laugh together as corny as that sounds. Being amused at how much he is trying to be a gentleman and impress me. This seems nice and very much different than an affair and being told you meant nothing and were just a f____. I want to forget these words.

I don't understand. Why and what were you in the "relationship" with him at the first place? Did he treat you like a queen, otherwise why you were involved with him?

It was strange a week ago after we had a different argument about the lack of communication on his side, I received an email of him asking to be my friend on FB, which of course he rescinded, being he and his wife are of course friends. But it was at 3 in the am, so I can only think he must have found someone else who is easier than me. He came in from screwing her and compared us two and he figured I was not worthy.
  • Author
AnotherSadSong
I don't understand. Why and what were you in the "relationship" with him at the first place? Did he treat you like a queen, otherwise why you were involved with him?

No, he never did. I have to look within myself at why I cared for such a terrible character.

I would love to sit across from another person over wine and dinner at a great restaurant and laugh together as corny as that sounds. Being amused at how much he is trying to be a gentleman and impress me. This seems nice and very much different than an affair and being told you meant nothing and were just a f____. I want to forget these words.

There's a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt (I think) that people can only hurt you if you give them permission. Stop giving him permission. I was at a wedding and got hit on (crassly) by one of the groomsmen. He was drunk, I knew from a relative he has a drinking problem and has a gf. I turned him down and he called me stupid. Insult the woman you were just flattering after she won't do what you want. Real mature. Do you think I questioned my self worth or cried in the bathroom? No because I'm learning the way jerks think. Your mm may not be quite the loser in life this guy was and you've already invested in him but he's still a jerk.

Focus thoughts on yourself.

• Like 1
  • Author
AnotherSadSong

I did this to myself. I allowed for this. I wish we could re do life. Re do mistakes.

• Author
AnotherSadSong
There's a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt (I think) that people can only hurt you if you give them permission. Stop giving him permission. I was at a wedding and got hit on (crassly) by one of the groomsmen. He was drunk, I knew from a relative he has a drinking problem and has a gf. I turned him down and he called me stupid. Insult the woman you were just flattering after she won't do what you want. Real mature. Do you think I questioned my self worth or cried in the bathroom? No because I'm learning the way jerks think. Your mm may not be quite the loser in life this guy was and you've already invested in him but he's still a jerk.

Focus thoughts on yourself.

I believe you meant nothing to me ever and you were just a f____ qualifies for some form of jerk trophy.

I believe you meant nothing to me ever and you were just a f____ qualifies for some form of jerk trophy.

Definitely.

I read Ditch that Jerk, Why Does He Do That, and 10 stupid things women do. And got something from them all about unhealthy relationship dynamics.

Its so sad though because now that I see what that looks like I see jerks everywhere! I feel like the kid in sixth sense, I see jerk people...

• Like 2
  • Author
AnotherSadSong
Definitely.

I read Ditch that Jerk, Why Does He Do That, and 10 stupid things women do. And got something from them all about unhealthy relationship dynamics.

Its so sad though because now that I see what that looks like I see jerks everywhere! I feel like the kid in sixth sense, I see jerk people...

I should have ditched this jerk many moons ago. I let another person treat me this way. The fact that I allowed it is haunting me. I cannot figure out what is wrong with me. I cannot figure anything out.

I feel like a, well I am a terrible person for venting my frustration in emails to him and being so hateful toward his wife.

Why so much hatred towards the wife? Did you even meet her? How do you know anything about her other than what her cheater husband said? If anything she'd have more cause to hate you since you're the one trying to get her husband from her.

• Author
AnotherSadSong
Why so much hatred towards the wife? Did you even meet her? How do you know anything about her other than what her cheater husband said? If anything she'd have more cause to hate you since you're the one trying to get her husband from her.

It was completely wrong for me to do that. I was angry. I need to work on these issues. I accept that I am a low life loser who did this to myself. It is okay for you to think that to. I can learn from this.

eye of the storm
The fact that I allowed it is haunting me. I cannot figure out what is wrong with me. I cannot figure anything out.

This. This right here is why I say no dating for awhile.

Right now you are floundering, grasping at things, trying to right yourself.

And you will grab the wrong thing.

Take some time to work on why you made the mistakes you did. Then some time to work on how to not repeat them.

Yes, you screwed up. Bad you. Are you going to learn from it? Are you going to use this to make yourself a better person? Or are you going to use this to flagellate yourself for the rest of your life.

Right now I bet all you can hear is the screaming in your head. It is so loud that it is hard to concentrate. Its ok. Its normal. FORCE yourself to move past it. Hug someone, go to the shelter and pet some dogs/cats (they need it and so do you) hit the gym, try a recipe you never tried before. Try a food you never tried before.

Take an action. Get off the floor. (use the time to sweep and mop because you will probably be there again and that is ok too) Forgive yourself, teach yourself, and move on.

Therapy (and meds) helped me get over my divorce. She taught me that I had control over myself. I had power. How I reacted to the way people treated me was completely within me.

Each step, no matter how small, how tentative is a step. Make sure they are in a forward direction. Where you go is entirely up to you.

• Like 1
Artie Lang

i'm confused... you say you were "replaced." do i take this to mean by another OW or his wife?

i don't think you should rush into any other relationship any time soon. that'll just be a rebound. you need to get over what you've just been through. exactly how long was this affair?

• Author
AnotherSadSong

Right now I bet all you can hear is the screaming in your head. It is so loud that it is hard to concentrate. Its ok. Its normal. FORCE yourself to move past it. Hug someone, go to the shelter and pet some dogs/cats (they need it and so do you) hit the gym, try a recipe you never tried before. Try a food you never tried before.

This is spot on. I want it all to stop and go away. I understand this will take time. Here I am hurt and it is not crazy to believe and know he has no thoughts of it. He brushed it under the bed and is skipping and whistling about his day. I know this. My head is screaming. I need to feel the warm embrace and the tenderness from a good man. I really need this but will be cautious and take my time. Thank you for all your kind words.

• Author
AnotherSadSong
i'm confused... you say you were "replaced." do i take this to mean by another OW or his wife?

i don't think you should rush into any other relationship any time soon. that'll just be a rebound. you need to get over what you've just been through. exactly how long was this affair?

It was 4 years give or take a few months.

• Author
AnotherSadSong

To your other question, it is probably another woman. It does not matter anymore. He said I never meant a thing to him and was just a f____

eye of the storm
I need to feel the warm embrace and the tenderness from a good man. I really need this

No you don't. Not right now. Right now you need to learn how to love and respect YOURSELF.

"I need a good man" is like an alcoholic saying whisky was bad for me, I will switch to vodka.

• Like 1
  • Author
AnotherSadSong
No you don't. Not right now. Right now you need to learn how to love and respect YOURSELF.

"I need a good man" is like an alcoholic saying whisky was bad for me, I will switch to vodka.

I know. I am sounding crazy here. Not only was I dumped with the worst of words, I am now officially crazy. I feel it.

I am still confused about your previous answers. YOu said he never treated you like a queen or treated you well, so what made you involving with him for over 4 years, what satisfaction you got from his treating you bad. Supposedly you do not enjoy being treated badly?