When You Don't Want the Alpha Male

Cupid's Puppet

Camaro Guy

Was the guy more physically imposing? If so, I can see why he backed down. I truly don't feel women understand the naturally physical nature and friction between guys.

It's a large part of our nature. At our true core, we'd rather fight with fists than with words.

IrishCarBomb
You guys are projecting or something.

The beta did ask me for my phone number' date=' [u']but I doubt he will ever call now.[/u]

Anyways' date=' I have an update. I did get a text from him tonight :love:[/quote']

:confused:;)

But I can't even say yes if you stop showing interest because another guy starts flirting.

Why do they have to compete for you though as if you're a prize? You liked him, he was paying interest in you, why didn't you shut the 'alpha' down and return your attention to the 'beta' guy?

He didn't stop showing interest, you stopped showing interest by diverting your attention away from him and onto the other guy, so he left!

I'm happy that he messaged you, if a little bit surprised!

Ladies, you ever been in a situation where you were liking a particular guy at a party and an annoying alpha male gets in between it? This happened to me twice this weekend. Like yesterday, I don't know if this guy liked me, but I was totally into him. He did the approaching, he bought me a drink, he talked mostly to me at the party, etc. Then here comes the alpha male...

Naturally the other guy backed away like a beta male. He totally allowed the alpha male to steal my attention even though I didn't want him. I was desperately hoping the beta male would ask me out, but he just allowed the other guy to swoop in and ask me out. The beta did ask me for my phone number, but I doubt he will ever call now. Any similar stories?

I don't go around thinking about alpha or beta males, I would simply think this other guy was a jerk.

However, if I was talking to a guy I was really into and he had bought me a drink and we spent most of the night talking and some other guy swooped in who I wasn't into, I would shut it down and do things to make it clear I'm into this other guy and not him.

The guy cannot control if other men choose to talk to a woman he is at a party talking to. If I go out, multiple men might ask for my number or talk to me. I am not obligated to talk to them and other guys cannot control it. Even if he had asked you out before this guy came, he couldn't prevent the guy asking you out too after. So like I said, it ultimately comes down to you and your choice and if I like a man I will choose him and be clear that he knows it.

• Like 5
I would love to know how to get a shy guy to ask you out when you feel like he's interested in you. They too often let the other guy beat them to the punch.

Why not just ask him out instead?

• Like 1

because women don't like to ask guys out, they don't want to look pushy or too forward

because women don't like to ask guys out, they don't want to look pushy or too forward

Which I think is a silly mindset. I'm sure any guy would be thrilled if a girl he liked asked him out. I know I would be.

• Like 2
  • Author
Cupid's Puppet

I asked him out today, but he has other plans. He said he'd meet up after though :bunny:

8 times out of ten it's not so much not wanting the "alpha male" it's knowing you can't tie him down and will only be a sex toy so you lie to yourself "nah I don't really want him"

Stop projecting.

Why do they have to compete for you though as if you're a prize?

Because I am a prize. And if the guy is great, I'd treat him like a prize too. And obviously, I am interested in the guy. I'm not going to give too many details about what I do or what I say because it's a small world, and who knows...he may be on this site. All I want though is for this guy to outright say he likes me. Because I may be going over my head crushing on him when he doesn't like me like that.

SycamoreCircle
I'm not going to give too many details about what I do or what I say because it's a small world' date=' and who knows...he may be on this site. [/quote']Right you are! Allow me to introduce myself...I am...

:bunny::bunny::bunny:BETA-MAN:bunny::bunny::bunny:

I am what happens to Charlton Heston between Soylent Green and The Omega Man. As a pro bono bonafide BETA MAN, I don't make decisions, I leave that to you. I got you babe, Bono to your Cher. Need advice? Think of me as the IRS. I never give it, I only take it.

BETA-MAN is here to make your life easier. Count on me to count on you telling me my whatwithall. Need me to courteously step aside while ALPHA MAN absorbs you into his TYPE-A bloodstream? This I can do. I'll bake rich wholesome cookies, in the meantime.

"It's a small world," quoth my Divine Empress, so let me diminish myself for your purposes. This, BETA-MAN doth pledge!!! Down, down and up under...

• Like 2
loveweary11

^^^^^^^^ omg.... dead :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

We should be able to nominate for post of the year.

If you didn't want the guy that swooped in how come you didn't shut it down? One thing women have no problem doing is shutting down a guy they aren't interested in so how come you didn't do it in this case? That is what the original guy is thinking. Why fight over a woman you just met?

• Like 7
If you didn't want the guy that swooped in how come you didn't shut it down? One thing women have no problem doing is shutting down a guy they aren't interested in so how come you didn't do it in this case? That is what the original guy is thinking. Why fight over a woman you just met?

This is the thing that bothers me.

Because if I was in that guy's shoes, I would obviously do the same. After all, when I approach a woman that doesn't want my attention, she has no problems getting rid of me or sending clear signs real quickly that she doesn't want to talk to me.

So when I see a jerk (because that is what he is, not some "Alpha") jumps in the conversation and you are actually listening to him instead of giving him the cold shoulder, I would think he is more of what you want and not me.....so of course I will step aside and give the floor to him.

Best case scenario, even if you aren't interested in him, seeing him get your attention that easily would tell me you are lukewarm about me and that is enough to just leave you alone. So I am a little surprised he was willing to contact you back after that but then again, he also have very low expectations at this point too.

• Like 4
  • Author
Cupid's Puppet

We went out tonight and revealed to each other (finally) that we liked each other. I casually asked him why he became passive at the party. He said he went off elsewhere because the guy kept butting in. He thought the guy was weird and pushy. So I know now he didn't back off because he felt like he didn't have a chance but because the other guy kept blocking us. I am glad he decided to still contact me despite of.

We went out tonight and revealed to each other (finally) that we liked each other. I casually asked him why he became passive at the party. He said he went off elsewhere because the guy kept butting in. He thought the guy was weird and pushy. So I know now he didn't back off because he felt like he didn't have a chance but because the other guy kept blocking us. I am glad he decided to still contact me despite of.

You got very lucky. Most men would not have bothered.

Again, it was your responsibility to shut down the allegedly unwanted attention from the guy you called the Alpha male. The fact that you did not shut it down is some indication that it was not all that unwelcome.

• Like 4
That guy is not an "alpha male", he's just an obnoxious a-hole.

Alpha/beta males are dumb terms, anyway. I haven't met anyone IRL, man or woman, that uses those terms.

Also OP, stand up for yourself a bit more. If this kind of scenario happens again, politely tell "alpha" dude that you were in the middle of a conversation, and then go back to the other guy you liked. If jerk-boy doesn't get the hint and rudely butts in again, then it may be necessary to be a little more blunt (but be careful).

He maybe a obnoxious a-hole. But he will not have a problem getting a date. Most women love these big mouth winners. Lets get reel here!!When was the last time you hear a total a-hole complain he can not get a date. Personaly I have never or seen a jerk do without dates. Seems to me these sp called jerks maybe doing something right

He maybe a obnoxious a-hole. But he will not have a problem getting a date. Most women love these big mouth winners. Lets get reel here!!When was the last time you hear a total a-hole complain he can not get a date. Personaly I have never or seen a jerk do without dates. Seems to me these sp called jerks maybe doing something right

Maybe they're not jerks and you know much less than you think you know.

ApexTitanium

I must have it all wrong....im chatting with a girl and shes into me acting all flirty and smiles. Some jackass walks up and tries stealing her attention and she seems more interested in him and I get shunned away. I just stroll on like whatever I tried. If she looks like shes not interested in him and he keeps persisting I just look over and say "hey bro you're awesome we should totally chill sometime whats your number?"

Usually ends with him giving me a weird ass look and walking away, she laughs and now we got something funny to talk about. Win.

My dateing game is all messed up...

Maybe they're not jerks and you know much less than you think you know.

There is no "Maybe" about it. When I see a grown men that cannot keep a job. In out of jail. Treat women like crap. But always have a woman by his side. So there is no "maybe" he is not a jerk. I witness this with my own two eyes. But then again what most women think is decent and what a man think is decent is two different things.

casey.lives

that's the thing.... Most alpha's don't need to get you drinks and fetch you **** and make loud boisterous noise ... and "steal" attention. The truth is the confident person is usually the person who is secure and still. The "alpha" might not be looking for a weak drifter as a lover... Alpha's like secure and stable people, not easily swayed or shallow beta bitches. Alpha don't need weak partners. it's a tough world.... so... alpha's are not only strong but they are SMART too... you did them a favor.. beta b*tch