Yo Mama! Mothers and Mother's Day

• Author
Originally posted by deemanct

Hey there Merin. I think you're cool and so is your mom! Good for you! The Spa treatment sounds like a winner. My mom is sweetheart! She's known me all these years and still talks to me! She's moving slower these days, but still moving on her own. I still don't know what to get her...I can't possibly repay her for all shes done for me...These days just visiting together and talking together with her and my dad is really great. I appreciate them so much more than when I was younger.

ps - I like you're straight forward replies I've been seeing since I started hangin out here. Deemanct

Awe Thanks!

My Mom is awesome!

I could never get My Mom anything that would really ever repay for her for all she's been for Me... BUT because My Mom has the same sort of whacked humour as me (Doh!) I remember her telling me one time "Damn I'm so glad you're all grown up now Merin... Mothers Day gifts should be a hella lot better with you having a job now... no more macaroni necklaces yay!" :laugh:

Macaroni necklaces! ROFL! Have a good night...time for me to sleep.

• Author
Originally posted by deemanct

Macaroni necklaces! ROFL! Have a good night...time for me to sleep.

;) Good Stuff that Macaroni! :laugh:

Have a Good night as well :)

• Author
Originally posted by BigB

oh crap! :eek: mother day. Sunday right?

Yes! :laugh:

friskywife

I want to sleep late for MD!!! I am off work and I really just want to sleep (our little one is almost 2). I also want a vacuum cleaner since I broke ours last week :o ! Hubby wants to cook something so I am thinking either lamb (if we can find a good price at the butcher) or ribeye steaks with cheesy taters!!

I love my mom so much and usually she just tells me what she wants, but she hasn't a clue this year! Now I have to come up with something (& soon)! Year before last, when I was preggers I got her a gift certificate for the 2 of us to have a facial together. It was the coolest! We used it while my little one was in the hospital so we were both spoiled for a little bit!

My mom was a single mother with 2 kids and owned her own beauty shop. She still amazes me with her spunk and strength and how much love she has for everyone she has ever met. I can only dream of being half the mom she was/is.

Illusion24

Where do I start??? My mother is basically my "Wind beneath my wings"...

She raised me to be independent and I wouldn't be half the woman I am without her. She's by far the strongest woman I've ever met and I look up to her so much.

She's lost a child (8 months pregnant)...She's lost a business...She had a lot of bad people surrounding her and till this day she walks with her head up and thanks God for the blessings she does have.

She had me at a very young age, worked 3 jobs for many years to give me the Christmas she said I deserved. No matter what I always got what I wanted but not when I wanted it.

My mother, has this gift about her that lights up the room when she walks in. Who's mom does the tootsie roll in the middle of her job...?? My mom loves to listen to hip hop with me...Ashanti, Mariah, JLO and she even know the words to "Put it in my mouth" :laugh: ...

From the first time I thought about marriage I always said I want my mom to give me away. My father didn't raise me and wasn't around he has no right to give me away when the one that struggled with me all these years was my mother. I'm an only child and I will forever from now on live to make my mom's life easier. I now run a business with her and I admire her so much. She's taught me how to be strong and not to let others bring me down.

For mother's day, I have no idea what I"m going to get her. No gift is good enough for her...so if anyone has an idea, something different...Please let me know!! Last year I didn't have money and couldn't do anything for her, she was depressed for a week...I need to do something to make it up to her.... :o

NSN - what about giving her a little homemade booklet full of memories? special times that you remember her being there for you with photos, etc. like a scrapbook. or having her over for her favorite meal that you made yourself.

my mother would much rather have those things then something she can get for herself.

i don't usually get to see my mom for mother's day - but she may come down this year!

best thing about my mom....i would have to say it's her conviction. she's always persevered. she did anything and everything she could for my sister and i. i don't remember her going out when i was a child with friends. her time was spent with us. her money was spent on us. there were alot of tough years with my father, but she stayed with him.....and now occasionally will question her judgment on that because of the problems that my sister and i have incurred with relationships.

we're getting a pedicure - she's never had one! together, just the two of us (and maybe my daughter who absolutely thinks the world of her grandma)....and then lunch. i can't wait to see her!

Illusion24
NSN - what about giving her a little homemade booklet full of memories? special times that you remember her being there for you with photos, etc. like a scrapbook. or having her over for her favorite meal that you made yourself.

That's a nice idea...let's see how many memories I have... :):bunny:

MassiveAtom

{{{{Merin}}}}

Much love babe!

This Sunday I hope YOU have the best Mama's day! I'll send you good thoughts. ;)

Love those wee peeps right! As I know you do.

Hugs from over here....

YFB! :laugh:

MA

• Author
Originally posted by MassiveAtom

{{{{Merin}}}}

Much love babe!

This Sunday I hope YOU have the best Mama's day! I'll send you good thoughts. ;)

Love those wee peeps right! As I know you do.

Hugs from over here....

YFB! :laugh:

MA

Thanks Doll.. Mad :love: back attcha!

Love My Wee Peeps fo sho! LOL Thanks for the good thoughts My way...

(((MA))) YFB Always! :lmao:

Love to ya!