My mother won't give me my puppy back!

XNemesisX

From personal experience, I know that standing up to your mom isn't the easiest thing in the world. But you're doing this for yourself, first and foremost. Be tough, Nemesis. We'll be crossing fingers for you.

Curly

Don't be ridiculous. You two will end up pulling the legs off the beast during your fight. Leave it be for a while and one day when you're over, kidnap the pooch back. But, as Pocky said, be sure you are taking care of the little critter. They need company much more than cats do and I suspect you'll be doing a fair bit of hard partying this summer and pooch will still be alone a lot.

Originally posted by Pocky

When you're talking about the happiness and health of a living creature, ownership is the last valid reason for keeping something. If Nem thinks she can give this dog the home it needs then by all means she should be given that opportunity, but that still needs to be established. And if she finds that the environment for the dog is better suited at her mother's house then maybe the dog should stay there.

Sorry. I misread your statement, I thought you were making a joke.

I understand you now.

• Author
XNemesisX

I still don't have my puppy. My little sister started crying when I got there over the puppy so I agreed to let them keep her for just a little while longer. I told them that I will let them watch her until my finals are over (which will be tomorrow) then after that I'm coming back to get her. I offerred to call my breeder about upcoming litters and even told my mom that if she wanted I may buy her a dog just like Chanel. What did she say? "Oh, okay. Yeah, buy yourself another dog like this one from the breeder. We will keep this one." :confused:

:mad:

Somebody kick me really hard. I have GOT to stand up for myself. I think my family knows what a pushover I can be and how well guilt trips work on me. Mom will say the dog is happier there, then my 12 year old sister will start crying....they really know how to manipulate me.

Tomorrow is my last day of finals and I will go and get my dog back regardless of the fits they pitch. Moi, I don't really party at all. This summer I will just be taking a few graduate classes, so I will have plenty of time for my pooch. :)

I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow..wish me luck :o

ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by XNemesisX

Somebody kick me really hard. I have GOT to stand up for myself. I think my family knows what a pushover I can be and how well guilt trips work on me. Mom will say the dog is happier there, then my 12 year old sister will start crying....they really know how to manipulate me.

I gave you some advice on how to deal with giving yourself a kickstart. Same applies to mom.

Demand the dog back. No ifs, ands or buts.

By your lack of posting about D-Day should I presume that you didn't obtain ownership of Chanel?

• Author
XNemesisX

:(

Nope.

Mom says that she will "think about it." And after graduation this Sunday she MIGHT give her back. I am a very non-confrontational person so I told her that is fine. I'm pretty worried I won't get her back...ever.

Fight for your doggie, Nem. Smuggle her. Please do!!! She was such a cutie in the pic !!! Or at least make her pay you... Threatern her with "Animal Court" ;) !!!

Sweetie, don't let them take something you love away without even fighting for it. After graduation you will have plenty of time to wait for a good moment when your mom is not at home and then go and take the dog back.

Wait until your mother is off her guard, then dognap the mutt. Really. Your mother's behavior is completely unacceptable, and even more so, it is time for you to assert your basic rights as a human being, which include no kidnapping of your animals.

The living situation you provide the dog is a separate issue. Does your mother go around the neighborhood, stealing animals because she thinks they are not being cared for correctly? NO SHE DOESN'T - because she knows the neighbors would have her head on a telephone pole before 20 minutes had passed. She does this only to you - because she has trained you to be submissive to her manipulation. All mothers do this to a degree - yours has just taken it way too far.

• Author
XNemesisX

Well I really thought about what you all have been saying and decided that I am getting my dog back dammit. Today was my graduation and I went home and got the puppy last night. Mom threw a fit but I think she thought she would get her back today when they came to my place after graduation. Nope. I wouldn't budge. But I did agree to let her keep her here and there. She's mad at me right now, but I really can't let her keep doing this crap to me. Time to stand up for myself!

And MY puppy is here right now sitting in my lap :love:

;)

Originally posted by XNemesisX

Well I really thought about what you all have been saying and decided that I am getting my dog back dammit. Today was my graduation and I went home and got the puppy last night. Mom threw a fit but I think she thought she would get her back today when they came to my place after graduation. Nope. I wouldn't budge. But I did agree to let her keep her here and there. She's mad at me right now, but I really can't let her keep doing this crap to me. Time to stand up for myself!

And MY puppy is here right now sitting in my lap :love:

;)

Awesome, I'm proud of you. :love: And congratulation on your graduation!!!! :bunny::)