What does it mean when you have a ball in your breast?

• Author
Originally posted by tiki

It'll be fine!!!!!!

I wish I could think like that!!!

Like someone else has said pain is normally a good sign. Cancer does not usally cause pain.

I have had both Hodgkins Lymphoma, age 19, and Breast cancer, now. And neither one ever caused pain.

laRubiaBonita
Originally posted by ~Naive~

I wish I could think like that!!!

girl, i have had my "button" for years and i am fine! heck, my doc did not even do anything but look and poke it with his finger! he was like, "yep, that looks like a fatty cyst....... we will just watch it"

basically that was it.

you will be fine...... i know it, i have esp...................................some of you may have already known that too. ;)

fatty cyst

I think that's what's wrong wif my ass. :D

Naive, my son has had a knot on his neck since birth. It's a prominant lymph node.

• Author
Originally posted by laRubiaBonita

girl, i have had my "button" for years and i am fine! heck, my doc did not even do anything but look and poke it with his finger! he was like, "yep, that looks like a fatty cyst....... we will just watch it"

basically that was it.

you will be fine...... i know it, i have esp...................................some of you may have already known that too. ;)

Ohhh Rubia you make me feel so much better and I hope it is like that!!! I will see on Wednesday......

RecordProducer

You absolutely need to see a doctor. It could be just a benign tumor that needs to be removed, but if you don't remove it, it can grow. I don't know the legalities with health insurance in the US, but you have to find a way to fight for your life. Do it now! :)

ARE YOU KIDDING!?!?! THIS COULD BE LIFE THREATENING!!!!!

GO TO THE DOCTOR AND GET IT LOOKED AT!!!

I once wrecked a four wheeler, and my uncle wanted me to go to the Hospital. I said, "I can't affor it." You know what he told me? "You have the rest of your life to pay for it"

• Author

Hi everyone. I went to the doctor yesterday and he said the possibilities of it being cancer are very low but I still do not feel so sure about that :( Anyway, he referred me to another clinic to get an ultrasound. He said I am too young to get a mammogram, the only way I will get it is if it is the only option available. Until next week I will know for sure. The bad thing is that the ultrasound is going to be so expensive :o

Does he not feel like it can wait til the health insurance kicks in? If not, then definitely go.

Let them know that you're paying out of pocket. We adjust off stuff left and right. Just make sure they know.

Hope it all goes well! When is your US appt?

• Author

I go next Wednesday. The doctor wants me to go ASAP. I told them I am paying out of my pocket and they said they can not go any lower. He said that most likely it's a cyst and it might need to get taken out. Since I've had it for so long he said it's vital that I go ASAP :(

Thanks so much for keeping us posted Naive! I'm SO glad you went. Hug that boyfriend of your's for us. He's a keeper!!

Naive,

You may need to take a bit of initiative here. Find out what test they're having done and call around to find out if there are other clinics or providers that will work within your budget. These folks sound like they're being very unhelpful, but you're not at their mercy. If the cost they're quoting is too high, you should be able to call around and find the same service with people who will be willing to work with you. Although health care is important, it's a purchase like everything else we buy is a purchase. You CAN shop around for a better price.

The health care system is not run by a dictator, though they might want us to think it is. You do have choices, but you'll probably have to do a little legwork and make a few phone calls.

I know it shouldn't be this hard! But that's the way health care is, at least in the U.S. Until they fix the system, it's up to us to protect ourselves and our bank accounts.

Originally posted by sophia34

Naive,

You may need to take a bit of initiative here. Find out what test they're having done and call around to find out if there are other clinics or providers that will work within your budget. These folks sound like they're being very unhelpful, but you're not at their mercy. If the cost they're quoting is too high, you should be able to call around and find the same service with people who will be willing to work with you. Although health care is important, it's a purchase like everything else we buy is a purchase. You CAN shop around for a better price.

The health care system is not run by a dictator, though they might want us to think it is. You do have choices, but you'll probably have to do a little legwork and make a few phone calls.

EXCELLENT points. It's a competitive market and they just might be willing to compete for your biz. ;)

HotCaliGirl

I haven't read the whole thread, but you should've applied for medical insurance first. I know you're waiting for it to kick in, but how long does that take? Usually it should start the beginning of the month following when you applied for it. If you get diagnosed with something it will go against your chances of the new insurance covering it, since it will be considered a "pre-existing condition."

I don't know how old you are, but I'm not sure why they would tell you that you're too young to get a mamogram. I had my first when I was 19...

Anyways, thanks for keeping us posted and I hiope it will not turn out to be anything bad.

Originally posted by HotCaliGirl

I don't know how old you are, but I'm not sure why they would tell you that you're too young to get a mamogram. I had my first when I was 19...

I was wondering this too, I had my first mamogram when I was 19 also.

• Author

I am going next week instead to get my ultrasound. I am getting a little worried again.

Is anyone going with ya?

I wish you the best. Let us know how it goes and keep us informed.

• Author
Originally posted by tiki

Is anyone going with ya?

I wish you the best. Let us know how it goes and keep us informed.

My bf is going with me. Hopefully they will let him go in with me when I get the ultrasound because I get all paranoid.

• Author

I am going today to the doctor instead of next week because this is really bothering me. If I am not back on today I will let ya'll know what happened on Monday.

Good luck! Let us know as soon as you can...I'll be thinkin boutcha. :)

+ prayers.

• Author
Originally posted by scarlyjones

is that like having a party in your pants?

:confused:

• Author

Well I went to the doctor again now that I have my benefits. She told me it does not look cancerous but I might need surgery to take it out. She is going to give me a referral to a surgeon. After that I'll tell you what happens.