His weird annoying habits are turning me off

Captiva92

laRubiaBonita

you know it does not mean crap!

you can find JUST as Crappy people to marry or love when you are 22 as you can when you are 62!

Ok, now some of you got me to laughing about this. I wish I could video him doing his annoying habits and show them to you all - then things would really get halarious. Alot of you made some good points.

But I have to say as much as I like affection - I think it's fake when suddenly we're walking into WalMart and he's got to lean into me and grab my ass or start talking sex and hang all over me. Why can't he do it privately before we're in public?

Have you ever gone to an amusement park and stood in line for the rides and there's always some young teenage couple hanging all over each other kissing and fondling each other and you just think it looks so stupid? Well this is how I feel when he suddenly displays public shows of affection.

And the feet swishing - it's nails on the chalkboard when I'm lying next to him in bed trying to watch tv and the leg is shaking or the feet are swishing and I'm either bouncing around from it or listening to swish-swish-swish-swish. All together now - slap him silly!

And here is something really funny - when he pulls the big sudden public display of affection and grabs my face to kiss me - nothing is more embarrassing than walking into a store and looking at him wearing my fuschia pink frosted lipstick. What a turn on to see him wearing lipstick and a mustache. I always have to say - will ya wipe off your mouth?

Ok, I'm fed up with him - he annoys me and I'm just not into him. I'm just raggin on him on here to keep from slappin him silly. He's just annoying.

Thanks for listening. I appreciate the others with no swishing policies! You guys got me to laughing.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by scarlyjones

Try a happy medium you morons.

We will if we ever find her :p

Maybe there are a lot of things you do that he also finds annoying? but maybe he thinks, mmmm well yeah this bugs me and that annoys me but, you know I love her anyway!

But I have to say as much as I like affection - I think it's fake when suddenly we're walking into WalMart and he's got to lean into me and grab my ass or start talking sex and hang all over me. Why can't he do it privately before we're in public?

That I can understand if it's a little annoying, even unappropriate. But just let him know "hey can you please stop grabbing me like a piece of meat in the streets"?! Or say something, another thing you can do is slap him, boom right on the spot...lol J/k

And the feet swishing - it's nails on the chalkboard when I'm lying next to him in bed trying to watch tv and the leg is shaking or the feet are swishing and I'm either bouncing around from it or listening to swish-swish-swish-swish. All together now - slap him silly!

The whole chalkboard thing...na, not working for me either...eeeeuuuu, I got goose bumps thinking about it.

I don't know but you two are mature adults, just talk about it. And if you still feel after the talk unattracted to him let him go...it's for the best.

Have you actually sat and talked to him about this? And I mean like adults, calmly and asking rather than telling? Obviously I havent seen or heard these conversations, but to me it just sounds like you say "stop it" to him and get ratty without any hesitation, I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

As for him bouncing his leg, I do that a lot. I have started to stop myself, but at one point I'd always have to be fiddling or playing or moving! I would tap my knees with my hands to music without realising, bounce my leg(always my right:P) also things like if im sat at a desk at work, if I haven't got anything to do, I will pick up a pen or blue tack and start playin around with it, half the time i don't even remember actually picking it up!

Maybe he just does it without realising, and he may need you to help him stop!

scarlyjones

Yeah,...you SHOULD,....like,...fake left or right and try and shake him off for a sec and sit him down to talk about this stuff. Or just dump him. And when he asks why ,...just point down to his hand around one of your boobs and say "Cuz of this" As romantic as being groped in Walmart Layaway is,...Id hafta put my foot down too.

whichwayisup
Ok, I'm fed up with him - he annoys me and I'm just not into him. I'm just raggin on him on here to keep from slappin him silly. He's just annoying.

If you're not into him, tell him you're very close to ending the relationship. Give him a chance to work on himself, and to make things better.

Let's say he stops ALL those annoying habits...Can you truely say that all that love and affection will come pouring back? That passion? Dig deep and remember what it is that brought you two together...Can you live without him in your life? Is a good person? Does he just do nice things for you out of the blue?

Anyway, to me it sounds like you aren't inlove with him anymore and he's somebody who you DO love and care about alot yet it just ain't working. I don't know, I could be completely wrong here.

My husband has some pretty annoying habits too, I just leave the room when he starts doing them as I know it isn't meant to purposely PISS me off, yet it does. SO, I remove myself from the room. He can't help it and no matter HOW many times I tell him to stop it, he within seconds starts up again...Oh yeah, I guess I should mention what it is that he does!! LOL!...Watching TV, he hangs on the tv clicker and bounces it, taps it on the couch. Flips it up and down, sways it from hand to hand. Yeah, talk about BLOOD boiling moments!! Sometimes I have just snatched it from him and not said a word...Other times I leave the room, but in the middle of a DVD I usually just say, For me, please- Put it down...You're going nuts over there with that thing..Just take it easy eh?(I make a joke of it cuz if I react TOO much he gets abit pissy with me) So I do understand some of the habit annoying thing - Not enough though to allow it to turn me off or make me end it.

You say you just aren't into him anymore. That is what you have to concentrate on...Figure out the real reasons why you feel that way.

Good luck!!

I'm sure I do things that bug him - like not cooking him dinner every night of the week or having sex everytime he wants it. His beef with me is that I'm not June Cleaver.

But when he comes up and says "Are ya gonna give me some tonight" or "Can I stick it in you" - I just go eeeeccckkkkk. Pretty romantic eh?

He's a dud.

I have asked him gently to please stop doing those annoying things - in very nice ways, even jokingly and lovingly - doesn't work. He says "I gotta stay in motion". Or he just says "That's the way I am". But he sure is quick to rag on me if I don't report my every whereabouts to him.

Oh, while I'm at it another thing he does is when we talk on the phone - he sniffs after each sentence. Picture a cop coming up to your car door to give you a ticket while pulling up his pants and sniffing loudly. It's one of those arrogant sniffs like " Here's the way it's gonna be - sniff - I call the shots honey".

Don't know if I described this correctly but it's kinda like people who pop their gum loudly. A cocky gesture like "I'm so cool".

Ok, I'm just nitpicking him apart now because I've been with him 2 years and really want out of the relationship. I'm not a man basher - I know there are great guys out there. I'm just mad at him and sick of being with him.

I'm just a bit more laid back and easy going and he's high strung, irritating and smothering.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by Captiva92

I'm just a bit more laid back and easy going and he's high strung, irritating and smothering.

Ironically, this is probably what attracted you in the first place...

I've dated Nick for almost 2 years now and I love him but he does things that drive me bonkers and turn me off - does this mean I'm just not really into him? Here's what he does.

When we're anywhere - sitting together on the couch, dining at a restaurant or sitting in a movie theater - he bounces his leg repeatedly. This never ends - if we're lying in bed together he's rubbing his feet back and forth making a constant swishing sound (his legs stretched out with feet crossed rubbing together). If it ain't a bouncy knee or leg or him swishing his feet he's doing things in public that ANNOY the heck out of me.

He likes to suddenly get real touchy feely when we get out of his truck and walk in the parking lot towards the grocery store or mall. He'll walk into me and grab me or rub my back over and over and over or try to get all kissy faced. It's like suddenly being in public he has to show affection. I feel smothered by this and other things he does that just irritate me to no end.

He also laughs after anything I say. I think these are nervous ticks or habits but sheez - sometimes I'm telling him about something serious and he just makes this laugh and I stop and say "What is so funny?".

He's 47 and I'm 42 - he wants to get married but the thought of it turns my stomach because I get so annoyed by his nervous ticks. What causes the constant knee bouncing or leg shaking?

I commented to him about this because I always say "Can you please stop?". He says "I've got to constantly be in motion". I'm like "Uh, ok - whatever".

And the worst habit he has that really turns me off is his bragging. He brags about stuff I know isn't true - it's just things he says to boost his own ego. Most of it is just b.s. and I just look at him and say "Why do you say things like that to me?" and he'll say "I dunno".

After two years of this it's getting under my skin - the other day we were walking into a store and he leans into me while we're walking and starts groping me. I hate seeing other people displaying affection in public and I don't want people looking at us because he's suddenly all touchy feely and pawing at me. We're in our 40's and to me it's silly to see people doing this in public.

What do any of you think?

sounds liek you lack your own mental securities in this relationship.......if the idea of marrying a man who does these...( in the grand scheme of things, minute) things, makes your stomach turn, then what are you doing with him.......Have you tried talking to him? The only slight problem I could see is the PDA, which does get annoying and i think can go over the top real fast.........Youve been with thtis man for 2 yeras, you know he is looking to get married....he certianly isnt getting any younger and neither are you....I think you owe it to him to ask him nicely to stop this that its driving you crazy and you dont know if you can live with it anymore....hell get the picture i promise you...

PS conerncing his answer about always "being in motion" there is a slight mental condition, nothing serious, but a mental condition none the less that makes people feel like they have to bounce, or continue to move......................yoiu wouldnt break up with a man becuase of a mental condition he cant help....would you????

Originally posted by bamaguy20

yoiu wouldnt break up with a man becuase of a mental condition he cant help....would you????

I would break up with someone who had a mental condition they refused to get help for. Just because they have a condition doesn't mean they have a built in excuse for annoying the crap out of everyone. There is help available for just about any mental condition there is. If they refuse to try to get help, then they don't care enough about you to waste any time on them.

Originally posted by Devildog

I would break up with someone who had a mental condition they refused to get help for. Just because they have a condition doesn't mean they have a built in excuse for annoying the crap out of everyone. There is help available for just about any mental condition there is. If they refuse to try to get help, then they don't care enough about you to waste any time on them.

Oh i must have misread...I didnt see the part where her boyfriend refused to get help for this little problem.....

Leave the poor guy alone and leave him to find someone who wont find him so annoying! you admit your not into him so if he stopped the habits youd probably just find new ones to pick on. Its not our job to change people but to find somebody who we like and love enough to spend our time with. I recently posted saying Ive noticed things which annoy me about my boyfriend but when i wrote a list of things I love about him and adore about him it was pages longer than the couple of things which bugged me. Ive opened my eyes recently and realised that nobody is perfect. Im certainly not, one of my faults is I want perfection in others. Im working on improving myself instead of giving my boyfriend a hard time. maybe you could try something simalar. Forget the negative, what is really great about your man?

• 1 month later...

Trust me - his annoying habits were NOT traits I found attractive when I met him. I wasn't that attracted to him to being with - he's just been extremely persistent with me and I've had to acquire my taste for him. What happened is right when I started liking him - he screwed me around and cheated.

From that point on I started noticing all his faults and guess they've been magnified since he went from having potential to being a cup of grease.

I think I've been pretty tolerant and forgiving but seeing that he's just an irritating idiot - it's time to get rid of him. I should get a medal for dating him - he's been married and divorced 3 times so I don't think it's me nitpicking his irritating habits.

scarlyjones

Trust me - his annoying habits were NOT traits I found attractive when I met him. I wasn't that attracted to him to being with - he's just been extremely persistent with me and I've had to acquire my taste for him. What happened is right when I started liking him - he screwed me around and cheated.

From that point on I started noticing all his faults and guess they've been magnified since he went from having potential to being a cup of grease.

I think I've been pretty tolerant and forgiving but seeing that he's just an irritating idiot - it's time to get rid of him. I should get a medal for dating him - he's been married and divorced 3 times so I don't think it's me nitpicking his irritating habits.

You're STILL WITH him???? This thread was started two months ago..... !!

When we're anywhere - sitting together on the couch, dining at a restaurant or sitting in a movie theater - he bounces his leg repeatedly. This never ends - if we're lying in bed together he's rubbing his feet back and forth making a constant swishing sound (his legs stretched out with feet crossed rubbing together). If it ain't a bouncy knee or leg or him swishing his feet he's doing things in public that ANNOY the heck out of me.

I have a condition called Restless Leg Syndrome. It's painful. Constantly. I move my legs non-stop because the off and on flexing of the muscle alleviates the pain just a bit. I tighten, I stretch, I flex, I move, I bounce, I shake. I do it all - I can't help. I hurt.

At night, my legs shake on their own. They kick, they jerk and I have no control over it.

Who knows - maybe he's got the same thing.