Employee theft - what would YOU do?

Your friend is an enabler. Since she won't do it, you should call the store manager and ask for the phone number of the regional manager and then report it to both of them. If there is no regional, find the owner of the business from the secretary of state taxable entities search.

I've had this done to me in the distant past. I have also seen cashiers not ringing up a lot of items for people going through the line and giving them special treatment due to race, which I find particularly irksome. I always report them right there before I leave the store and point them out since I usually don't have a name.

Facts: Store is a boutique. Clerk said they, don't give receipts on sale items."

Maybe this is because they are NOT RETURNABLE??

Jeez. I'm with Sycamore here. Why are you trying to open an investigation into something that makes complete sense?

Also, the most intelligent way to take a bite out of crime here would be to simply call the manager/owner/whatever and ask if they give receipts on sale items. Mystery solved.

A lot better than making up stories that could get someone in trouble.

Because this wouldn't happen. It is illegal not to give a receipt regardless of an item being returnable or not. Doesn't matter if you are in NY or any other part of the US.

Your friend is an enabler. Since she won't do it, you should call the store manager and ask for the phone number of the regional manager and then report it to both of them. If there is no regional, find the owner of the business from the secretary of state taxable entities search.

I've had this done to me in the distant past. I have also seen cashiers not ringing up a lot of items for people going through the line and giving them special treatment due to race, which I find particularly irksome. I always report them right there before I leave the store and point them out since I usually don't have a name.

What will happen in the food industry, is a cashier not ringing up an order correctly, have it listed as employee meal - which for some food concepts would be free - and then pocket the money.

Tayla, I’m very ‘receipt conscious’ so I knew about the information in the link. And…..I’m not going to pursue or even bring up to friend again, but thank

Guess she decided to pay herself a hefty bonus before getting canned.

You are most welcome! Its refreshing to know you carry a level of consumer awareness.

Another poster seemed less verse... so it goes.