In dating, how important is social status?

• Author
I wouldn't say it's high on the priority list, but it definitely makes things easier.

I've never dated anyone inside my "social circle," and to be honest that caused many problems. Financially I can afford some things that they could not, so either I spent more of my money allowing them that opportunity, or just not doing the activity. For example I travel alot, none of my exes could afford it, therefore I didn't travel (happy to say I've been single for a year and been travelling alot, best time ever! would be nice if I could share it with someone though, its lonely.)

When I dated Russian guys, all was good. They ate all my food, could communicate with my family etc. The non-Russians gave me grief for my mentality, accusing me of mean things when this is just the way I was brought up. They didn't understand it and gave me a hard time for it. Not cool.

So like I initially said, it's not necessary but it does make a lot of things easier.

It's a problem if you have to limit your life in order to accommodate your SO isn't it?

Are you ok with spending your money on them so you can both do your activities?

And why don't you date within your social circle?

• Author
Trying to tell the OP that there are women out there that are not as judgemental on a mans income as other women are

Sounds like they judge looks or maybe sex, which essentially is just as bad as material things.