Am I totally overstepping the boundaries here?

Did you ever see the movie "When Harry Met Sally"? There is some of the funniest - and most true - dialogue in there ever. Harry says that men and women can never be friends because the sex thing always gets in the way.

Now, I think there are obvious exceptions - gay friends, friends since childhood, horrendously malformed or ugly friends, etc., but for the most part - I don't think his statement is untrue.

Now, you don't think your husband would dig this. Why? Is it because he's not retarded? You are playing with fire. You may not think you are attracted to this guy - but obviously you are on some level or you'd let it go. A simple "Hey, you take care - I'm not comfortable with the direction this has taken but I wish you all the best" would get the job done and I'm sure you know that.

But hey, give me your husband's email address and I'll start up a friendship with him.

Chew on that for a bit and see how you feel. Picture me looking or acting any way you want in this scenario - and then do what you'd like your husband to do if the shoe was on his foot. Because you don't know - someday it may well be.