Dating is mega hard

cookiemonster26

I found that "party guys" are usually douches and a big red flag. Maybe try to see prior to arranging a date if they r into partying and immature than don't arrange a date. Maybe try dating older men, single dads or divorcees who might be much more respectful of your time. Don't be discouraged, online dating sucks for everyone :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Author
I found that "party guys" are usually douches and a big red flag. Maybe try to see prior to arranging a date if they r into partying and immature than don't arrange a date. Maybe try dating older men, single dads or divorcees who might be much more respectful of your time. Don't be discouraged, online dating sucks for everyone :laugh:

I wasn't gonna hold going out on sat night with his buddies against him I can do that and still keep my date the next day but I guess he can't.

I don't mind single men with children but since I have no EX in my picture I can get guys without children interested so I tend to go for them, I want a second child with someone special so I am not fond of the idea of taking on already grown children nothing wrong with that I just wanna have the experience again in the future of having my own from birth.

Me too, but I'm 32 now and getting the same. I might start dating women in their 40's.

well it could be the women too.

I was thinking most women I met were either still in school or they have so much going on. I can't see them having a good relationship, if they don't even want to make an effort for it.

I don't know maybe it gets harder with age too.

I just know a lot of older people seem to tell me finding someone.... just happens when you least expect it. It's like you don't even go looking for them, and boom! you run into someone some how randomly and hit it off.

I just find it hard to believe though..... it's never happened to me as of yet.

To be fair I made my rant because I was truly disappointed we had an ass load in common and I was pretty thrilled to meet the guy.

I know what you mean....

This happened to me too.

Met this girl online, we have a coffee date, I thought it went fairly well. She thanks me for coffee through text.

We meet for date 2 and **** goes odd, it's like some how the connection was broken or something. Then, neither of us texted after that date.

It sucked, because we had a good first date, we had amazing conversations through text. And, then 1 bad date blows it all away. It's probably more ****ty, because we feel like things went well or could get better.

So I get why you are venting out.... sometimes we just need to let it out.

• Like 1
  • Author
I know what you mean....

This happened to me too.

Met this girl online, we have a coffee date, I thought it went fairly well. She thanks me for coffee through text.

We meet for date 2 and **** goes odd, it's like some how the connection was broken or something. Then, neither of us texted after that date.

It sucked, because we had a good first date, we had amazing conversations through text. And, then 1 bad date blows it all away. It's probably more ****ty, because we feel like things went well or could get better.

So I get why you are venting out.... sometimes we just need to let it out.

At least you made it to the date lol I didn't even get to meet the guy on his own invitation lmao.

Thanks for sharing :)

On a good note ive made various friends at my new job well that is now no longer new because its been months have hung out with co workers outside of work and im the top money raiser for children in my province which im really proud of to help families so my drive to succeed has been awesome.

Edited by Omei
At least you made it to the date lol I didn't even get to meet the guy on his own invitation lmao.

Thanks for sharing :)

On a good note ive made various friends at my new job well that is now no longer new because its been months have hung out with co workers outside of work and im the top money raiser for children in my province which im really proud of to help families so my drive to succeed has been awesome.

I always show up to the dates. If I make a plan I stick to it otherwise it's disrespectful to the woman. Unless it's an emergency, which has happened when a family member was in the hospital.

Also, I want to give each women at least 1 fair chance. If I just shrug her off, then I might be missing out. So, I rather give it a shot and see how it goes.

I guess I'm just tired now.. it's been 2 months, and I've out all of my weekend dating sometimes even friday nights. I just feel burned out and exhausted.

And like I just wanted a **** load of money and time.

• Like 1
well it could be the women too.

I was thinking most women I met were either still in school or they have so much going on. I can't see them having a good relationship, if they don't even want to make an effort for it.

I don't know maybe it gets harder with age too.

I just know a lot of older people seem to tell me finding someone.... just happens when you least expect it. It's like you don't even go looking for them, and boom! you run into someone some how randomly and hit it off.

I just find it hard to believe though..... it's never happened to me as of yet.

Well once you get in your late 20's most people are either married or in relationships. The remaining are either holding out for something, or overwhelmed with options as they have many. So they don't easily invest 100% into somebody just cause he's kinda cute.

It doesn't matter whether you're looking or not, women who are interested will send you signs. So you go out and do your thing, the same women are gonna like you whether or not you're looking, not looking or interested in them.

• Like 1

This guy cancelling last minute had nothing to do with you being a single mom at all. It's probably his bad manners and immaturity.

I know lots of singles with no kids, yet I have divorced friends with kids who have no trouble in relationships.

The suggestion of dating single dads is a good one though.

There are so many single parents these days. I agree that at a young age it can be a little off putting, but as you get older you have to get realistic.

• Like 1
Simpleoldschool

The dating game has changed. Everyone compartmentalizes what is is they are suppose to do, how they are suppose to act, what they are suppose to have , what they are suppose to say and most of that comes from internet sources, threads and other peoples opinions in general and it never seems like while someone is getting to know someone else they form their own opinions about that person themselves. Usually people always see whats wrong someone and try to change it and that's when people wind up hating each other.

The second most obvious reason is because people are inundated with a negative outlook as far as dating is concerned as a whole. Dating isn't dating anymore, its a third-degree interview where you get a check mark or you don't and check marks are given for shallow reasons.

In my opinion People expect to have fun with someone not be told no or feel like less of a person because the other person says their potential suitors cup is half empty. i'm sure you feel the same. A committed relationship takes a commitment to love that can be reciprocated and that's all about being non-judgmental. You might be doing that and you might not. You have a child, that's a fact but you as I'm sure you know are going to have to put a man first in your life if you want a significant relationship and if he is any kind of man because of that you and your child will be taken care of. Something some single mothers apparently seem to overlook.

My suggestion: tone down your standards. get to know people and if you feel like working something out with someone tell them and then work together. Finding someone like that is going to be your most difficult challenge though, Good luck.

P.S. theres someone on this forum in the dating section looking for a single mom.

• Like 1

I recently met up with a nice guy.. took about 2 months. although first meeting was postponed as he was tired from the night before.

After we met up finally he asked me out again. Then told me he was tired and would let me know if he had a nap. 6pm comes along and he says 'sorry hes going to bed early'

Asked me out again a week later and I made a joke and said 'could do tomorrow night if you aren't sleeping' He replied early next morning saying he only got 5 hours sleep so prob will be sleeping.'

Huge slap in the face so I said it was time to forget about him. He still msgs me asking how I am. He posted on my wall AND msged on my birthday. Ive already been on a date with another guy since. He is clearly 'emotionally unavailable'. Haven't got time for it. I always seem to find the time wasters.

loveweary11

I actually don't consider women with children for anything serious, simply because I don't want kids... and that's exactly what I'd get in a LTR with a woman with children.

I'm thinking this guy would have done the same, kids or no kids, though.

This is one great reason why I don't make much effort with how I look on dates.

I do all the same prep as I do to get to work on the morning or to pop out for lunch with a friend.

I have found it makes no blind bit of difference to the actual date.

I recall one time where I had been chatting for about a week to a guy on OLD, he seemed sound and we arranged we'd meet up in London on the Saturday.

I got up, replied to a text he had sent, got showered and dressed as normal, heard nothing from him and had been planning to leave around 11am.

He did reply, he replied at 12 noon though. By that time I had gone online and found out World Pride Day was on in London, had bought my ticket and was on the train.

He said he was helping a friend out with whatever it was - DIY or something.

I had an awesome day!

I spent a couple of hours sitting with a guy named Oliver outside a bar where I had gone for a beer. He had been to the Gay Pride March earlier in the day and he was a total gem! We talked about our lives and everything - only because he sat at my table as there was a seat free. We started out all polite and then just made friends. :)

He told me all about when he came out and that he hadn't come out until he was 40. He still had issues with his Dad over it but his Mum he adored and she was so cool with it - said she had sussed it 20 years prior.

We had our beers - bought each other drinks too - went our separate ways and I went off to take a look at the music. Tiny little festival going on outside the British Museum!

I saw Boy George! (wow do I feel old! Lol!) Gok Wan was hosting..and I can't remember all the musicians I saw but I had a good old boogie.

I got home around 11pm after the music was all done and aside from Oliver there were a few more lovely folk I met too.

The OLD guy became very interested in me and mailed me several times after that, even gave me his FB account.

I never did friend him nor did I ever reply again and he mailed me about 6 times but I have him to thank for a great day out!

I think his name was Dave.. Thanks Dave! :D:

• Like 2