Talking to someone with a long distance boyfriend

computersandsuch

I'm going to call her Monday. I really think she will meet if I ask her on the phone rather than text. She's weird like that. Very stubborn via text but sweet on the phone. She told me that she never texts first, and she tells me to call her whenever she wants to talk. She does not like to call me because she's old fashioned. She has called me before when she was drunk though.

Well keep us posted on your situation. If she agrees to meet, shows up, and what happens from there.

It is odd that she would drunk-call you but is old fashioned about calling/texting in general. She doesn't sound very mature, especially for someone studying to be a doctor.

• Like 1
  • Author
computersandsuch

I will definitly let you guys know what happens. Thanks for all your input!

• Author
computersandsuch

It appears that she deleted or blocked me on snapchat. She isn't on my friends list anymore.

It appears that she deleted or blocked me on snapchat. She isn't on my friends list anymore.

Her boyfriend is in town, so she's going to hide all traces of you. What do you expect?

I'm betting she'll add you back once he's gone. Is this really something you want? If you were to ever get involved, what would keep her from doing the same to you?

• Like 1
  • Author
computersandsuch
Her boyfriend is in town, so she's going to hide all traces of you. What do you expect?

I'm betting she'll add you back once he's gone. Is this really something you want? If you were to ever get involved, what would keep her from doing the same to you?

Good question. I have a hard time calling him her boyfriend when he's across the country and she doesn't even call him that. That's why I keep talking to her. I believe she will end it with him if she'll meet me in person.

Good question. I have a hard time calling him her boyfriend when he's across the country and she doesn't even call him that. That's why I keep talking to her. I believe she will end it with him if she'll meet me in person.

I figured, and that's why I said it. He is her boyfriend.

You need to recognize that. He is her boyfriend, and she is emotionally cheating.

If she meets you, she may cross the line and physically cheat.

That shows no respect for a bond and promise made in the relationship she is in with her long distance boyfriend.

Think of the long-term consequences for you, if you guys do get together. What would be different? Why would she suddenly respect your relationship?

• Like 1

She did?! I bet her boyfriend is in town like minime13 suggests. That's a huge red flag. If she were truly interested in you romantically she wouldn't do that. Well, she also wouldn't have a boyfriend.

Regardless of that, he is still her boyfriend. She's been juggling her time between him and you. Delete her phone number and just try to forget about her. Focus on meeting a woman offline to date somehow, whether its through your social network or through your hobbies or work. But this med student whom you've been chatting with has been wasting your time.

maybe she is just talking to him as a friend. women do that no? iv had women do this and i thought they liked me more than a friend cos why else would she talk every day to a guy?!!

maybe she is just talking to him as a friend. women do that no? iv had women do this and i thought they liked me more than a friend cos why else would she talk every day to a guy?!!

Sure we do, but we don't hide it.

• Author
computersandsuch

Yes. He's in town for the weekend. First time they've seen each other since last year. She has mentioned more than once that she wants to be friends with me and maybe something more eventually. I'm keeping my options open. I'm back on dating sites again.

• Author
computersandsuch

I would not physically cheat with her. That would be too far in my opinion. Anyway, she is from a super religious household and is waiting until marriage.

Don't worry too much about it OP. She's one woman. Definitely keep your options open.

• Like 1
  • Author
computersandsuch

I just keep telling myself that he will be gone Sunday night. He will be gone again for a year and I can call her Monday to see if she will finally meet. IF she unblocks my number or SnapChat that is. She told me more than once that she doesn't know if she can be with someone who she never talks to. She really is a nice girl from a very conservative and religious family. Who knows, I might not even like her once we've met. I just want the opportunity.

Edited by computersandsuch
  • Author
computersandsuch

Just as I thought, she added me back as a friend on SnapChat around 3:00 p.m. Sunday. Sent me a picture of herself about an hour later said something about the picture of my cat I had posted a picture of. I replied around 10:00 saying I didn't have the energy to deal with her today. She said, "that's nice." I went to bed after that. I was really tired from working out and playing tennis. Plan on calling her soon. I have a big interview for a job promotion tomorrow and need to focus on that tonight.

Just as I thought, she added me back as a friend on SnapChat around 3:00 p.m. Sunday. Sent me a picture of herself about an hour later said something about the picture of my cat I had posted a picture of. I replied around 10:00 saying I didn't have the energy to deal with her today. She said, "that's nice." I went to bed after that. I was really tired from working out and playing tennis. Plan on calling her soon. I have a big interview for a job promotion tomorrow and need to focus on that tonight.

Well if you need more proof that she's just using you as a placement holder, I think you have it. I know you want the opportunity to date women. But she's not single. So, why her?

You have been communicating 10 weeks and haven't met in person, yet you live in the same city as this girl?

That would be all the answer I need.

Why are you so hung up on this gal anyway?

Why? She's a very deceitful person. She is hiding you from her BF. She has no moral character. Why do you want such a person in your life? At best you are her dirty little secret.

Good luck on your interview

Why? She's a very deceitful person. She is hiding you from her BF. She has no moral character. Why do you want such a person in your life? At best you are her dirty little secret.

Good luck on your interview

TBH OP sounds lonely :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
computersandsuch
TBH OP sounds lonely :-(

I'll agree that I'm pretty lonely. I'm trying though. I'm on a ton of dating sites and asked someone out at work recently. Unfortunately, she was moving in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I have have an update. My chatting buddy added me back on SnapChat Sunday afternoon. I'm guessing after her friend left. He normally posts every little thing he's doing on Facebook, and so far he hasn't posted anything. Neither has she.

She began to send me Snaps of herself Sunday night like nothing had happened. We talked like that for two hours that night. We've continue talking like normal this past week.

She spent this past weekend partying with her med school friends out of town. She sent me a few pictures including a pretty risque' picture of herself in her bathing suit when she could tell I was not happy. She had sent previously sent me a pic of herself getting into the shower a long time ago, but she was covered by a towel. I told her we "need to talk" and she called me from the party. I told her that we're meeting Sunday or I'm never talking to her again.

She didn't meet me this weekend because she didn't wake up until 3:00 p.m on Sunday and was hungover. She also didn't wake up until past 3:00 on Monday and felt sick. I asked her if she was nervous about meeting and she said no she was actually sick.

She is still on Tinder. She actually noticed that I was back on there and asked why I didn't "like" her. I told her because we are already talking. She also said that she isn't going to "meet anybody on there except you, I'll probably meet you."

Someone on another website brought up the fact that because she comes from an extremely conservative and religious family and she has never really had to work because of her family's wealth that she is probably "sheltered." She also has only had one relationship and it was with this guy that she rarely talks to or sees so she doesn't know how relationships work. I agree with that. They also said that she doesn't have a "boyfriend" because of all the things I have mentioned regarding them never seeing each other, defining their relationship, or being intimate. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading.

• Author
computersandsuch

I'm really beginning to think she doesn't want me to know she's gained weight. All of her Tinder pics are old and she was thin then. She only sends me pics of her face and cleavage. She also got really nervous when she thought we were about to bump into each other at a restaurant while we were talking on the phone once.

Edited by computersandsuch