Why does it seem like there are more male late bloomers than female late bloomers?

BronzeAgeJaeger217

Men reach maturity a bit slower than women, typically reaching full maturity around age 83.

• Like 1
As a 47 year old, I can tell you that men do not start ignoring women after 35, lol. Not in the least.

Some men value women for far more than their youth or the beauty of youth. They value women who listen to them and laugh with them and make them feel like a million bucks, women who have passions in common with them so they are on a similar wavelength, women who have had life experiences that they have learned from and gained wisdom from, women who are compassionate and confident and caring, women who are...

I think it's really insulting to men and sells men short when people claim men only care about young, hot bodies.

Correct, it's all relative to the mans age and place in his life. men do NOT lose interest and ignore women over 35. In fact a 35 year old women who is not obese and not as messed up as a slow-motion train wreck is young, HOTTAY! that is probably out of my league to me.

The men that ignore 35+ year old women are under-30 year old, never married, no kids men that can get never married, no kids women in their 20s.

At my age, I wouldn't give a woman that might want to have more kids the time of day. I'd have sex with her if that's all she wanted but I'd never pursue or develop a relationship with a fertile woman wanting children and a family.

I'd be happy as a hog in slop with a 40 year old with teenage kids who just wants them out of the house to get out and have a life of her own again.

(I'm 51 and I have several more years till mine are out of the house)

• Author
BronzeAgeJaeger217
Uh, no.

Believe me when I say women age 35+ get tons of messages and have a number of men to choose from. Enough so that virtually none will leave a reply message if they are not interested. And I'm just talking about the ones I message. The ones who are hot I can't even imagine.

I have no idea where that theory came from. I hear it all the time and it's total garbage.

I guess some dating gurus have brainwashed me

Negative Nancy
women's value on the mating market declines as they get older, in some ways I like to think of that as life, reality, giving women karma

Sorry brah, not going to happen. I haven't seen any evidence that men's and women's sexual market value inversely changes with their age. That's just something men say to feel better about having no power in their youth. 40 year old women still get their pick from dozens of suitors. It's just some revenge fantasy that some loser men have, similar to the "someday the good looking popular jocks that bullied me in high school will be working for the nerd losers" nonsense. :rolleyes:

Uh, no.

Believe me when I say women age 35+ get tons of messages and have a number of men to choose from. Enough so that virtually none will leave a reply message if they are not interested. And I'm just talking about the ones I message. The ones who are hot I can't even imagine.

I have no idea where that theory came from. I hear it all the time and it's total garbage.

Exactly. There will always be thirsty beta shlubs around. Don't be mad at me, I'm only the messenger. Nature made it so that men inherently are more disposable than women, always been like that, always will be.

Correct, it's all relative to the mans age and place in his life. men do NOT lose interest and ignore women over 35. In fact a 35 year old women who is not obese and not as messed up as a slow-motion train wreck is young, HOTTAY! that is probably out of my league to me.

Very true, to a point.

A unicorn single woman aged 35 who has no kids and doesn't want any is potentially very desirable. Hard to find too.

More typical is the 35 year old who has a couple teenagers who "will always be first in her life" and who is possibly collecting child support and maybe a little alimony. OK for a fun time, *IF* that's all she is after but it's probably not. So it's either lie to her and use her (not cool) or put up with her (and her teenage kids) sh*t.

Another somewhat common one is the 35 year old woman who has paid attention to her career and is now thinking "wow, I'm single and successful but my bio-clock is really ticking fast ..." and is out on the hunt for a guy to father a kid or two, and is not interesting in wasting time at it. Are you the right guy? Eh, if not you'll at least make a great wallet later.

Another thing, its harsh, cruel, and a paradox, catch-22, the older a guy gets and is inexperienced, the more women refuse to give him a chance because of his inexperience, so maybe some guys should lie

How about just not bringing it up? Truthfully though most women say they wouldn't want to date a player most probably don't ask their boyfriends how many women they've slept with. And they probably would lose respect for a man who is still a virgin after a certain age.

Better to just stay quiet and give women the impression that you have a hundred options. Players wouldn't get women if women didn't like them.

Sorry brah, not going to happen. I haven't seen any evidence that men's and women's sexual market value inversely changes with their age. That's just something men say to feel better about having no power in their youth. 40 year old women still get their pick from dozens of suitors. It's just some revenge fantasy that some loser men have, similar to the "someday the good looking popular jocks that bullied me in high school will be working for the nerd losers" nonsense. :rolleyes:

You can blame Hollywood for that. Many of the jerks and players in high school go on to become very successful and end up with a hot wife. Karma is just a fantasy.

Edited by AVarma
  • Author
BronzeAgeJaeger217
How about just not bringing it up? Truthfully though most women say they wouldn't want to date a player most probably don't ask their boyfriends how many women they've slept with. And they probably would lose respect for a man who is still a virgin after a certain age.

Better to just stay quiet and give women the impression that you have a hundred options. Players wouldn't get women if women didn't like them.

You can blame Hollywood for that. Many of the jerks and players in high school go on to become very successful and end up with a hot wife. Karma is just a fantasy.

Well then how come on online dating sites, women in their 20's still get the most messages flooded into their inbox more than any other age-range of women?

JuneJulySeptember
Well then how come on online dating sites, women in their 20's still get the most messages flooded into their inbox more than any other age-range of women?

Because there are more single guys in their 20s than there are in their 30s and 40s.

What does that have to do with anything?

If a guy isn't attractive and he doesn't put himself out there it's actually fairly easy to become a late bloomer.

If a guy isn't attractive and he doesn't put himself out there it's actually fairly easy to become a late bloomer.

Whats putting yourself out there?

• Author
BronzeAgeJaeger217
Whats putting yourself out there?

basically going out, mainly getting out as in having a large social circle, a large group of friends