My parents have just destroyed my life

bubbaganoosh
I think my bf just wants to keep our relationship going and bury his head in the sand.

Honestly, I think your boyfriend wants to bury his head in something more then sand and the head your talking about is his little head.

My advice to you? Get the test done and stop seeing your boyfriend until you have the results. By continuing to see him under these conditions only makes it worse.

I really think you should seek out a counselor for your own mental stability. It's your life that has taken such a big hit.

Right now you have to deal with your parents behavior and to make matters worse having relations with someone who just may be your sibling there comes a time when the consequences of the adults in this mess have to step up and take their lumps. They caused it and by hiding their mistakes tells me that they only care about themselves.

All in all, you do what you need to do for you and you alone. Let the chips fall where they may. They caused this problem so let them deal with the fall out but they have no right putting it on your shoulders.

I wish you only the best and I hope you find your answers.

• Author
Get the test done and stop seeing your boyfriend until you have the results. By continuing to see him under these conditions only makes it worse.

Just to be clear I am not sleeping with my bf and have not since I found out about all this. I am still seeing him and he is keen to continue as I have said before but he doesn't press the issue out of respect. I know this might sound silly but regardless of how the tests turn out I still love him and hope that if we do turn out to be related that we can have a future together (as brother/sister obviously).

On a positive note we are having the test this Wednesday and should have results the following week. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that we are not related both for our future together and so I don't have to deal with our past that I doubt I'll ever be able to get over if we do turn out to be related.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Methodical
NOT related !!

F**k yeah !!!!!!

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Wow, this is so good to hear. ((HUGS))

Do I sense you are gonna run and jump his bones?? :-D.

Edited by Methodical
  • Like 1
mrs rubble
NOT related !!

F**k yeah !!!!!!

So pleased for you!! Have an awesome weekend celebrating.:):)

• 1 month later...
  • Author

So we have now broken up. He couldn't keep it in his pants when we were working through finding out our sibling status. He claims we were split up.

He's probably technically correct and I may have even considered forgiving a once off but it was much more than that. And he didn't even have the decency to go out of our circle of friends, he could have at least done that. It's so embarrassing that just about everyone knew but me and thankful that one person had the guts to tell me to my face.

I just jump from one train wreck to the next. What an awesome life I lead. It's pretty pointless at this stage.

Sorry to be a downer.

• Like 1

On the contrary. You are now FREE to become and achieve anything you want. PLEASE don't focus on whether or not you have a boyfriend. You are WAY too young for that to be your major focus. I've watched HALF of DD24's friends more or less ruin their lives and their future because they felt they just HAD to have a boyfriend and, thus, either gave up college to stay with him or got pregnant and thus just made any other future (getting a career, making real money, buying a nice house, taking vacations, etc.) out of the question or, at least, nearly impossible.

Her friends who didn't go down that path - who focused on getting good grades/scholarships, who got involved in sports or choir or dance or science - are now all graduated from college, starting GREAT careers, and are now meeting equally great men who will be their equals, earn good money, and be able to afford all those things you want out of life.

Far from pointless. Start planning your future.

• Like 3

He did you a massive favor.

You found out this now, about his character ... not when you had a couple of kids by him.

Also, many reading this thread did not like him anyway because he was OK with sex while it wasn't sure if you two were related.

In regards to your parents ... i would not be so mad about your mother, she did the right thing in the end.

Your dad ... well, it depends if he had a hand in this whole thing ... but keep in mind, cop = control freak, always true.

• Like 1
  • Author
In regards to your parents ... i would not be so mad about your mother, she did the right thing in the end.

Your dad ... well, it depends if he had a hand in this whole thing ... but keep in mind, cop = control freak, always true.

Well maybe she did the right thing. I think the money for the tests came from her via my Aunty but I'm not sure. What I know for certain is that none of them know the results of the tests. My Aunty swore me to secrecy and reiterated it again before I found out the results, she doesn't even know herself so she can't tell mom.

That's a pretty messed up situation isn't it? But they're all happy now that we have split up, no more possibility of sibling sex... glad they're happy.

I have no idea how or when but as soon as I can I will be moving away, this family, in fact this whole sexed up town is toxic. My exbf will fit in well.

The only person I can trust is my bff, but even she has her faults, her homelife is not that good and she wants us to just leave together now and see how it goes. Don't worry, I'm a bit more level headed than that :) But I do need to get out. Now that I know who is sleeping with who from my Aunty there's virtually no-one here that is who they pretend to be. To illustrate that point I very nearly told my school counselor who I was very close to about everything, I now know she is like the queen of organizing these swingers parties in this town.

I just need a fresh start with genuine people.

• Like 1
Well maybe she did the right thing. I think the money for the tests came from her via my Aunty but I'm not sure. What I know for certain is that none of them know the results of the tests. My Aunty swore me to secrecy and reiterated it again before I found out the results, she doesn't even know herself so she can't tell mom.

That's a pretty messed up situation isn't it? But they're all happy now that we have split up, no more possibility of sibling sex... glad they're happy.

I have no idea how or when but as soon as I can I will be moving away, this family, in fact this whole sexed up town is toxic. My exbf will fit in well.

The only person I can trust is my bff, but even she has her faults, her homelife is not that good and she wants us to just leave together now and see how it goes. Don't worry, I'm a bit more level headed than that :) But I do need to get out. Now that I know who is sleeping with who from my Aunty there's virtually no-one here that is who they pretend to be. To illustrate that point I very nearly told my school counselor who I was very close to about everything, I now know she is like the queen of organizing these swingers parties in this town.

I just need a fresh start with genuine people.

OP, what your parents did wrong is not that they are swingers, that is their choice and nobody forced their hand into it, they went willingly.

What they did wrong is :

- had kids without knowing genetic history [as far as you know]

- very nearly placed their content above their child

Focus on those things, the swinging part is something different.

As for your ex-bf, for the future continue listening to your gut, because it was right and develop boundaries with it.

His fault is thinking with his little head.

But I do need to get out.
College is the smartest way out of town. Focus on your grades and getting scholarships.
  • Like 1
  • Author
College is the smartest way out of town. Focus on your grades and getting scholarships.

I'm working on it. I pretty much have a guaranteed place at the University of Florida (my grades get me in but family connections help as well) but given all that has happened I'm not so sure I want to take advantage of that anymore. It is also only 3 hours away (I live in Venice) so I'm not sure that's far enough away. But yes I will be going to college it's just that lifelong plans are now being reconsidered as to where.

On a totally unrelated note, but something that I found really interesting, a friend pointed me to an article that suggested that Sarasota (just up the road from me) was the number 1 sexiest city based on nightlife, lingerie stores, adult stores, adult entertainment and massage parlors. Who would have though? My parents fit right in, lol.

Not sure if links are allowed (sorry if they're not but I found this interesting, well it gave me a laugh at least). These Are The 10 Sexiest Small Cities In America - Movoto

Feel better today than yesterday. The light at the end of the tunnel is shining a little brighter.

I'm working on it. I pretty much have a guaranteed place at the University of Florida (my grades get me in but family connections help as well) but given all that has happened I'm not so sure I want to take advantage of that anymore. It is also only 3 hours away (I live in Venice) so I'm not sure that's far enough away. But yes I will be going to college it's just that lifelong plans are now being reconsidered as to where.

On a totally unrelated note, but something that I found really interesting, a friend pointed me to an article that suggested that Sarasota (just up the road from me) was the number 1 sexiest city based on nightlife, lingerie stores, adult stores, adult entertainment and massage parlors. Who would have though? My parents fit right in, lol.

Not sure if links are allowed (sorry if they're not but I found this interesting, well it gave me a laugh at least). These Are The 10 Sexiest Small Cities In America - Movoto

Feel better today than yesterday. The light at the end of the tunnel is shining a little brighter.

You got a good head on your shoulders, Ren, think you're gonna do really well in life ;)

NOT related !!

F**k yeah !!!!!!

I am so happy for this news for you! And also that your aunt (and really, your mom too, since she initiated it with your aunt) came through for you!!

:))