Are my standards too high?

• Author
So you're a short black guy with nerdy hobbies that's a devout Christian.

Yeah, you will likely have to lower your standards. Women will not date shorter than them so that eliminates many options right there. Also, this country is becoming less religious. The devout Christians tend to be white and conservative (meaning that they likely won't date out of their race).

In my opinion, it's very clear why you are having a tough time dating.

I'm actually tall (6'3"), black, and nerdy.

As for the christian thing, there are christian people of every race.

Penguin_hugs

I have a friend who fits all of those criteria- she's religious, obsessed by anime, works in STEM, good looking etc- and a tad kooky.

I remember other friends saying that she'd probably be the last to settle down

Yet- she proved everyone wrong- she found her exact equal online, they've been together 3 years, recently got a flat together and bets are on that she'll be the first to get hitched!

They are so alike it's crazy and they have the perfect relationship for them

Basically what I am saying OP, is that people are out there that fit your standards- but they just don't come knocking on your front door!

I think my friend met her BF on facebook- they had a mutual friend and they started commenting on a thread about anime and arguing their points of view massively!

calvincline47
I'm actually tall (6'3"), black, and nerdy.

As for the christian thing, there are christian people of every race.

Sorry about. I may have confused you with a different poster.

You should be good then, especially with that height. I have black friends that are your height and nerdy to boot and they completely clean up with women.

It's likely either the Christian thing or your location.

calvincline47
I have a friend who fits all of those criteria- she's religious, obsessed by anime, works in STEM, good looking etc- and a tad kooky.

I remember other friends saying that she'd probably be the last to settle down

Yet- she proved everyone wrong- she found her exact equal online, they've been together 3 years, recently got a flat together and bets are on that she'll be the first to get hitched!

They are so alike it's crazy and they have the perfect relationship for them

Basically what I am saying OP, is that people are out there that fit your standards- but they just don't come knocking on your front door!

I think my friend met her BF on facebook- they had a mutual friend and they started commenting on a thread about anime and arguing their points of view massively!

You're talking about women though. OP is a man. He can't just jump online and magically have the girl of his dreams appear without any effort at all. That ONLY happens with women.

Penguin_hugs
You're talking about women though. OP is a man. He can't just jump online and magically have the girl of his dreams appear without any effort at all. That ONLY happens with women.

I mean- there are women out there who fit his criteria- that's all. I used my friend as an example because she fits his criteria.

• Author
Sorry about. I may have confused you with a different poster.

You should be good then, especially with that height. I have black friends that are your height and nerdy to boot and they completely clean up with women.

It's likely either the Christian thing or your location.

I'm tall but I'm kind of goofy looking, while I'm not obese or anything, I'm also not in shape. I also have scoliosis (spine doesn't go straight down it curves) but its not very noticeable since its high up my spine, one of my hands also was born funny the fingers don't stretch out and I have no use of my fingertips on that hand. Small things like this maybe somehow affecting my appearance.

Plus I'm not that good in social situations.

calvincline47
I'm tall but I'm kind of goofy looking, while I'm not obese or anything, I'm also not in shape. I also have scoliosis (spine doesn't go straight down it curves) but its not very noticeable since its high up my spine, one of my hands also was born funny the fingers don't stretch out and I have no use of my fingertips on that hand. Small things like this maybe somehow affecting my appearance.

Plus I'm not that good in social situations.

I doubt that women won't date you because you have "funny fingers".

Tall guys don't really have to be in shape and, to some extent, don't even need to really be good socially to attract women.

Do you ever talk to women outside of cold approaches? Do you have a social circle where you can meet women?