The best case scenario would be reconciliation while the worst case possible is divorce

I'd switch "best case" and "worst case".

• Like 1
  • Author

yesterday i went to my house and wife wanted to talk but only after my appointment with the counselor. I was ready for the worst because my experience tells me that nothing good comes when a woman wants to talk. I was shocked when she told me that we should erased the past and begin with a clean slate(from cero) I moved to my house again and even share bed with her but no sex yet. Since i am a good husband maybe she missed me? or maybe this proves she cheated? I dont know if i made the right decision but i missed her and my home so much. I will be taking anger managment lessons because i want to be a better man but i think i learned the lesson to never assault a woman again. ten days of pain , away from my home and my wife taught me the lesson. Thanks everyone for take your time and give advice to my thread. Good day to you

"Erasing everything that happened" means rug-sweeping. She doesn't want to deal with it, she doesn't want consequences, she wants you to be a good dog and just deal with it. Honestly, that's just another red flag.

• Like 1
"Erasing everything that happened" means rug-sweeping. She doesn't want to deal with it, she doesn't want consequences, she wants you to be a good dog and just deal with it. Honestly, that's just another red flag.

Or maybe she doesn't want to get hit again. As crappy as it sounds to bring it up, it is a reality.

acrosstheuniverse

There are a few lines you just don't cross in a marriage or a relationship, and the two most important are infidelity and physical violence. You guys are broken. Get out now.

• Like 1
barcode88

OP she may have cheated on you which is terrible. However, by striking her in the face, you are just as terrible if not worse.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater
Actually, people can push you to violence and that is nothing new. If you haven't had someone take you there congrats. But if you have, then you can understand. Now, I'm not saying hitting people is right but I do understand where those feelings come from.

I'm throwing the BS flag on this play. Violence, like infidelity, is always a choice, and nearly always a choice borne out of poor coping skills.

When I was younger, I was always ready for a fight. But then I grew up.

Not to say by any stretch I wouldn't slug somebody now who I thought had it coming, but it would be a conscious choice, mindful of the possible consequences. I sure wouldn't pass it off as "well, he made me do it."

• Like 1
Chi townD

Hmm....

Well, first off, hitting ANYONE is wrong. Doesn't matter if it's a guy hitting and girl or a girl hitting a guy. That's WAY out of line and you SHOULD be going through anger management classes and thank your lucky stars that she didn't call the cops on you and get your ass thrown in jail.

But... that punch might be very telling too.

The fact that she didn't press charges on you and even invited you back in the house may tell you something. If she was completely innocent and you went ahead punched her in the face, she would have rained hell down on you. Called the cops, get you thrown in jail, press charges and throw you to the court system AND get a restraining order out on you. But, she didn't do that.

So, MAYBE she did cheat on you. You punched her and her guilt may have told her that she deserved it after what she did to you. She may be looking at this as if the to of you are even now. She cheated on you, you got your revenge and punished her. Now, things are even. So, she invites you back under the solution that the two of you now have "a clean slate". Maybe that's how she eased her guilt and forgave herself for her actions.

Now, this theory by no means excuses your behavior, you were completely in the wrong. NEVER put your hands on someone in anger again! You probably won't be so lucky the next time.

• Like 1
Or maybe she doesn't want to get hit again. As crappy as it sounds to bring it up, it is a reality.

But the problems aren't gone just because you don't want to address them. They're still there, and they will resurface.

• Like 1
davidromero43
We got involved in a very violent argument because i felt she wasn't telling me the truth and i punched her in the right eye.

You're a joke. Let her be with a real man.

• Author

Yesterday when i came from work she had the dinner ready and told me to go upstairs to the bedroom. She was waiting me in sexy lingerie, romantic music,strawberries and a champagne like beverage. No need to tell the rest for the sake of any underage people reading this post. Now i feel a little lost and confused. i didn't expect to have it too easy.Even the counselor told me that it could take 3 months or more for she wanted to get back. I punched a girl in the face and now i get this??!??? i will never understand women:confused:

Phoenician

You need now to be assertive and discuss with her boundaries ...

don't say sorry again and again .

You can just tell her that you will work on maing sure that u don't cross those boudaries again .

inside your self try to analyze why she cheated , THIS IS NOT A BLAME ON U , SHE IS THE CHEATER !

IT is just a confirmation for yourself regarding the incentives .

Like in my case , I attempted cheating last year(didn't do it ) ,wife would have never knew if I didn't tell her ; yet she never was able to understand that making a husband live in a sexless marriage for more than 15 years is not healthy !

And still she is never changing !

Sometimes a slap might wake up ppl , you did it on the face and she did it on your heart ; Good luck man ,try to keep this marriage if this the only cheating occurance ; and train her to do one thing :

train her to express herself , because if she tells u things at your face , is better than cheating on you ; get aquainted to the fact that there is nothing called unconditional love , nothing called unconditional trust ...

Marriage is a garden , it needs maintenance

• Like 1