Coworker acts like the town crier at work!

whichwayisup

Mapper, you need to find a way not to let this woman get under your skin so much and care less what she does, doesn't do, who she gossips about etc. I'm sure most know what she is all about and don't give it a second thought or allow it to get to them as much as it gets to you.

What you can do though is talk to your boss and ask if you can move locations so your desk is further away from her.

• Like 1
Why are you in my desk area looking at MY phone??
So why didn't you ask HER that? Based on what you've posted you just enjoy talking/posting about Chatty. You don't seem to be interested in solutions to this or any of your other problems (just like on ivillage).
Yes a trip IS fun, but the person who is going on it isn't saying a whole lot about it to anyone so why should this person, who just now heard about it be telling everyone what this person is going to be doing? If I'm not shouting from the mountaintop to my coworkers that I'm going to Hawaii then I certainly don't want another coworker going around telling everyone when I'm going, how long I'm staying, who is going with me, where I'm staying! She tells everyone when she gets just the SLIGHTEST bit of info on anyone so she can look like she's totally in the know and is the first to know EVERYTHING!

Who cares? You're not even the person taking this vacation. If your coworker has a problem with this girl talking about her upcoming holiday then she should say something to her, but it's not any of your business. Even if what you say about this girl is true and she really does try to look like she's the first to know everything, who cares? If this counts as a real problem in your life then you are truly fortunate. Most people have real issues to fret over.

• Like 1

It does seem that she simply rubs you the wrong way by breathing in your space. Once in a while everyone meets someone who just annoys us for no justifiable reason. At work, flexibility and tolerance have to be exercised or honestly, you come across as the unreasonable douche.

Figure out your aversion to her and take the necessary steps to be a peace with it. What is the alternative except to find new employment and meet your new adversary?

• Like 1
littleplanet

If she's an irritating boor, a bore, a cat, a distressing gumboil - and a thousand other things, sometimes reminding yourself that you're the adult in the picture, can work wonders.

You just don't like the woman. For what are to you, excellent reasons. Fine.

So act accordingly, and learn to live with it.

Gossip is as gossip does.

(Occasionally, it brings down empires.)

I think this time around that can be avoided. :D