Can flaky people make a good partner?

You could employ the "three strikes and he is out" strategy.

As a lower paid worker he may be exhausted at the W/e because what he does is highly physical or high stress, so he may truly have fallen asleep.

If you do decide to stay, keep vigilant and if there are any signs he was out with friends and deliberately ignored you, then you know what to do.

He texted me 24 hours later saying he fell asleep last night..and I should have called him so he would wake up..

Thoughts?

He's lying. IF his story were true, he wouldn't wait 24 HOURS to text you. He would have freaked out and called / text IMMEDIATELY when he woke up, full of apologies...not waited a full day before basically blaming YOU for it.

I would just say "no worries, I don't think this is gonna work out. Good luck"

• Like 2
I am seeing this guy, for around three months. While everything else is good, this one trait of him annoys me. So far it happened twice, where he would make plans with me but fail to follow through, without so much of a notice..

First time we agree to meet up after work and although he kept saying he'd arrive soon, I waited 2 hours, eventually told him I'm leaving.

Second time was last night. He invited me over 7pm and I agreed however when at 7 I messaged him to confirm, I heard nothing back...Eventually,again,I didn't get to see him at all.

I cannot figure out what is going on in his head...It's getting frustrated..Not sure how to proceed??

Move on. And don't look back. You waited two hours? I wouldn't wait 2 hours for anyone. If a man makes a plan to meet me somewhere and he let's me know he's running late, I tell him I'll wait half an hour tops. If he's late without letting me know, I'll reach out once, ask what his ETA is and if it's more than half an hour and there's a good reason, I'll say let's reschedule. If he doesn't answer when I reach out, I'm gone within 15 minutes. My time is valuable.

This man is either making plans with you and someone else and opting to see the other one or he's just plain inconsiderate and disrespectful and maybe both.

Dump him.

• Like 1
He texted me 24 hours later saying he fell asleep last night..and I should have called him so he would wake up..

Thoughts?

What are you, his mother?!!!

He had a date with you...set the damn alarm!!!

Not even sure I would believe it..

He's lying. IF his story were true, he wouldn't wait 24 HOURS to text you. He would have freaked out and called / text IMMEDIATELY when he woke up, full of apologies...not waited a full day before basically blaming YOU for it.

I would just say "no worries, I don't think this is gonna work out. Good luck"

^^^This...absolutely this!!

Thoughts?

YOUR fault? What's next on the sad excuse menu? You should have done his laundry so that he would have clean clothes to see you at his place?:rolleyes:

Look, he's not putting in any effort. He invited you to show up at his place Saturday night. He couldn't even manage to follow through on that...answer a message and open a door. Come on!

This is the second time he's blown you off. Cut your losses. No one who was actually interested in dating you and/or a relationship with you would treat you this way. Sorry, but at this point, this guy is using you as a space saver whenever you might fit in among his other social interests. You deserve way better than that!