Homewrecking, or "Moving in on one's territory."

I never ruled it out completely, but I always tried for girls that didn't have that baggage to contend with. I never had any sort of romantic interest in any of my friends gfs or wives. I guess some people don't mind the drama or maybe they just really click with a "taken" person (or think they do). I have also noticed that the "options at hand" in a given situation will influence how a person acts in these scenarios. I know guys that have tried with taken women before simply because they were the only women they really interacted with, due to the social circles of their friends.

lana-banana
Okay, has anybody on here ever actually "stolen" another man or woman from somebody?

I appreciate your putting "stolen" in quotation marks because you can't "steal" anyone away from a happy, satisfying relationship. But yes, my boyfriend broke up with his girlfriend of nearly four years and immediately began dating me.

I won't say he left her for me because the whole story is more complicated, as life tends to be. When I approached him to ask about our somewhat flirtatious conversations, he was already planning to break up with her in two months when their lease expired. He'd tried to end it once before but she had begged and cajoled until he caved. He was notoriously unhappy, so much so that hebqas introduced to me as "the genius engineer with a miserable home life". When he told his coworkers about the break-up they held a party for him!

If you don't know the story I might look like a homewrecker, but I really just accelerated the inevitable.

• Author
I appreciate your putting "stolen" in quotation marks because you can't "steal" anyone away from a happy, satisfying relationship. But yes, my boyfriend broke up with his girlfriend of nearly four years and immediately began dating me.

I won't say he left her for me because the whole story is more complicated, as life tends to be. When I approached him to ask about our somewhat flirtatious conversations, he was already planning to break up with her in two months when their lease expired. He'd tried to end it once before but she had begged and cajoled until he caved. He was notoriously unhappy, so much so that hebqas introduced to me as "the genius engineer with a miserable home life". When he told his coworkers about the break-up they held a party for him!

If you don't know the story I might look like a homewrecker, but I really just accelerated the inevitable.

Hmmmmm, you made some good points. I can see where your boyfriend was unhappy in his relationship, and I guess something like this is not totally wrong in the least bit.

It's like I've said before in another post. I have been attracted to women who were in relationships, but I never tried pursuing them because it would sometimes lead to problems. One woman in particular was a married woman, but she was legally separated and now is divorced. I am still open to try talking to her. I have not spoken to her in months. Maybe I should try to holler at her, but when I spoke to her last, she was in a vulnerable state. It's been a few months, so she might be better now.

I don't mean to sound like a hypocrite here, because I have felt interested in women who are with someone. However, most of the time I don't feel is a good idea to pursue them.