Hispanic Girls vs. White Girls (Emotional Confusion)

krizykronz

Originally posted by krizykronz

So, does that clarify things? I'm still left with my original problem: If I feel like I'm home, when I'm with a girl, then that's who I want to be with. Family. Home. Where does that sense come from? What makes it? Is it a prejudice? Or is it simply, a yearning to be with one's own people?

Ok, I got your point this time. :) I don't see anything wrong with your wish to be with someone of the same ethnic background. People have different experiences in life due to personal factors and outer circumstances. Often we prefer someone with a similar background, because he can relate to us in a better way. If you had been part of a minority and had faced racism in your life, you might prefer to be with someone who understands the issues you had to deal with because of the color of your skin. The other way round is also possible, you may not understand that racism is a sensitive issue for your partner and you may not even want to deal with it, because you have never experienced it and therefore it doesn't play a major role in your life.

Pick a girl that you like and if you prefer her to be of your race, then so what.