'Boop' on the Nose

SeelBubble

WhiteKnighter

I'm sorry but you are wrong and your BF is right. That IS hilarious!!!

But in all seriousness.. it sounds like a habit forming and he just needs to understand how annoyed it makes you.

As I said originally though, I gotta agree with him... it's pretty damn funny... lol

But in all seriousness.. it sounds like a habit forming and he just needs to understand how annoyed it makes you.

As I said originally though, I gotta agree with him... it's pretty damn funny... lol

...and how old are you? ;)

• Like 1

I seriously hope this post is sarcasm or I think i've identified the reason you're on LoveShack

Well, I admire your restraint. I already would have put him in a headlock and given him noogies.

The next time he wants a BJ, let him get in the mood but the give him pink belly instead. Google it.

Edited by preraph
  • Like 1

P.S. I used to have casual sex with a guy who would then do that thumping your nose thing to me at work (that old 3 Stooges thing, I think it was) and it was funny the first couple of times, but before long, I just thought of him as a pesky little brother and that was the end of the casual sex. So you might tell him pesky little brothers are not at all sexy.

One other maneuver you could do is come up behind him and grab the waist of his pants and pull up real hard. He's asking for it.

Edited by preraph
  • Like 1

Thats odd, sounds like your bf is the socially awkward type. Is he like 14?

You should be seeing ice cream trucks around. One day buy the both of you cones, and do a 'boop' on his nose with yours and finish by pressing the rest of the cone on his face. Hopefully he'll finally get the hint.

Edited by wb1988
WhiteKnighter
...and how old are you? ;)

I'm 29 and I find many types of humor funny, including this as well as other more intelligent forms. I'd rather laugh than be a boring adult.

I seriously hope this post is sarcasm or I think i've identified the reason you're on LoveShack

Yes, that makes sense. I find 'boops' on the nose funny therefore I have personal issues necessitating a love advice forum.

Your logic is sound, sir or madam. (< THAT was sarcasm)

My first sentence was sarcastic in the level of enthusiasm I showed, but the general theme is the same: I also have a silly sense of humor and could see myself doing the same thing, but if you don't like it then it should stop.

Learn to lighten up a bit and accept that sometimes it's OK to appreciate silly, goofy things. Now, back to your Matlock!

Edited by WhiteKnighter
BlackOpsZombieGirl

OP, contrary to what others are saying on your thread; if I were you, I wouldn't put up with juvenile behavior from a significant other who is FULLY AWARE that you're NOT an affectionate and touchy person and is just "booping" you on the nose to BUST YOUR BALLS. Some people would align that type of behavior with emotional abuse, narcissism and manipulation.

You may have reached the zenith of this relationship. I mean, seriously...if your significant other can't even respect your physical boundaries and your desire to NOT WANTING to being poked on the nose at any given time, this is what *I* would do if I were in your shoes:

The next time this pathetic ball buster attempts to disrespect you by TOUCHING you when you do NOT WANT to be touched, just take your middle finger and thumb and FLICK his nose, forehead, face or head, and do it HARD. See how he reacts. If he laughs and brushes it off, then he's retarded and will NOT comprehend the active MESSAGE you're trying to convey to him (since telling him ad nauseum that you WANT him to STOP doing it is NOT sinking into his pea sized brain).

Break up with him. There are at least 50 guys out there in your area who WOULD RESPECT you with regard to you personal physical boundaries and who would NEVER do what your "significant other" is doing. Personally though...if it were me....and this prick kept on flicking me on the nose the way he does to you...I would've punched him in the face HARD and said, "How does THAT feel? Are you laughing now?? We are *DONE*. Get the f*** OUT of my face. Don't *EVER* contact me again."

Sometimes, you gotta hit the message home to some people in a more direct manner. Especially if they're disrespectful, manipulative Ball Busters who like to emotionally ABUSE people because they GET OFF on it in a sick, twisted way. Break up with this loser and MOVE ON.

• Like 2

This boils down to simple respect, or the lack thereof as the case may be.

What someone else may think is "cute" or "sweet" is non sequitur: YOU don't like it and that really is the end of the justification. You're an adult, your body is yours and if you say you don't like being bopped on the nose, you are not wrong in any way, shape or form. For him to continue as if he's never had the conversation with you is for him to say "your boundaries don't mean isht to me".

I don't think kneeing him in the nuts is the answer. I think the answer is to always have the means to leave in the moment when he does this. Leave him where he is standing, catch a cab to the train and go home. He will get the message soon enough.

If he is a touchy-feely person and you aren't then this is an incompatibility issue that is not going to be resolved without someone becoming who they aren't in order to accommodate the other. Either he learns to keep his hands to himself or you learn to let him walk all over your boundaries as if they don't matter to him so he can say "boop" when he bops you on the nose.

• Like 3

This would annoy me too OP, and the people saying "it's a shame you can't learn to love it", "he's showing affection" or "he can't help it" ugh. Why would anyone learn to love being ignored or disrespected? I would just up and leave when he does it. Leave the cinema, leave his house etc. sounds like this is going to end badly if it keeps going. Maybe he will get the message.

• Like 3

I can see why people are telling you to get over it, because lots of couples do playfully annoying stuff like this, but

He even does it when we're in line at the cinema and I'm ordering our popcorn - it gets just plain embarrassing then :/

Whaaat. No. That goes beyond being playfully annoying. That's making it public and involving other people in your discomfort. Not okay.

Have there been any other instances of him disrespecting your boundaries in this relationship? If this is literally the only time he does anything like this, then maybe it's not malicious and he's really just clueless. But if this is a habit or pattern for him, then it's sick and you need to put an end to it.

I think this is hilarious too, if I watched a guy do this to his gf while standing in line at the movies and then viewed the pissed off look on her face. I would wonder is he clueless and trying to get her to laugh/loosen up or out to deliberately annoy her. Any fun factor would soon wear off if this was getting done on me all the time. I'd lose my patience. I like its style but the boop to the balls is a bit severe, but the hard flick to nose option given above I like. Giving him random wet willies might drive home the fact with him though it just might backfire and he might want to start some sort of touchy feely play fight. Maybe just quickly grab his fingers next time and twist hard and in stern voice say 'don't do that anymore it really shyts me'

• Author
I can see why people are telling you to get over it, because lots of couples do playfully annoying stuff like this, but

Whaaat. No. That goes beyond being playfully annoying. That's making it public and involving other people in your discomfort. Not okay.

Have there been any other instances of him disrespecting your boundaries in this relationship? If this is literally the only time he does anything like this, then maybe it's not malicious and he's really just clueless. But if this is a habit or pattern for him, then it's sick and you need to put an end to it.

He doesn't disrespect boundaries like this but I find that every time I ask him not to do something or refuse an offer from him (of any kind, I'll give you an example now) he either has to be asked twice or demands to know why. It's frustrating because otherwise we have a great relationship but it's times like this that he no longer seems like a BF but (as mentioned above) an annoying brother.

Example of being asked twice: He used to like putting his hand under my t-shirt when we watched TV together. (Weirdly he didn't touch anything, he just sort of left it there) I didn't really mind that much since it would be when we were cuddling but what would soon happen was that over the course of the movie or show or whatever he'd remove his hand and rest it elsewhere (on my shoulder, on his knee wherever) only he'd leave my t-shirt all rolled up so my midriff was showing, so I'd pull it down because...I just do and he'd roll it back up, not place his hand there or anything. I'd tell him I'd prefer it down (either it's cold or I'm trying to eat popcorn or something :p) and he'd be all confused.

Example of explaining is more frequent but a crazy one was when I was out shopping for a birthday gift for my dad. He'd met me in town for lunch and then he'd come with me to the shop. I bought my dad a dvd boxset and as I was queuing up to pay my BF goes 'right so how much is it?' I told him it was about 40 (whatever) and he starts getting his cash out. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was buying the boxset for me. I told him that he didn't need to buy my dad's birthday gift from me! (tbh I actually thought he was messing around) and then he asks me why. I told him because it's my gift for my dad. And he just kept asking why all the time.

So yeah, it can be tricky to say the least