I don't mean to seem shallow but...

Breezee

This may or may not be true... but I read somewhere that most men don't care how old a woman is ..... as long as she *looks* young!!

To the men: True? Not true?

This may or may not be true... but I read somewhere that most men don't care how old a woman is ..... as long as she *looks* young!!

I think you maybe right because I have a crush on this older woman at my job and even though she has gray hair she has this young look about her in the face.

Folks, as a reminder, links to personal information like dating profiles are prohibited here, as is discussion of forum dynamics or characterizations of other members or groups of members. Discussion of the topic, as outlined by the thread starter, is encouraged. Thanks!

I don't know about women but if an older man looks young and has a young attitude, he is going to be more attractive to women as per your dad, hot at 65.

That is where OLD can fail, because 65 is seen as "old" I guess to most women at 51 like your step mum.

So given the choice I guess most women at 51, would have a preferred age range of 46-56 ie plus/minus 5 on OLD and so she would have missed the opportunity for love.

I think you maybe right because I have a crush on this older woman at my job and even though she has gray hair she has this young look about her in the face.

Some people have grey hair in their twenties, she may not be as old as you think she is.

Some people have grey hair in their twenties, she may not be as old as you think she is.

I get so excited when lunch arrives because that's the only time I get to talk to her. Lol

I started greying at 26. Guilty as charged!

• Author
You're in your 50s, which isn't young. What age group of men are you targeting? If you are going for younger men, be honest with what you have to attract them with.

Comments like:

"Most of the guys are either totally ugh, or simply unappealing. And of course there was one guy who was very appealing (looks, likes & values) and wouldn't you know it, I'm out of his age preference range."

come across as sounding arrogant and entitled. I'd be very interested to see the responses to this post had it been a man describing most women as "totally ugh."

Are you GENUINELY physically attractive enough to warrant calling most guys "totally ugh?" or to be going for guys when you are outside of their own age preference range? Do you have attractive younger guys approaching you in real life?

I agree that some of the best looking guys are 20 years younger than us 50 year olds. It's amazing that everyone thinks it's okay and normal for men on those sites to go for women 20 years younger but people seem to raise an eyebrow or call you shallow if you are a 50 year old woman who is also attracted to the younger men. I think it's also a good idea to meet men in person. Maybe join some groups this summer that includes younger men.

Moy & stillafool: Let me clear this up. What I meant was that there are more much younger men whom I find attractive, but I would NEVER date a man more than say 5 years younger than me. I only notice them more.

Moy: I really dislike saying things like this but yes I am considered very attractive. I mean I don't turn heads quite like I used to in my 30's but I do get many compliments, even from my 18 year old son's friends. My niece told me that several people at her wedding asked her who I was. Aside from being fortunate enough to have great genes, I really take care of myself.

Lastly, I'm talking about the men I've seen online in MY area are mostly not appealing to me. Not that there are no 50ish guys whom I wouldn't find attractive, just what I've seen online.