Caught bf sexting his ex

• Author

I'm honestly not sure why I'm trying so hard to give him a second chance. He's just the first person since my last relationship ended that I've connected with on this level. I mean, we're very similar in likes and dislikes and he makes me feel good about myself when I'm with him. I guess I just missed feeling comfortable with someone else like that which makes me want to keep it going. I know there are other guys out there and that I'll find someone else if/when it does end. I just really fell for him and I thought he did too. :(

PegNosePete
he makes me feel good about myself

Really? Does it feel good to know that he has absolutely no respect for you or your relationship? That he would have sex with his ex at the drop of a hat? Cos, that is not the kind of thing that would make me feel good. That would make me feel angry that someone could treat me so badly.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well, obviously it doesn't feel good now. I'm pissed. But I also want to see what he has to say as I don't cut people out of my life without at least talking about it first. I haven't made up my mind yet about what I'm going to do. I know how to deal with the angry part of it and it would be easier to yell and scream and dump him immediately, however I at least want to know what the hell was in his head so if I break it off I can avoid guys like him next time.

An ex that is so close that they are still sexting and making plans to meet up, is an ex he is still thinking about and 4 months in, that is too much for you to tolerate, especially as you are supposed to be exclusive.

I guess you are just a rebound, and rebounds tend not to have happy endings.

I don't know if I want to just cut off something that other than this is really good.

Other than the fact that he was cheating on you with an ex, this is really good.

Wow. I wonder what you'd define as "really bad".

You should walk out of his life and never speak to him again.

Since you're unwilling or unable to do that, then get your guard up and keep it there, for as long as you know this man because he's not someone you can ever trust.

• Like 1

You snooped for a reason, because you felt something was off, now follow through.

I don't condone snooping, but IF its done, you better have the balls to follow through because then there's no point.

Now go do what you need to do!

• Like 2
PegNosePete
I at least want to know what the hell was in his head so if I break it off I can avoid guys like him next time.

Do you really think he's going to tell you the truth? Cheaters lie. It's just what they do. It's like asking a snake why he bit you. Because he's a snake!

I can tell you exactly what was in his head: "I want to have sex with my ex"

• Like 1
I at least want to know what the hell was in his head so if I break it off I can avoid guys like him next time.

You're trying to do this for the learning experience?

Don't waste your time. You won't learn anything by talking to him. He's not going to tell you what was in his head, he's going to tell you whatever he thinks it's going to take to get the heat off of him, nothing more, and nothing less.

• Like 2

if he has no children with this ex, why is he even in communication with her? Given as you say he's the one who asked for exclusivity, I don't understand what his need for her in his life is now.

And as it's been said, had you not snooped, they'd have probably hooked up. Him "saving your honor" to her is really irrelevant since he was ready to trash it until plans changed and she lashed out at him for dashing her hopes.

I'd be rethinking what a "great guy" this one is. He's not. Great guys don't have leading conversations with their exes about sex.

• Like 1
You snooped for a reason, because you felt something was off, now follow through.

I don't condone snooping, but IF its done, you better have the balls to follow through because then there's no point.

Now go do what you need to do!

^^^^This.

I'm completely against snooping, but if you believe right was so on your side when you did this, then you should fear nothing from using the information you've attained. You were grown enough to do it; be grown enough to take your a$$whippin' for it.