1 month broken up, 2 weeks NC

I am moving forward. But I wont ignore her is all im saying. But ill never initiate contact with her first, if she gets intouch ill reply. Thats all, nothing more nothing less.

That's not moving forward, that's staying in contact.

It might take you a few more months of suffering before you realize the difference, though. :(

Simon Phoenix
I am moving forward. But I wont ignore her is all im saying. But ill never initiate contact with her first, if she gets intouch ill reply. Thats all, nothing more nothing less.

That's a bad plan. Either you move forward or you don't. That is not moving forward -- that's treading water.

So literally your saying the only way to move forward is to ignore her for the rest of my life?

Pretty much. Unless you want to go to dinner with her and her boyfriend/husband in the future. ;)

• Like 1
Jimmyjackson
So literally your saying the only way to move forward is to ignore her for the rest of my life?

Well what other choice do you have?

Simon Phoenix

Maybe not the rest of your life, but until you are healed, indifferent, and have absolutely no romantic expectations. You're not going to do that with your current crappy plan.

• Author

I can try what your suggesting through not messaging and stuff, but if she says hello to me to my face what should my approach be, which is highly likely ill see her at least once a week unless I dont leave my home at all...

Simon Phoenix
I can try what your suggesting through not messaging and stuff, but if she says hello to me to my face what should my approach be, which is highly likely ill see her at least once a week unless I dont leave my home at all...

In that case, be short but polite. A quick hi or nod of the head, then off you go. No sticking around to chit-chat.

• Author

Short and polite, okay. This might seem obvious to some but.. if there is an event that I want to attend but she is also attending...? (HONESTLY its a small town, there is 2 venues in the whole area..) should I avoid it.. or go and always just keep it polite but short?

Simon Phoenix
Short and polite, okay. This might seem obvious to some but.. if there is an event that I want to attend but she is also attending...? (HONESTLY its a small town, there is 2 venues in the whole area..) should I avoid it.. or go and always just keep it polite but short?

Well, if you're doing No Contact correctly you won't know if she's attending or if she isn't.

• Author

I dont have her on any social medias. Again, small town event happen and most people go. Ill use my common sense and keep it short and polite then gtfo. Always.