How many times a week do you go to the gym?

Eternal Sunshine

I only manage weights 1-2x a week. Mostly once for around 45mins.

I walk on average 10kms a day though

I don't have a gym subscription - I prefer to exercise outdoors, which I do about 3-4 times a week. I know it's technically not as 'efficient', but I find it better as I actually see more of nature that way. Being stuck on an exercise machine indoors for 30 minutes each time is really not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

4-5 times a week, each session about 60-90 minutes. I switch between Upper A/B, Lower A/B and two-part splits every couple of months. Two part splits are working at the moment and I've just started a cut phase so I'm squeezing some jogging in as well.

• Like 1

Monday: Soccer for two hours

Tuesday: gym for 30 mins

Wednesday: Soccer for two hours (plus occasional additional hour)

Thursday: gym for 30 mins, soccer an hour

Friday: nothing currently but I want to start hitting the gym

Saturday: Soccer for two hours (most saturdays, some I am busy going out)

Sunday: Either 14 mile bycicle ride or two hours of soccer

Gotta keep busy to have her and this loneliness away from my head as much as possible.

I go to the gym when I want for however long I want/feel. Sometimes the feeling to push weights and need the gym for squats, or muscle failure in general. Usually I just smoke throw on some podcast and do stupid crap with free-weights on/off for the better part of an hour.

Otherwise, too much time in the gym and you're just a rat paying for gravity. Go to the park, swim, surf, yoga, sports, circuit training, biking, sprints, hiking, climbing, working, or running your mind off. There's just too much other fun stuff to do then sit in a Gym or any place with so many mirrors.

I'm usually not too fond of women with strict dogmas (especially if they're trendy), and that comes after skipping through the shallows various times. Healthy well-rounded lifestyle; mentally, emotionally and then physically.

Coughexerciseyourbrainsandheartcough

empresario

The past 5 years I've bounced between diets, supplements, and workout routines.

Everyone has an idea of what works. In reality, you have to figure out you. No exercise and bad diet made me lose weight. When I began my fitness journey I was 6'2'' 155lbs. Intense interval cardio blew out my muscles and made me gain fat up to 185. I could run a marathon but looked like a chunker. Isolating with weights made me cliff. Supplements made it worse.

Heavy weights with clean eating put on even weight. Clean eating without gluten made me feel great but I lost progress. Eating Keto made me explode in body fat.

Most of these attempts were with 4-5 gym days a week.

So what finally worked? I learned through trial my stupid ectomorphic body loves lots of carbs, low fat/protein, and few strength days. If I do dedicated core/leg days once a week and do natural muscle training 2 days a week (e.g. rock climbing), and eat clean 5/7 days with 2/7 days eating junk...my body reaches equilibrium. I had to accept my body doesn't like weighing 180. It will put on fat to get there if I have to.

Now, I weigh 170 at 6'2''. That's what my body stays at when I don't stress it...even if I slack on diet or exercise for a couple weeks (like now...I busted open my hand in softball). I can max bench 250-ish when previously at 185 I struggled to match my body weight. I can squat over 300 without breaking a sweat. I look skinny, but I'm lean and defined.

I will never look like I am as strong as I am. I can't pull off 180. I have to accept that about myself and play the cards I was dealt.

Probably more of a lesson than you wanted. I just think it's relevant to promote self-discovery. In every aspect of life.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of getting a family gym membership for all of us. I would really like to recruit my husband to 'support' me in losing this weight and getting sexier, and he can get sexy along with me!

Right now I walk briskly (sometimes break into a jog, my dog likes to go faster and she kicks my butt that way!) about 3 or 4 times a week, but only for a half hour or 40 minutes or so. I need to go every day, and supplement it with some kind of strength training...my metabolism is zilch.

fitnessfan365

I will do 60 minute hardcore intense workouts 3x a week on Tues, Fri, and Sun. These are the type of workouts that college/pro athletes do. According to my HR monitor, I'll burn 1200 calories or more in any given workout. However, I try to do workout outdoors as much as possible. There is a local community center that has a track, open field, bleachers to run, and full set up for a variety of body weight exercises. Totally awesome place and completely free!

Then 2x a week is really low intensity. I'll do 30 minutes of incline treadmill walking without holding on. Keep it at 3-3.3mph and vary the inclines from 10 all the way up to the max of 15. Surprisingly good cardio for being such low impact exercise. However, I like doing it for active recovery. Then I'll stretch, foam roll, etc..

• 2 weeks later...

5/6 times a week, weights running and swimming plus I have a physically demanding job and that's 5-6 days a week :)

MercuryMorrison1

I work out six days a week. Five of those days I do doubles.

Doing doubles means that I have my routine at home (P90x) and during the weekdays Monday-Friday I do my morning routine at home before work, and my second *Double* routine in the gym which is an hour long combination of cardio and light/moderate weight lifting, after work at night.

I take Sundays off as a recovery day.

I lift twice a week and do a combination of cardio, yoga, pilates or barre the other two days.

rocketman122

mike mentzer hit training 2 times a week. low volume, heavy weight, high intensity. need usually 2 days for soreness and another day or two to heal/get stronger.

SycamoreCircle

4 x week.

45 minutes.

5 minutes of treadmill.

40 minutes of free weights/isolated muscle groups.

Since 1993.

Arieswoman

2 x a week for 30 mins.

There are a group of us - er - cough :o - mature ladies - who go and we share a personal trainer who is a professional coach.

We do squats, face-pulls, ab wheel, free weights and step-ups. Nothing too strenuous, as most of us are getting a bit stiff these days ...

I also do gardening in my spare time ...

MrNate 2.0

5 days a week here.

I never spend more than 90 minutes per session, and usually I leave in under an hour.

Frequency matters to a point depending on how you decide to train your muscle groups.

However the most important aspect is workout efficiency. Work your body to the point you know it's been worked solidly then leave. Don't stay in the gym any longer than needed.

Your progress happens through rest and food.

Good luck with your goals- whatever they may be.

I switched it up a bit. I now go 4-5 times a week and do strength, cardio, and tabata intervals.

3x a week at the gym, about 1 hour per session. My goal is to up that to: 4-5x a week!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

I don't do gym that well, but it's still exercise.

On Monday i started exercising in a very unusual and unexpected manner.

14000 square feet garden that needs serious improvement with slope and quite uneven terrain.

1.5-2hs / day ... all my muscles ache and i've dropped already quite a few pounds, trying to maneuver a 80 pounds machine on a 10-30 degrees incline.

Can't wait to hit 260 pounds again, so i can get back on bike.

loveweary11

Never. I lift weights every other day and sold my car to ride my bike on all errands.

Not once.

I get a good workout with the kids.

Play 5 a-side footy 2 times a week. 11 aside on Sundays but that`s a pub team so it`s really more about brutality than football.

(Can feel my buttocks after that)

But not something i would ever discount.

(When they leave home and i have access to the fridge again)