I set up a date over text today with this girl, we both agreed it was a nice idea and

she goes there TONIGHT with someone else? lol

Since she was into the NCAA Tournament I suggested we meet at a nice sports bar in my neighborhood saturday night and she was like..."Oh I know that place let's do that"

Then I get home and sends a text later this evening talking about she is THERE NOW because one of her friends wanted to go.

So should I suggest another sports bar? lol

fitnessfan365
No why would you just because she's there with a friend? What's the big deal??

A guy should never accept a group "date" with a friend along if he wants to have a shot at building romance. Plus, there are some women that will make a date online with a guy, and then just "happen" to bring her friend(s) along so the guy can treat them as well.

If I met a woman online, and she wanted to have a friend tag along, I'd pass on it too.

• Like 1
  • Author
A guy should never accept a group "date" with a friend along if he wants to have a shot at building romance. Plus, there are some women that will make a date online with a guy, and then just "happen" to bring her friend(s) along so the guy can treat them as well.

If I met a woman online, and she wanted to have a friend tag along, I'd pass on it too.

No that's not what happened but that SOUNDS hot, kind of like "financial slavery"

LOL

She text me and said she is at the place tonight with a friend that we agreed to meet at which I thought was kind of weird. I thought it was a spot we would both go to later this week. But now that she has already went there what is it for her to look forward to now on saturday night?

I should just ask her to come to my house

SunnySide0418

Um, re-read the original post..

fitnessfan365

It's funny because SMG actually does pretty well at getting numbers on a semi-regular basis. He was dealing with the one woman that said she had to take another call, and now this woman he made plans with by text.

But you continue to be your own worst enemy dude. It's like a guy that always has food in front of him, but dies of starvation because he doesn't have the natural instinct to eat. :laugh:

Um, re-read the original post..

I was actually responding to what you said about it not being a big deal about her friend being there. I took this as you saying he should still meet the woman for the first time with her friend tagging along. But now I get your context. You were saying that her being there with a friend, shouldn't make the place off limits for a future date with her. SMG doesn't want to go there now because she went there once with her friend. In that case, I agree that it isn't a big deal.

Edited by fitnessfan365
  • Author
It's funny because SMG actually does pretty well at getting numbers on a semi-regular basis. He was dealing with the one woman that said she had to take another call, and now this woman he made plans with by text.

But you continue to be your own worst enemy dude. It's like a guy that always has food in front of him, but dies of starvation because he doesn't have the natural instinct to eat. :laugh:

I was actually responding to what you said about it not being a big deal about her friend being there. I took this as you saying he should still meet the woman for the first time with her friend tagging along. But now I get your context. You were saying that her being there with a friend, shouldn't make the place off limits for a future date with her. SMG doesn't want to go there now because she went there once with her friend. In that case, I agree that it isn't a big deal.

I looked at the menu tonight and I think I made a mistake suggesting that place it;s kind of expensive for a first meet. But I do have a 4 day weekend coming up and determined to go out atleast 2 of the days.

I decided to go there to take some of the nerves away that I normally have on first dates because we both would be focused on the game and the atmosphere

The coffee dates seem to go south for me because we are just sitting there facing each other. But this time we will be focused on something else instead of each other. So I wanted to switch up a bit from the coffee date

fitnessfan365
I looked at the menu tonight and I think I made a mistake suggesting that place it;s kind of expensive for a first meet. But I do have a 4 day weekend coming up and determined to go out atleast 2 of the days.

I decided to go there to take some of the nerves away that I normally have on first dates because we both would be focused on the game and the atmosphere

The coffee dates seem to go south for me because we are just sitting there facing each other. But this time we will be focused on something else instead of each other. So I wanted to switch up a bit from the coffee date

Still though, I'm actually a bit impressed at how many numbers you're pulling. You just need help on how to proceed once you get them. BTW - I agree that "coffee dates" are terrible. I always try to plan a first date/meet where we can walk around and chat. My GF and I had our first date in Barnes and Noble. We had fun just walking around chatting and using parts of the store to get to know each other a bit.

***It's funny because I know that a lot of people like to call it a "meet" if it originates from online. But my GF refers to it as our first "date". So maybe it becomes a date if it goes well and stays a "meet" if it sucks..LOL

Edited by fitnessfan365
  • Like 1
  • Author
Still though, I'm actually a bit impressed at how many numbers you're pulling. You just need help on how to proceed once you get them. BTW - I agree that "coffee dates" are terrible. I always try to plan a first date/meet where we can walk around and chat. My GF and I had our first date in Barnes and Noble. We had fun just walking around chatting and using parts of the store to get to know each other a bit.

***It's funny because I know that a lot of people like to call it a "meet" if it originates from online. But my GF refers to it as our first "date". So maybe it becomes a date if it goes well and stays a "meet" if it sucks..LOL

Yeah I think for now on I will try to focus on the atmosphere instead of just a coffee shop with us sitting face to face.

I started getting a lot of numbers suddenly when I changed my photos to the colors I look good in which is RED, YELLOW, and LAVENDER.

Since I did that the numbers have been rolling in

What did we tell you about dinner for first dates?

You haven't learned your lesson yet, apparently.

And why would her going there before matter? It doesn't. I don't see the problem other than you overthinking stuff again.

• Like 1

OP, I would have mentioned that something came up and ask to reschedule. If she has friend(s) there, I wouldn't go since it isn't conducive to romance.

And trying to change the venue at the last second would come off as awkward.

Don't be a doormat for women.

That's pretty much how I view it as well.

Fitnessfan is absolutely right, group dates are not good in the beginning. It's more difficult to judge her interest. Just reset the date for another day, no problem.

Where did you guys read it's suppose to be a group date?

OP: I much prefer going to a place I am familiar with for a 1st date so don't worry about her being there often or already, it will play in your favor. If she is familiar with the environment she will have an easier time concentrating on you.

For the 100th time, FORGET ABOUT DINNER!!

OP, I would have mentioned that something came up and ask to reschedule. If she has friend(s) there, I wouldn't go since it isn't conducive to romance.

And trying to change the venue at the last second would come off as awkward.

Don't be a doormat for women.

That's pretty much how I view it as well.

NO.

She is going with a friend tonight, but smg15 arranged to take her to the same place, later on in the week.

She is NOT suggesting he meet her and her friend there tonight.

He is upset that she is going there first with her friend, and now he is upset because having arranged it with her, he finds out it is going to be expensive...

NO.

She is going with a friend tonight, but smg15 arranged to take her to the same place, later on in the week.

She is NOT suggesting he meet her and her friend there tonight.

He is upset that she is going there first with her friend, and now he is upset because having arranged it with her, he finds out it is going to be expensive...

Oh ok.... No big deal then.

Just no dinner on a first date ;) Drinks or coffee only.

• Author
What did we tell you about dinner for first dates?

You haven't learned your lesson yet, apparently.

And why would her going there before matter? It doesn't. I don't see the problem other than you overthinking stuff again.

I wanted to choose a different atmosphere for once which is a sports bar with multiple big screen TV's for us to watch the game in addition to dinner

• Author
Where did you guys read it's suppose to be a group date?

OP: I much prefer going to a place I am familiar with for a 1st date so don't worry about her being there often or already, it will play in your favor. If she is familiar with the environment she will have an easier time concentrating on you.

For the 100th time, FORGET ABOUT DINNER!!

they serve food at sports bars

• Author
Seriously, stop self sabotaging dates.

How is it self sabotage?

She likes basketball, I suggested we watch the game at a sports bar on a saturday night