The GIGS epidemic among young women

<bla, bla, bla off-topic rhetoric redacted>

@Karin2rinkashi:

Yes, i came to his defense!

Because i thought that it was unfair for everyone to criticize what he asked rather than give their opinion on his observation.... And you are right, not everyone has to agree with anyone else on this forum. And so, i disagree with ALL of you...

And, he didn't project his feelings on women EVERYWHERE.... Show me where he says that women EVERYWHERE suit his observations?

So no offense mate...

Cheers!

For sure, go to his defense. But don't get upset and say everyone is being 'defensive' when you are doing the exact same. Kind of hypocritical no?

You are welcome to disagree with everyone, but there are ways to do so without telling everyone to basically 'get a grip'.

Reread the title of the thread. It says Gigs Epidemic among Young women. As I covered, the word epidemic implies that it is widespread among vast populations of young women. If he wanted to better articulate his position he could have titled the thread "Is GIGS common in young women?"

No offense taken, I'm simply trying to shed some light on the subject... being a young woman who didn't succumb to GIGS myself. :)

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Karin2rinkashi
She's 26!!!

Life ends at 26!!!

So she should stick with some dead end relationship, because she is too old to find anything else better...

Who said life ends at 26?

If you can point out that i said that then we can take this discussion further...

Otherwise, it is a waste of time, argue just to argue....

People can justify all they want for leaving a good relationship to find "Better"... Just don't be one of the old ones crying about "I can't find anyone"

And there are a **** load of them... look around!

Karin2rinkashi
So people should just settle for something/someone they are dissatisfied with because the "one" might not exist? What's wrong with being in your late 30s/early 40s being single and living life if that's what you want to do? I don't see why someone being single means that they have to "give everything up". They don't necessarily think they are giving anything up, they are living life. They haven't changed, they've broadened their horizons.

If they don't want to work on a relationship, they don't have to.

When did i say they should settle for it?

I said, try to make it work... you can always LET GO... ANY second, ANY minute... you can call it an end....

All i am saying is, give a GOOD shot to make it work.

DO YOU GUYS EVEN READ THE WHOLE THING?

Or is critical analysis too much to ask in this particular thread?

OK, let's move on from the characterizations of others postings and back to discussing the GIGS epidemic amongst young women. Thanks!

Karin2rinkashi
<bla, bla, bla off-topic rhetoric redacted>

@Karin2rinkashi:

For sure, go to his defense. But don't get upset and say everyone is being 'defensive' when you are doing the exact same. Kind of hypocritical no?

You are welcome to disagree with everyone, but there are ways to do so without telling everyone to basically 'get a grip'.

Reread the title of the thread. It says Gigs Epidemic among Young women. As I covered, the word epidemic implies that it is widespread among vast populations of young women. If he wanted to better articulate his position he could have titled the thread "Is GIGS common in young women?"

No offense taken, I'm simply trying to shed some light on the subject... being a young woman who didn't succumb to GIGS myself. :)

So you are coming in here, expecting people to have a full set of writing skills... and have it edited from the pros to make sure everyone gets the right idea? (politely asking, really)

And, get a grip might have been too strong of a statement. I apologize for that....

And no, i don't think that was hypocritical... Because i did not feel insecure or offended about anything relating to MYSELF... i was defending him not me....

A lot of the posts up there, criticizing him for only suggesting his OPINIONS, were too "in the face"

If you don't like the post, or have nothing to say about it, move on....

I agree with him and that was my reply to his post... If you don't agree with his post then tell him "YOU ARE WRONG!"

But don't tell him "You can't this and you can't that"

Hell yes he CAN! and He SHOULD!

It is called freedom of speech....

BUT FINE! I won't say anything because it is OFF TOPIC...

I TAKE IT ALL BACK BECAUSE THE MODERATOR IS INVOLVED NOW..... CONTINUE!

Edited by Karin2rinkashi

How about 'members who ignore the direction of moderation will be moderated or suspended'?

Maybe that will work better. Thanks in advance for your cooperation with this moderation directive.

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix
When did i say they should settle for it?

I said, try to make it work... you can always LET GO... ANY second, ANY minute... you can call it an end....

All i am saying is, give a GOOD shot to make it work.

DO YOU GUYS EVEN READ THE WHOLE THING?

Or is critical analysis too much to ask in this particular thread?

Why do they have to "make it work" if they don't want to? Sometimes you know something is dead, so you kill it. And I still don't know why you think it's bad to be single in your 30s or 40s like you seemed to suggest before.

If someone doesn't want to "make it work", that's a good indication that they aren't the "one" for you, isn't it? No one should be forced to do something they don't want to do. Is it unfortunate for the dumpee? Yes, but those are the breaks.

Just don't be one of the old ones crying about "I can't find anyone"
I think that's the point. Anybody can find anyone, but should you settle for just anyone, even if they would make a good roommate and companion? I think that bar is set way too low if you're going to be grateful for that. Like you said,

there are a **** load of them... look around!
I've seen far too often, when people do that in their 20's and early 30's, the kids end up with divorced parents in thier 40's and 50's who just couldn't stand living with a roommate anymore, no matter how cordial it was. Somebody always came along and sparked somebody's interest. After the dust settles, they find that they can be great friends, because that's what they were to each other all along, nothing more.

A little GIGS is good for you when you're young, especially if the grass you've been lolling around on is getting a little brown and trampled. Yes, it is undeniable that sometimes the grass is greener just because of the mere fact you haven't step foot on it yet, but that's ok too.

Now, if there were only a way that you could identify the "grateful" ones vs. the "GIGS" ones, then the grateful ones could hookup, and live contentedly ever after and the GIGS ones could hookup and race to the finish line.

• Like 2

A little GIGS is good for you when you're young, especially if the grass you've been lolling around on is getting a little brown and trampled. Yes, it is undeniable that sometimes the grass is greener just because of the mere fact you haven't step foot on it yet, but that's ok too.

Exactly, surely the OPs gf being only 26, having been on that now brown and trampled grass for 9 long years, is perfectly entitled to step on other grass at some point in her life, as are other young women in what they perceive are failed relationships.

• Like 1