Now this does not happen to ME too often during a 1st phone conversation lol

• Author
And how had this been working for you?

Last time you've had a long-term relationship? Last time you seriously dated?

What others have said: WAY TOO HARSH.

And I am going to tell a complete stranger this because??????????????????????????????????

And I am going to tell a complete stranger this because??????????????????????????????????

Because you are on a relationship site, ostensibly to get assistance and not just spout banal complaints of telephone conversations.

• Author
Because you are on a relationship site, ostensibly to get assistance and not just spout banal complaints of telephone conversations.

I am on here to have discussions about dating situations

ExpatInItaly

I think she hurt your ego when she didn't give you her undivided attention in the first phone call. It obviously bothers you a great deal. But you decided you're done. Seems like more of a power game to you than an actual dating situation.

And thus the conversation has begun; care to answer my questions to further the "discussion" or do you want these to be one-way vents on your "situations" that seem dysfunctional, at best...

Apparently you aren't... hold up, I got to go, got another call.

• Like 1
Someone gave me their number to call them tonight and I called so we can touch base. So we seemed to be hitting it off the first 5 mins and laughing a little and then all of sudden after 10 mins she says

"Can I call you back, I really need to take this call"

So of course I said yeah and don't have any intentions on speaking to her again. I don't often have someone click over during the first ten minutes of our conversation so she just made it real easy for me to delete her number. I would never click over when I am speaking to someone for the first time. This is so rare that I can't even remember the last time this happened to me. I know for a fact it wasn't in 2014 or 2013.

I can just imagine what a woman would be saying if a GUY did that lol. When I ended conversations I just make up a lie to get off the phone not CLICK OVER to take another call.

Eh, I had a first date with a girl got up and left me sitting there for 10 minutes while she went over to say "hi" to some friends of hers she'd noticed at another table.

Needless to say, I gently pointed out to her at the end of the date it wasn't good manners to wonder off and just leave people on your first meeting.

So yeah, some people be clueless.

• Author
Eh, I had a first date with a girl got up and left me sitting there for 10 minutes while she went over to say "hi" to some friends of hers she'd noticed at another table.

Needless to say, I gently pointed out to her at the end of the date it wasn't good manners to wonder off and just leave people on your first meeting.

So yeah, some people be clueless.

If that was me the date would have been OVER.

smg15, girl...

it's just not that serious. you know?

no one should be this butthurt & dramatic over someone else taking another REALLY IMPORTANT call.

no one.

If that was me the date would have been OVER.

Yeah, initially I thought it was only going to be a quick "Oh hey" or whatever, but as the time dragged on I thought ".. this could be going better" lol.

But hey, that's why they invited smart phones and coffee. I can be the bigger person *shrug*.